In 2005 Dave Smith Instruments released their third Evolver – The Poly Evolver. Their flagship instrument, it’s a four-voice synthesizer (essentially four complete Evolvers) with a 5-octave keyboard, pitch and mod wheels, and a ton of knobs and switches in a clean, clear, easy-to-navigate layout. It can be a four-voice poly synth, four mono synths (each with its own sequencer), or any combination in between. The Evolverseries resurrects some of the oscillator, filter and other component technologies from the classic Sequential Circuits Prophet-VS and Pro-One synths. The Evolver was a huge hit the moment it appeared and this is the super-hands-on-real-time-programmable-polyphonic version of the little beast.
Each voice is a complete Evolver with four oscillators per voice: two analog and two digital – it’s a true analog/digital hybrid synth. The analog oscillators feature multiple classic waveforms plus pulse-width modulation and hard sync, and they sound really nice and big. The digital oscillators feature FM synthesis, Ring Modulation and 96 Prophet VS wavetables plus 32 user wavetables (loaded via MIDI only). Each voice also features two Curtis voltage-controlled analog low-pass filters which are fully resonant and switchable for two- or four-pole operation, two digital highpass filters and real analog VCAs. Modulation capabilities are handled by four LFOs and three ADSR envelope generators (for the filter, the amp, and one is user assignable). There are dedicated onboard effects (feedback, delay, distortion, glide, etc.). One of its best features is the MIDI-syncable 16-step 4-parameter analog-style sequencer (with each patch having its own sequence) which really brings things to life with evolving sounds. The LFOs, step sequencer, and three separate delays can all be synced for massive, rhythmic, time-based effects in stereo. A major unique feature of the Evolver is its true stereo signal path. For each Evolver voice, the left and right channels get their own independent analog oscillator, lowpass filter, highpass filter, VCA and effects. This allows for pretty nice stereo imaging effects.
The Poly Evolver essentially quadruples all those Evolver specs! In Program mode, all four voices play the same sound. In Combo mode, voices can be allocated however desired: stack all 4 for a huge unison sound, split or layer the keyboard in any configuration, and/or play one or all sequences at the same time. Each voice can also respond to a different MIDI channel. Each voice has its own stereo output jacks in addition to the mix output. Stereo audio input can be routed to any or all of the voices, enabling parallel audio processing of external stereo or mono signals. The output of one voice can be routed to the input of another for interesting double-processing effects. And multiple Poly Evolvers can be daisy-chained for increased polyphony!
Full of hundreds of jaw-dropping preset patches, the Poly Evolver offers four times the punch of the original Evolver. The Poly Evolver finally answered prayers for a truly hands-on, programmable synthesizer version of the Evolver, and Dave Smith went all out on this one. The keyboard is semi-weighted with velocity and aftertouch, the wood end caps and overall design make for a great, classic look. The Pitch/Mod wheels are back-lit. With 77 endless-turn knobs and 59 switches, pretty much all parameters are within easy reach. There is a Poly Evolver Rack version of this keyboard, but where is the fun in that? Unless, of course, you “Poly Chain” one or more Poly Evolver Rack models to a master Poly Evolver keyboard for tons more polyphony and Evolver madness! The Poly Evolver would soon be followed up by the much less expensiveMono Evolver, a monophonic keyboard version of the original Evolver.
video by the29nov films
sound art installation
in my series windfields
urban wind is an installation taked from my serie windfields. the devices of the serie windfields have in common that they rely, in one way or another, to the dynamic characteristics of the wind _ the air flux. in urban wind, they are wind sensors are installed in strategic points of the city [ e.g. ::: intersections, bridges, tunnels, parks, rooftops . . . ].
the velocity and direction of the wind will be analyzed and than transmit by wifi to a group of accordions that will emit a euphonic soundscape. public can ear the pulmonary dynamics of the city trought each accordeons bellows.the differents harmonies are created by the wind flow.
presented for the first time in korea at the incheon international digital art festival 2010.
