Cuckoo got the chance to talk to Ken Macbeth about his new analog synth the Macbeth Elements. It’s a beast! Check it out!
Roland Aira System-1m, new Aira effects modules and analogue System 500 modules.
For those with short attention spans, audio starts at 3.46.
info coming soon… stay tuned.
Sugar Bytes has introduced Cyclop for iPad – a synth designed for ‘monstrous bass sounds’.
Cyclop is a monophonic synthesizer that they say does one thing very well -‘delivering cutting-edge digital madness at the low end of the frequency spectrum’.
Cyclop uses mid/side processing to introduce stereo imaging between 250Hz and 4kHz. This ensures wide, interesting sounds that retain their punch and bass. There are no phasing issues, which means Cyclop cuts through the mix very nicely.
- Monophonic Bass Synthesizer
- 6×2 Synthesiser Engines, 10×2 Filter Engines
- Analog Sync, FM, Sample Transformer, Spectromat, Saw Regiment, Phase Stressor
- Vowel Filter Mode
- Free Signal Flow for 2 Oscillators, Filters and Distortions.
- Incredibly versatile modulation system
- Multi FX Knob/Sequencer
- powerful Preset Browser with tagging and rating
- Full MIDI Support (Virtual, Network, External)
- Music Library Access (Transformer Oscillator)
- iTunes File Sharing
- Inter-App Audio
Plug-in for suppressing or boosting drums in mixed music, in real-time.
UNMIX::DRUMS is the world’s first plugin that allows suppressing or boosting drums in mixed music, in real-time. Using advanced source signal separation technology (a.k.a. de- mixing, unmixing, sound extraction, sound isolation), UNMIX::DRUMS provides drum level control that ranges from up to +18dB of boost to virtually complete removal. Sporting an intuitive multi-level GUI, frequency dependent control of key parameters, Zynaptiq’s high- precision analyzer display, M/S operation and an output limiter, UNMIX::DRUMS opens up exciting new options for mastering, music production, sample-based music creation, mash- up artists, remixers and DJs.
- Applications for UNMIX:DRUMS include:
- Balancing drums against the rest of a song in mastering.!
- Restoring dynamics to over-limited music in mastering.!
- Unique EQ alternative for mixed music.!
- Suppression of drums in sampled audio to remove “clashing” or “flamming” when
- mixing with new content.!
- Drum extraction for creating new drum-kits!
- Drum removal for Mash-Up creation!
- “Drum Kill Switch” for Dj applications!
- Pre-processing for voice extraction or similar applications.!
UNMIX::DRUMS supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz, mono and stereo, as AAX native, AU, RTAS and VST, on Mac & Windows.
Zynaptiq GmbH, based in Hannover, Germany, creates audio software based on pattern recognition, source separation, perceptual modelling and other advanced technologies, and is also known for their critically acclaimed UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP and MORPH plugins.
Pricing and availability TBA.
More information will be published as it becomes available at! http://www.zynaptiq.com/
Clavia’s first and most compact modular synthesizer + the state of the art multi FX unit of the same era ENSONIQ DP/PRO excelling in its reverb algorithms.
This video demonstrates the sounds of the JD-Xi’s digital oscillator section. This is Part 1 of 2.
Now introducing the new Waldorf nw1 Wavetable Eurorack Module
Available soon from
Video by Jesse Kanda
‘Sad Bitch’, featured on Arca’s debut Xen and the brand new ‘Xen (????? Edition)’, out now.
????? Digital Deluxe Edition include two bonus tracks, ‘????? A’ and ‘????? B’ plus the Jesse Kanda-created videos for tracks ‘Xen’ and ‘Thievery’. Buy Now: smarturl.it/XenDLX
ARCA LIVE & DJ DATES 2015
24 April – Berghain, Berlin, Germany (DJ set)
1 May – Donau Festival, Austria
12 June – St. John’s Church, Hackney, London
18-20 June – Sonar, Barcelona, Spain
4 July – Manchester International Festival, UK – SOLD OUT
Bastl Instruments New Modules 3 new modules introduced with the Rumburack complete system
Bastl Instruments Sensors Bring the outside world into your modular and vice versa