Novation has introduced the Launch Control XL – a new MIDI controller that they call ‘the ultimate controller for Ableton Live’.
According to Novation, the Launch Control XL helps you focus more on your music and less on your laptop, by providing 16 buttons, 24 knobs and eight faders, all of which integrate seamlessly with Live.
- Hands-on control over Ableton Live
- Tweak your sound using 24 knobs with multicoloured indicators
- Precise control over levels with eight rugged faders
- Create your own control layouts, by freely assigning any control to any function in Ableton
- Plug straight into Mac, PC or iPad and start performing
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate track focus and key mixer controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection
- Control MIDI-compatible iOS software via Camera Connection Kit
- Launch Control is powered via USB bus power
Vintage synthesizer demo track featuring the Moog Prodigy
all sounds: Moog Prodigy Analog Synthesizer (1979)
drums: LinnDrum (1982)
recording: multi-track without midi
sequencing: Doepfer DarkTime step sequencer
Music Video for ‘Okay’ from Holy Ghost!’s new album ‘Dynamics’ out now on DFA Records
Directed by: Ben Fries
From the new album ‘Dynamics’ now available on iTunes.
DMG Audio has released Dualism, a complete toolkit for stereo work, featuring a comprehensive audio visualisation suite. Used as a final stage in mastering and monitor control, and at the top and bottom of every channel, Dualism ensures absolute stereo mastery.
- Fully equipped stereo toolkit.
- Input section for A/Bs, signal correction and gain structuring.
- Stereo processing section with Width, Mid->Side and Side->Mid.
- Extensive suite of visualisation options.
- Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64-bit, RTAS 32-bit.
- Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64-bit, RTAS 32-bit.
- Channelstrip input controls.
- M/S encode and decode.
- Extensive options for gain structuring.
- High-pass filters for Mid and Side.
- Comprehensive stereo field control.
- Monitor controller functionality.
- Supports dual inputs with crossfade and delay for A/B of signals.
- PPMs and Bendymeters.
- Fully featured FFT Spectrum Analyser.
- Octave, 1/3rd Octave and 1/12th Octave displays.
- 2D and 3D Spectrographs.
- Lissajous and Oscilloscope displays.
- Phase Meter and Correlation Meter.
- 1/3rd Octave RMS Analyser.
- Phase Spectrum analyser.
- Bit Scope.
- ITU1770 Short-Term loudness history and histogram display.
- Full ITU1770 / EBU r128 / ATSC A/85 loudness metering support.
- Full-screen mode and PNG screenshots.
Price: £175. There is an introductory price of £160 until 15th August, 2014.
The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to upload your own reverb space impulses. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency. More details: http://audio-mastering-ipad.com
Front Line Assembly’s 2010 album “Improvised Electronic Device” is being re-released on vinyl in various editions. The album is released as a special edition double-LP in 4 differentcolour options. Each colour was specifically chosen to high-light the Dave McKean cover art. The double-vinyl LP includes 2 bonus tracks, never before released in physical format: “Day of Violence” and “Attack the Masses“. As an added bonus, tracks from the “Angriff” EP, including remixes by Project Pitchfork, Skold, and appear on the vinyl as well.
Good to know, orders from Storming the Base also include alimited edition 7″ with two more “Angriff” remixes. The entire package comes in a gatefold sleeve. Cherry on the cake is a digital download code for all tracks.
The options available are:
- Option 1: solid-white vinyl (Buy here)
- Option 2: Special edition [a] half-and-half blue/red vinyl (Buy here)
- Option 3: Special edition [b] tri-colour black/white/gold vinyl (Buy here)
- Option 4: black vinyl (Buy here)
Whether solo, with Cobblestone Jazz, Modern Deep Left Quartet or his label Wagon Repair: quality is always priority number one for Mathew Jonson.
The restless canadian producer is constantly striving to develop both his composition and studio chops. His sound has earned him deep respect internationally, among his production peers as well as the DJ community. So, we thought it was high time we paid Mathew a visit in his well-equipped Berlin studio for a Slices Tech Talk on Electronic Beats TV.
Precisionsound has released Andes 25F for NI Kontakt and Logic EXS24.
“The Andes 25F looks like a Melodion but it’s really a high-pitched panpipe organ with a sound between a panpipe and an ocarina. Instead of reeds, this instrument has pipes. It’s clear and sweet voice is great for contemporary acoustic music yet also suits medieval styles. Our scripted version for Kontakt 3+ offers ways to play and tweak the instrument beyond its natural limits.”
The Andes 25F features:
- Individually sampled notes, key up and down noises, and release samples
- 4 round robins
- 400 stereo 24-bit WAV samples
- Playable range of C3 – C6 inclusive, extended from the natural range of F3 – F5
- 1 program for NI Kontakt 3+ with scripted performance controls and GUI
- 3 programs for NI Kontakt 2+
- 3 programs for EXS24
The full version of Kontakt is required, this library does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player.
Pricing and Availability:
$29 via download. A DVD version costs an additional $9.95. All formats are included
Amazing Noises has released Pulsor, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Max for Live.
It is essentially a monophonic synth that produces glitching/pulsing sounds and complex rhythmic soundscapes thanks to its odd circuitry.
It can also create evolving lead synth sounds, monophonic bass timbres and many other unexpected noises.
Pulsor is available for purchase for the introductory price of 15 EUR until July 20th, 2014 (regular 20 EUR).