Intro to analog modular syntheiszers.
Hosted by Roger Arrick of Synthesizers.com
4ms Peg, QCD² /Expander² ,QPLFO, RCD, VCA Matrix
Analogue Systems RS 100², RS110²², RS 360²
Arp Odyssey 2821 white noise
Bananalogue Serge VCS
Doepfer R2m, A101-2², A118, A134²², A143-1/2,A151²², A152,
A156², A175²²,A185-2(13x), A138abc, A192-1( 4Vox midi CC )
Flame 4 Vox ,Chord Machine², FX16,Talking Synth Module²
flight of harmony choices
Make Noise Brains ,PP², Maths²,Moddemix²²,QMMG,
Optomix, René , Wogglebug²,Format Jumper
Malekko Anti²², Unkle²²,Jag
Moog Taurus 2, FreqBox²², MP201
Roland SVC 350 Vocoder, System 104 Sequencer
SSL Modulation Orgy
Tip Top Audio Z8000 manual voltage source
Logic masterclock to Kenton Pro 2000
Rocktron Rack Interface²
FX : Akai MFC42, Alesis 3630, Boss VF-1,
Lexicon MX 400, PCM 80 , Line 6 Echopro ,
MXR Phase 100,TC M one XL, M3000
mackie the mixer²
triggered drums : Clavia D Drum 4se
vid # 1310
MoroderNova – signature edition version of the MiniNova synthesizer in collaboration with Giorgio Moroder
Novation has introduced the MoroderNova, a signature edition version of the MiniNova synthesizer in collaboration with Giorgio Moroder.
Over an incredible five-decade career, Giorgio Moroder has been nothing less than a beacon of influence in electronic music. Thanks to his pioneering work in the mid-70s with Donna Summer, among others, disco simply wouldn’t sound the same. In the ’80s, his blisteringly modern approach to producing the unforgettable soundtracks to movies including Scarface, Top Gun and Flashdance — using the synthesizer as his main instrument — captivated an entire generation of movie fans. More recently, Moroder has shot back into the popular consciousness, thanks to a universally acclaimed collaboration with Daft Punk in 2013, and his 2015 album Deja Vu, which features Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue and Sia as guest artists.
It’s his fascination with electronic sounds that is at the heart of his collaboration with Novation. Giorgio Moroder is nothing less than a god in the synth world, he’s been responsible with creating some of the most recognisable sounds across numerous genres, and we’re honored to create an instrument bearing his name. The collaboration came about after Giorgio began to use the Novation Mininova, taking it on tour all over the world. With MoroderNova, Novation and Giorgio Moroder have made a piece of synth history. Not only is it Novation’s first signature model, it’s the first and only synth with Giorgio’s name on it, a fact that we’re really proud of. What’s more, there are only 500 of them, each numbered and supplied with a certificate of authenticity.
- Instantly-rare, signature version of the MiniNova which pays homage to Giorgio Moroder.
- Branded with Giorgio’s ‘moustache and shades’ insignia, and with a distinctive silver/black colourway, the unit is a stand-out piece of synth heritage.
- The signature sounds identify some of Giorgio’s most seminal moments in music. From the timbres of his disco classics with bands such as Sparks and Donna Summer, to the incredible sounds of the Top Gun and Scarface soundtracks, and his recent work with Daft Punk, Novation’s sound designers have matched each and every one to the original. With access to these you’ll be able to draw inspiration from the works of one of the most influential producers alive today.
- Limited edition, numbered one of 500 units with certificate of authenticity.
Sign up at the MoroderNova website to stay informed.
“Picture frame eternity” taken from 2015 album “Garmonbozia”.
Release-date 15/06 2015
Video made by:
Jean-Michel Jarre with M83 “Glory” is a new track from Jean-Michel Jarre’s forthcoming album.
