We take a look at the new updates in Steinbergs Cubase 7.5
Cubase 7.5 adds new features that support musical creativity and enhance workflow: create alternative TrackVersions, keep focused at all times with the track visibility management system and explore the new sonic possibilities of Groove Agent SE 4, HALion Sonic SE 2, LoopMash FX, the REVelation reverb
- TrackVersions: For creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth
- Groove Agent SE 4: With 30 new drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time
- New EDM construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks
- VST Connect SE 2: Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation
Steinberg has announced version 7.5 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production systems, a considerable update with many workflow enhancements, new instruments and new effects.
Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to its instruments and new effects to further the impressive feature set of Cubase and increase professionals’ productivity when producing music.
“The mix of highly effective editing and workflow enhancements, new instruments and studio-grade effects makes 7.5 one of the most beneficial Cubase releases since SX 1. I’m confident that this version will boost the creative output of our users and underline its position as DAW of choice for the most renowned producers today,” comments Helge Vogt, product marketing lead at Steinberg.
Changes in Cubase 7.5
- TrackVersions: Playlists for creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks.
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window.
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack.
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth.
- Groove Agent SE 4: With over 120 drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time.
- New construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas.
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more.
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units.
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks.
- VST Connect SE 2 (available in Cubase 7.5 only): Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission.
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation.
Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 full versions will be available from December 4, 2013, priced at MSRP 599 EUR and 299 EUR respectively. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who have activated previous Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 versions since October 15, 2013, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to version 7.5.
Rich Hilton is back from touring with Chic, which included a live appearance on X Factory in the UK, We talk Jimmy Sommerville, Elektro Moskva, Cubase Gesture Control, Da Vinci’s Viola Organista, Zynaptiq Pitchmap and the tiny linux PC Cloudsto MK802IV LE Quad Core
Put your mouse and keyboard aside, or any other controller at hand. Yes, it’s all about the hands and gestures. Together with Leap Motion’s controller or depth cameras developed using the Intel perceptual technology SDK 2013, Cubase iC Air gives you the ability to control Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 with the sole movement of your hands: adjust faders and EQ, navigate through arrangements, use transport controls and tweak virtually any control through gestures. Cubase iC Air lets you experience Cubase in an entirely new way.
Background video description (Googlish):
The “play along” and I tried to the vocal using the Pitch Correct function of Cubase7
I made all “HALION 5” backing tracks.
All tracks are HALION 5
Digital gadgets information delivery site Shimamura Instrument Co., Ltd.
A little instrumental track made with Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12. All sounds, except the HiHats, are coming from this Synthesizer and recorded directly to Cubase.
“Hope you like it and you can check the very good quality of its sound.
As soon as possible I will make a video showing some of the best presets.”, Mr.Synthmania
Well here’s a treat for all Cubase fans – a full 13 episodes with in-depth tutorals on all things new in Cubase 7, enjoy
All the other episodes can be found here:
Steinberg product specialist Sebastian Mönch continues to show you how to work with the Chord Track.
Novation Launchkey Tutorial: Controlling Cubase
~ LIKE our video and click ‘show more’ for additional information.
Quick tutorial video demonstrating how Novation Launchkey controls your DAW.
Artist: Perpetual Present
Title: Prophets not profits
Check it out here:
Launchkey is a range of 25, 49 and 61 note keyboard controllers with up to 50 physical controls including 16 velocity-sensitive multi-colour trigger-pads that launch clips and scenes in Ableton Live. As well as enabling hands-on control of your DAW’s mixer, instruments and more, Launchkey is an integrated software/hardware instrument. The control surface has been designed to work tightly alongside two intuitive apps for iPad: the Launckey app and the Launchpad app – plus the powerful V-Station & Bass Station synth plug-ins for Mac and Windows.
Novation Launchkey Key Features:
• Launchkey comes with a brand new Launchkey app and Launchpad apps for iPad and the powerful Novation V-Station and Bass Station synth plug-ins for Mac and PC
• Quick, hands-on control of your mixer, transport and more in Ableton, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Reason, Cubase and Logic
• Two rows of launch pads for playing and sketching out drum beats, or launching and improvising with loops using the Launchpad app – they also launch clips and scenes in Ableton
• Synth-styled velocity-sensitive keyboard with precision accuracy and fast action – software control via 50 faders, knobs, pads and buttons (35 on 25-note version)
• Instant access to major DAW control parameters — with no assignment necessary
• Fully bus-powered, even with iPad. Just plug it in and go, with no power supply or batteries
• One gigabyte of Loopmasters sample content including artist packs, drum samples and sound FX
• Ableton Live Lite included
For more videos subscribe to our YouTube channel here:
A short demotrack made with the Waldorf Rocket synthesizer.
All sounds from the Rocket. Delay, reverb, compression from Cubase 5.
Thanks to Depeche Mode.