J74 Volca Control – an $8 package that provides you with three editors and control surfaces for each of the members of the Korg Volca series: the Volca Keys, Volca Bass and Volca Beats.
The tools let you control, store and modulate all Volca native MIDI parameters, while adding a bunch of new features for synthesis and performance, such as: filter KeyTracking (both VKeys and VBass), Chorus-like effects (VKeys), additional tempo sync LFO (VKeys), Pitch Tuning and modulation modes (VBass), 3x note Polyphony emulation on VBass, MIDI velocity emulation on VBeats, LFO auto-tuning modulation (VBass and VKeys) and Solo/Mute controls on VBeats.
All devices also offer presets storage (load, save, recall), a X/Y Panel for modulation of two parameters simultaneously and a parameter randomizer.
The devices come in the format of Standalone desktop applications for Mac and PC (integrating via MIDI communication to controllers and DAWs, with no additional license required) and in Ableton’s Live Max for Live format (integrating directly in Ableton Live, in this case a Max for Live license is required).
- Standalone tested on MAC OSX 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and Windows 7 and 8
- Ableton Live 9 / M4L versions require Live 9.0.6 or higher + Max 6.1.x
- Ableton Live 8 / M4L versions require Live 8.3 or higher + Max 5.1.9
The J74 Volca Control package can be purchased for US $8 and comes in the form of Standalone (both Mac and Windows) and as Ableton Live / Max for Live plug-ins. The package includes all formats and control surfaces. More info here >>
Volca units standard functionality mapped via MIDI:
- VKeys: VCO (OSC) Modes, Detune, Portamento, Pitch Envelope
- VKeys: LFO Rate, modulation intensity for both Cutoff and Pitch
- VKeys: VCF Cutoff and Envelope amount
- VKeys: Envelope (EG) Attack, Decay/Relase, Sustain
- VKeys: Delay Time
- VKeys: Delay Feedback
- VKeys: VCA Volume
- VBass: VCO (OSC) Pitch tuning for OSC 1, 2 and 3
- VBass: LFO Rate, modulation intensity for VCF Cutoff
- VBass: VCF Envelope amount (on Cutoff)
- VBass: Envelope (EG) Attack and Decay/Relase
- VBass: VCA Volume
- VBeats: Part Level (Kick, Snare, LoTom, HiTom, ClosedHats, OpenHats, Claps, Agogo, Crash)
- VBeats: PCM Speed (Claps, Agogo, Crash)
- VBeats: Tom’s Decay
- VBeats: ClosedHats Decay
- VBeats: OpenHats Decay
- VBeats: Hats Grain
- VBeats: Stutter Time
- VBeats: Stutter Depth
Additional features given by the VKeys, VBass and VBeats software:
- VKeys: Delay Modulation for Chorus-like effects
- VKeys: KeyTracking on VCF Cutoff
- VKeys: Additional LFO (LFO2) which is software-based and tempo synchronized
- VBass: OSC Pitch Tuning modes (unison, octave, third, fourth, fifth, major-chord, minor-chord and three auto-detune options)
- VBass: 3 note Polyphony emulation (paraphony), as OSC Pitch Tuning mode “poly”
- VBass: KeyTracking on EG/Cutoff level
- VBeats: MIDI velocity dynamics (emulates MIDI velocity support)
- VBeats: MIDI controllable pads with velocity emulation
- VBeats: Solo/Mute mixing controls
- All devices: X/Y Panel for modulation of two parameters simultaneously
- All devices: Parameter Randomizer
- All devices: Presets storage (load, save, recall)
What the VKeys, VBass and VBeats do NOT control:
- VKeys: VCF Peak (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBass: VCF Cutoff (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBass: VCF Peak (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBeats: Kick click/pitch/decay (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBeats: Snare snappy/pitch/decay (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- VBeats: Tom’s Hi/Lo pitches (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
- All devices: Any FUNC[tion] setting on the units (not hardware/MIDI implemented by Korg)
The Klark-Teknik DN27A 1/3rd octave graphic equaliser is the successor of the widely acclaimed DN27. It is a totally professional unit which combines the ease of use and reliability of its predecessor with many new features and improvements, to give uncompromising performance and maximum possible flexibility.
Considerable experience in the field of equalization coupled with a philosophy of continual research and development, has enabled the realisation of a product which meets the design criterion; simply the best.
Use of the highest quality materials and components is maintained throughout: Precision, ground air-gap ferrite cores and custom-wound coils are combined to produce the inductors required in each filter; the faders are oil-damped for smooth, positive operation.
The construction is completely dependable and robust, every unit being thoroughly tested both electronically and subjectively before leaving the factory.
More vintage flavors:
Waldorf Pulse 2 +++ Vintage Treats +++ Klark-Teknik DN27 +++ Urei Model 537
In this demo we go through some of the features of the Future Retro MondoVox with Korg’s most recent line of analog monosynths. The Mondovox turns these 3 MIDI capable monophonic synthesizers into a 3-voice, 8 oscillator polyphonic synthesizer with 4 independent filters!
The Mondovox takes polyphonic MIDI data and translates it to so that each voice is on its own MIDI channel. This allows for new ways to engage a spread of monophonic synthesizers or anything with MIDI! This can include multi-timbral, polyphonic, or virtual synthesizers.
Playing Moog Etherwave with KORG Volca beats/bass/keys.
Experimental play with KORG Volca beats, bass, keys and Amazon Kindle ( using kindle’s “Text to speech” function ) The text is from Volca bass’s manual
LIve recorded livejam with the three Korg Volcas.
all sequences where produced with the internal sequencers of the Korg Volcas.
a midikeyboard was used for playing and recording notes on the Volca Keys.
Minor EQ-ing in the high- and low-ends on each track and also on the Mastertrack was made.
also added 2 Effects from the Ableton Live library.
Free Drum Rack for Ableton Live featuring Korg Volca Beats samples!
Free Download @ http://bit.ly/freesynth92
*Requires Ableton Live 9*
Visit AfroDJMac’s site for more stuff like this, including Live Instrument downloads, tutorials and music! http://www.afrodjmac.com
Korg Volca Keys
Korg Volca Beats
Korg Volca Bass
Boss DR-660 with Line 6 M13 multi effects
A little piece of a new track jam session!
Here is a demonstration of the sound and functionality of some of the performance aspects of the Korg Volca Beats.
We take a look at the Korg Volca Bass, a three oscillator analog mini synth. Part of the impressive Volca range that has been rocking the synth world