Available on iTunes. Order it now:
The Loop Loft has released Drum Direktor FNK-4, revolutionary loop player, step sequencer, drum pad player, effects unit and mixing station for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Drum Direktor FNK-4 is the first release in a series of instruments designed from the ground up to give you complete, hands-on control over Loop Loft loops and samples.
From “playing” live loops directly from the drum pads, to quickly creating intricate rhythms with the step sequencer, to tweaking effects and producing professional mixes, Drum Direktor is the ultimate all-in-one solution for creating beats.
Drum Direktor FNK-4 features
- Internal 32 Step Sequencer with 8 recallable patterns that allow for the simultaneous sequencing of loops and samples within a single instrument. Shuffle, Global Accent, Step Dynamics, Per group Sequencer Precedence and a convenient layout of Solo, Mute and Drum Loop auditioning all make sequencing patterns within Drum Direktor a natural and fast process.
- Flexible grouping architecture which allows for sophisticated organization and structure of drum loops and samples with easily identifiable colors and workflow features usually reserved for dedicated hardware workstations.
- Powerful Drum Pad infrastructure which allows for 16 simultaneous loops or samples from a collection of over 300 to be played and sequenced simultaneously with a clear waveform overview and playback positioning.
- A feature rich tools set of tools for processing each individual Drum Pad. Users have the ability to set playback quantization, playback speed, sampler mode, slice start time, pitch, stereo width, randomization, filtering, distortion, velocity, volume and pan on each of the individual 16 Drum Pads.
- A dedicated mixer for processing each of the 8 individual drum groups with high quality internal effects which include a Transient Shaper and Compressor/EQ modelled after a famous Solid State Console.
- Global Effects for Delay, Reverb and a powerful Tape Machine which allows for quick and powerful tone shaping. The Drum Direktor Tape Machine matches the quality and workflow of mixing drums to a multi-track tape machine in a fast and easy to use custom design.
- Internal master bus processors including EQ, Compression, Filtering and Distortion for a polished mix ready sound without ever having to use external effects or plugins.
- Powerful MIDI mapping controls for configuring Drum Direktor to behave exactly the way you want to work with your existing MIDI controllers.
- Highly customizable group options including user definable colors, choke times and external output for further processing and mixing within your favourite DAW software.
- Low RAM and CPU usage options for compatibility with a wide range of systems.
Drum Direktor FNK-4 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $79 USD until May 21st, 2015 (regular $99 USD).
Waldorf has released Nave for VST/AU/AAX, an advanced wavetable synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nave, our award winning next generation wavetable synthesizer, comes pre-packed with superb sounds, ranging from spatial pads to vivid wavetable scans and cutting leads to solid basses, but, above and beyond that, also an abundance of incredibly imaginative sound worlds – many of them professionally produced by some of the top sound designers around.
As a synthesizer thoroughbred at heart, Nave really represents a phenomenal playground for sound creation creativity. Its oscillators offer expanded wavetable functionality with elaborate editing facilities and an extremely effective speech synthesizer.
- Two independent advanced wavetable oscillators.
- Osc module with (up to) 8-oscillator Überwave with saw, triangle, PWM, white and pink noise.
- Two ring modulators.
- Multimode filter with LP/BP/HP, 12dB and 24dB.
- 3 envelopes, 2 LFOs.
- 10 Modulation Matrix entries.
- Drive with adjustable curve, depth, and position.
- Modulation effect with either Chorus, Flanger or Phaser.
- Reverb, Modulation Delay.
- Three-Band Parametric Equalizer, Compressor.
- Blades with musical scales and optional chord mode.
- Polyphonic Aftertouch.
- Up to 3 X/Y control pads.
- Polyphonic unison.
- Speech synthesizer for wavetables, 3D wavetable editing.
- Generation of wavetables from external audio files.
- Patch management with user banks and patch categories.
- Sound Patches can be exchanged with Nave iPad version.
- Supporting 32bit & 64bit VST, VST3 and AudioUnit hosts.
- Supporting ProTools 11 with AAX64 native.
Nave for VST/AU/AAX is available for purchase for 149 EUR.