Flintpope has announced the release of Quintet 64, a new free Ableton Pack for Push that uses a Modern Classical palette.
Inspired by Steve Reich’s SEXTET I’ve made a 64-pad rack with two vibraphones (one hit and one bowed), a marimba, a piano and a voice/organ hybrid. The main instruments have two octaves each to inspire some riffing and there is NO percussion.
In this zip are two racks: one version of the rack is in A major and the other in the admittedly unrelated A harmonic minor because it was a simple rewrite.
The samples are all rendered in SIMPLER so this pack works for Live 9 Intro (v. 9.2) and up. These racks are optimised for PUSH but will work on any midi keyboard.
The pack is a free download from Flintpope.
Korg’s M1 digital synthesizer is back in the iM1 synth app. You get all of the original preset sounds from the original M1, plus sounds from Korg’s T1 as well. Additional sound libraries are available via in-app purchases.
Bitwig Managing Director, Placidus Schelbert takes the floor for the Microsoft Keynote at Summer NAMM to shed light on a special project after seeing the potential between Bitwig Studio and Microsoft Surface Pro 3.
Filmed in collaboration with Microsoft and A3Exchange during the Microsoft Keynote at Summer NAMM in Nashville, TN.
Live performance – YMO cover
Background video description:
I’m sure some people are wondering what the heck the MIDI controller versions of my iPad apps are for.
Everything you hear is being produced by the iPad itself, using ThumbJam as the MIDI synthesizer and MIDIPipes as the controller. I was working on a update to the app this morning, figured it was time for a demo video since its been probably a couple of years since I did the last one.
The DreadBox Erebus is a desktop analog semi-modular synth from Greece
The DreadBox Erebus offers what is essentially a monophonic synth architecture, but that allows for independent control of its two oscillators. This means you can play (or sequence) two different pitches, but the pitches will go through a shared VCF, VCA, etc.
- Full Analog Paraphonic Synthesizer
- Full Analog 2-voice Paraphony or Unison sounds
- 2 x VCO with separate glide controls
- Two pole (12dB/ocv) resonating VC Low Pass Filter
- VC LFO with additional VC Depth
- 2 x Envelope Generators (1xADSR and 1xAR dedicated to the AMP)
- VC Delay/Echo
- 14 patches for an astonishing Modular experience
- CV Outputs: LFO, Envelope, Modulation Wheel, Gate, Osc1 pitch (1V/ocv), Osc2 pitch (1V/ocv)
- CV Inputs: Osc1, Osc2, Echo time, VCF, LFO rate, LFO depth, CV/Gate
- MIDI interface: Pitch note/gate on-off, retrigger function (on-board), Mod wheel (patched on-board), Pitch wheel, MIDI Channel select 1-7 or Omni (DIP switch)
- Paraphony CV/GATE outputs allows you to turn monophonic devices into Paraphonic, or even combine 2 monosynths into a paraphony orgy
The Dreadbox Erebus is priced at US $539. See the Dreadbox site for details.
Please use headphones for maximum SID induction!
Video made with a DIY 1800 watts Y6 hexacopter.
MIDIbox MB6582 – 8580 SID x 2 (Bassline)
Alesis Andromeda (Lead #1)
Roland V-Synth (Lead #2)
Kawai K5000 (Ambient Pad)
Elektron Machinedrum (Drums)
Sequenced by the fantastic MIDIbox SEQ V4!
Thanks for watching and listening!
This video only shows the sound of the analog section in the Roland JD-Xa. This is not a musical statement, review, or patch demo.
First exploration of the Kilpatrick Audio Phenol synth, a remarkable instrument. No additional instruments, processing or effects. Everything you hear was recorded live, two tracks, directly from this machine.
The voices are boys fighting outside my window a few months ago, darkly disguised and distorted.