Depeche Mode’s Andy Fletcher has revealed how psyched he is about jetting off for forthcoming DJ tour, which starts later this month. The long-time member of the synthpop group will kick off his journey on 29 January in Bucharest, Romania, before visiting countries such as the Philippines, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia and China up to 19 March. He will play a lot of new remixes, presumably from the new upcoming remix CD. On the Depeche Mode website, he said: “I am really excited to be coming to a lot of the places that Depeche didn’t get to visit on the last tour.”
Belgian fans need not worry about Fletch – as he’s often known – leaving you out. He will hit your shores on 19 March to play at the Belzik Festival in Herve.
Here’s the full schedule:
- 29 Jan – Ark Club, Bucharest, Romania
- 5 Feb – Crystal Hall, Kiev, Ukraine
- 6 Feb – Palladium, Odessa, Ukraine
- 16 Feb – City Hotel, Sydney, Australia
- 17 Feb – Room 608, Melbourne, Australia
- 18 Feb – Playground Weekender, Sydney, Australia
- 20 Feb – Syrup, Hobart, Australia
- 24 Feb – Republiq, Philippines, Manila
- 25 Feb – Kudeta, Singapore
- 26 Feb – X2, Jakarta, Indonesia
- 4 Mar – Star Live / DJ Mag Tour, Beijing, China
- 5 Mar – Eden, Seoul, Korea
- 19 Mar – Belzik Festival, Herve, Belgium
The British electropop trio Client announced via a press release just before Christmas that front woman Sarah Blackwood is leaving the band to focus on other projects. Kate Holmes is reportedly already in the process of recruiting a replacement.
Sarah Blackwood broke through in Dubstar (along with Chris Wilkie) back in 1993 when she replaced original vocalist Steve Hillier, and then become part of the Client, together with Kate Holmes and Emily Man at the beginning of the 2000s.
Client was the first band that was signed to Depeche Mode keyboardist Andy Fletcher’s record label Toast Hawaii and have been following the self-titled debut album “Client” from 2003 released three full length albums – “City” (2004), “Heartland” (2007) and later “Command “from 2009.