Sylo Synthesiser features live time-stretching technology
Sylo Synthesizer is a free iPad synth that lets you build sounds from basic waveforms, or capture them using the iPad’s built-in microphone.
Sylo Synthesiser features live time-stretching technology based on granular synthesis, and a suite of filters.
- Speed up or slow down a recorded sound to use as an instrument
- With a regular wavetable synthesiser, higher-pitched notes are also faster, like chipmunks, and lower-pitched notes are also slower, as though they are moving through treacle, Enable “Sync Speed” feature, though, and lower or higher-pitched notes still play back at the same speed, keeping them in sync with each other
- Adjust the speed control even while you’re playing notes: Slow, stop or even rewind the sound in the middle of notes — without changing the pitch
- Granular synthesis allows you to create instruments or effects from a recording, that do not sound like the original, yet retain its realistic, natural sound
- Frequency modulation, ring modulation, echo/delay, distortion, and a low-pass filter with resonance control are available
Sylo Synthesiser is a teaser for Sylo Synthesizer Pro, which adds these features:
- Use existing audio files as the building-blocks of your instrument: import audio from wave, aiff, mp3 and aac/m4a files
- Save recordings to your iPad or to Dropbox1 online storage
- Save your new instruments to the preset list for fast acces