Reaper is fast becoming a truly powerful and efficient DAW, are you up to speed on it?
The amazing Kenny Gioia breaks it all down for you in this awesome, in-depth series of video tutorials focusing on Cockos Reaper. You’ll learn about project creation, templates, routing, editing, using plug-ins, automation, rendering and exporting, MIDI, markers and regions and so much more. After viewing this collection, you’ll be able to work and navigate Reaper like a seasoned pro. More and more people are switching to Reaper everyday, don’t get left behind, and don’t fear the Reaper! Product Hightlights • 26 Tutorials / Over 4 Hours Total Runtime
• For all beginner to intermediate Cockos Reaper users
• Tutorials written by multi-platinum selling producer Kenny Gioia
• Simple to use video control interface for Mac & PC
Thanks to AGZ for providing this tutorial
The source audio track is sent (master send disabled) to 6 other tracks, each with a ReaFIR plugin to define the bands. Subs, Lows, Low Mids, High Mids, Highs and Ultra Highs. After that is a simple compressor for each band. You can insert any other plugins you want for each band: Saturation, stereo width etc. You may find this to be a good starting point for mastering.
Here’s the Project File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1053122/multiband%20template.RPP
Cockos has updated REAPER to v3.12.
REAPER (Rapid Environment for Audio Prototyping and Efficient Recording) is designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio.
* Automation lanes: fixed possible crash when removing FX parameter envelopes.
* CD burning: fixes to native XP mode track divisions.
* Extensions API: GetSetMediaItemInfo() fixes for fade shape settings.
* Fade drawing: when using full-area filling, fixed drawing when zoomed in.
* FX: per-FX buggy plugin compatibility mode (assumes plugin is not threadsafe, needs constant precleaned buffers, etc.).
* Hardware outputs: post-fader track outputs obey track polarity control.
* MIDI editor: show notes pressed as long as the input note is pressed.
* OSX: improved drag/drop support.
* OSX: support for control+alt+drag to render to new file (drag to desktop, finder, sampler, etc.).
* OSX: CD burning support.
* OSX: REX support.
* OSX: special casing for POD Farm VST misreporting view type (VST 2.4 should be composited view).
* OSX: fix for some AUs that do not export automatable parameters until after audio streams are initialized.
* OSX: added correct file locking to prevent writing files open for read.
* Pencil mode: fixed fade/autofade settings for newly drawn media items.
* ReaControlMIDI: support for raw mode (0-127 access to all CC messages).
* ReaControlMIDI: envelopes and TCP knobs report the same value as the slider (0-127, 0-16383, or on/off).
* ReaControlMIDI: support for storing/sending sysex dumps up to 64KB.
* ReaScript: run Python or Perl scripts that call Reaper API functions.
* ReaScript: assign reascripts to key commands or toolbar buttons.
* VST bridging: optimized plug-ins that call for tempo information.
* VST bridging/firewalling: per plug-in option to embed UI (not as compatible, less crash-resilient).
* VST: safer querying of text strings from certain plug-ins.
* Win32: async file reading now has more grace on error.
* Win32: file locking improvements (no longer allow writing to media files that are open and online in REAPER, etc.).
* x64: VST bridging performance improvements, ReaRoute performance improvements.
* x64: will now use same config path as x86 (unless appdata/REAPER64 is valid).
* x64: REX support (via bridging).
* x64: fix for certain (broken) ASIO drivers.
REAPER Latest Version
before spending big bucks on a software package (or worse, pirating it), try Reaper – it’s fully operational straight away and you’re free to demo it for as long as you want, has features enough to rival a lot of commercial packages and only costs $40 if you decide to support it at some point by registering it.
|REAPER v2.51 – September 26, 2008
Download: 3.4 MB installer