This year, at Maker Faire, Jeri Ellsworth presented her Commodore 64 Bass “keytar” that makes use of the original SID 6581 sound chip. In this video Jeri gives a rundown of how she built it and the circuit designs used.
Live remix of an “Alien” main theme composed by Paul Clansey back in 1984. “We live as we dream: alone”..
Game was developed by Amsoft and released for Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC.
The main theme is played by C64 with Cynthcart cartridge. Please note that Gameboys in this one are for decoration purposes only (unlike the bottle of Southern Comfort ^-^ ).
Thanks in advance for all your comments!
LIKE FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
VISIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
de la Mancha has announced the release of basic 65, a monophonic synth, inspired by the classic 80s home computer, the Commodore 64 and its legendary SID chip.
Building on the waveforms and signal path of this famous chip, basic 65 adds further features and options to take things a step further.
The double arpeggiator allows complex versions of that retro 8-bit game sound and the modulation options inspire experimentation via the mod envelope and 2 comprehensive LFOs. Pulse width modulation, ring modulation and oscillator detune/sync are key ingredients in the signature sound. Throw in some pitch drift, bit drift, a sprinkle of dirt and randomisation and you have a wide range of lofi, chiptune, retro-tastic sounds at your disposal.
This version is the update to the popular basic 64, redesigned from scratch, with many improvements, new features and all new presets. basic 65 was co-developed with sink, who also made the amazing presets.
Basic 65 features
- Monophonic synth in VST format for Windows based hosts.
- 3 oscillators with pulse, saw, triangle and noise waveforms.
- Pulse width can be modulated by envelope or both LFOs [NEW - pwm modulated by envelope].
- Each oscillator can be sync’d to another and/or ring modulated by another.
- Each oscillator has its own ADSR envelope and can be routed to filter individually.
- Resonant filter with low pass, high pass, band pass and notch modes [NEW - notch mode added].
- 2 tempo-sync Arpeggiators in series for complex arp sounds [NEW - 2nd arp, added arp patterns].
- Arp tempo, range and note length can be adjusted [NEW - more tempo-sync options, note length knob].
- Modulation envelope can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators as well as filter and dirt [NEW - modulates pwm, cut-off, res, dirt].
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs with wide range of waveforms, including random [NEW - more waveforms, more tempo-sync options, added phase].
- Both LFOs can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators [NEW - individual oscillator pitch and pwm].
- One LFO also controls filter and dirt, the other can modulate the depth and speed of the first LFO [NEW - modulates res, dirt and LFO1].
- Envelopes are non-linear and can be retriggered from zero or smoothed on each new note [NEW - separate smooth for amp and mod envelopes].
- Pitch drift models instability with variable depth and frequency [NEW - depth and frequency added].
- Options for 4, 6, 8, 12 or 16 bit audio with randomising feature [NEW - added randomising, added 4 bit and 12 bit].
- Developed with SE 1.1, so no problems with multiple instances [NEW].
- 128 presets by sink covering arps, leads, bass, drums and lofi sounds [NEW - all new presets].
- basic 64 is also included in the download.
Basic 65 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $24 USD. A free copy of dirty harry and PULS is included with a purchase until October 7, 2011.
I modded this Commodore C64 by putting a MSSIAH Cartridge, 6 pots and 2 switches in it.
4 pots are for the MSSIAH Software, 1 for Volume and 1 for a Feedback Loop I built in it.
Maybe in the future I will give this thing a nice painting or a new housing and of course pot knobs
Shared by Malte Horstmann
Live demo of one of my songs.
Bassline is played by an good old C64 equipped with Cynthcart.
Tune is called “we ain’t finished yet” and has been featured on DEAD PIXELS long play.
In 2009 I began experimenting with SID chiptune (built-in sound generator chip of Commodore 64), and Cynthcart to create a blend of original 8bit sound from the 80′s and Rock music.
Download FULL albums completely for FREE @
Shared by lukhashdotcom
Most of you know Fräulein Plastique as one of two girls in the synthpop band Welle:Erdball, but Plastique (as we have reported on before) is also having another band on the side called The Girl and the Robot – we caught up with Fräulein Plastique at this weekends synth festival in Sweden and asked her what she has been up to and next steps in relation to her Robots and activities with Welle:
C64 doing time stretching, sort of vocoder stuff, delay, etc. at the same time. of course LoFi, but it works with 8Bit, 1MHz..
One of the most illustrious and well-known composers for the old computers, Tim Follin has always been able to make the best use of the hardware available in imagainitive to create his own unique sounds. This is a sampling of his work on the Commodore 64.
[0:01] Gauntlet III-1
[2:16] Bionic Commando-6 (Stage 2)
[3:44] Ghouls n Ghosts-8
[6:20] Ghouls n Ghosts-11
[9:21] Gauntlet III-2
Composer: Tim Follin
Bionic Commando music originally composed by by Fujita Harumi
- Added native support for JSidplay2 and JSidDevice
- Faster startup time
- Emulation improvements
- Copy file/directory added to context menu
- Many small improvements
- ACID64 couldn’t start on some Windows 7 64 bit machines
- Turning filter off and seek back turned filter on
- Switching device and then seeking could silent the tune
- Fast forward could freeze GUI in some cases
If you weren’t able to make it for the Datapop 3.0 festival in Austin, March 16-17, here’s some video clips of the action: