Taking a closer look at the Yamaha Arp & Drum Pad
Music iPad App – first look at some of the features of the Yamaha Synth Drum Pad.
“My first impressions are that this is one mother of an app. The sonic possibilities are great, although I’m a little in awe of it.”
Keyboard Arp & Drum Pad is a Core MIDI application that transmits notes to external MIDI instruments and includes a keyboard, arpeggiator and assignable drum pads. You can play the built-in keyboard, trigger arps and play various patterns of instruments like drum, keyboard, or guitar. Also the drum pads let you play drum phrases or assign the multiple notes on one pad and play chords. You can set the Keyboard Arp and Drum Pad to different channels so you can play drum beats and pad chords along with the sequence phrases run by the arpeggiator.
*Yamaha MOTIF XF offers you WiFi connectivity which enables wireless control.
*If you use the Yamaha i-MX1 iPhone/iPad MIDI Interface, you can connect to any MIDI instrument.
– You can choose from 342 arps including many different instrument categories.
– Each arp phrase can be modified in real time for swing, beat stretch, octave range and variation
– Each of the 16 Drum Pads can have up to 5 notes with assignable velocities, so you can play chords or layered percussion with one pad.
– You can even split the pads in half and assign different notes or velocities to the left side and right sides of the pad.
– A learn mode makes it easy to program the pads directly from the MOTIF XF.
– 64 user templates
– A Tap Tempo feature allows you to quickly set the Tempo of the arps
– A Ribbon Controller let’s you control Velocity, Pitch and 2 Assignable Parameters
*For the detailed information please refer to the following url.
*In order to have the WiFi connection, you need to get an OS updater for MOTIF XF from http://4wrd.it/YAMAHASYNTH and buy a compatible Wi-Fi USB adapter.