Embertone has launched Chang Erhu, a deep sampled erhu instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The erhu is a two-stringed, bowed musical instrument. It may also be called a “southern fiddle”, and sometimes known in the Western world as the “Chinese violin” or a “Chinese two-stringed fiddle”. It is used as a solo instrument as well as in small ensembles and large orchestras. It is the most popular of the huqin family of traditional bowed string instruments used by various ethnic groups of China. A very versatile instrument, the erhu is used in both traditional and contemporary music arrangements, such as in pop, rock, jazz, etc.
Our Erhu can create profoundly expressive and beautiful music, and it’s also sooooo much fun to play. Its flexibility and out-of-the-box sound is undeniable! …and we don’t think there’s a virtual erhu out there to match it!
Chang Erhu features
- True legato programming with 2x true round robin.
- Bow Change, Slurs, Portamentos.
- Custom Kontakt scripting by Andreas Lemke.
- Control over vibrato speed and intensity.
- 3200+ recorded samples.
- 1.6 GB installed.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz/16-bit stereo/mono (recorded 96KHz/24-bit).
Chang Erhu is available for purchase for $80 USD (16-bit) / $85 (24-bit & 16-bit). Requires full version of Kontakt 4/5.
Rhythmic Robot has launched NanoMod 8-bit, a free instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
NanoMod 8-bit is a simple but versatile Kontakt synthesiser based on vintage 8-bit polysynths, featuring an “intelligent” interface that allows the user to adjust multiple parameters with single controls. It is offered as part of the KVR Developers’ Challenge 2014.
NanoMod 8-bit brings the simplicity of Rhythmic Robot’s NanoMod interface to bear on the crusty, gritty, aliased sounds of classic 8-bit synthesisers of the early to mid 80s. Using source waves taken from vintage Ensoniq hardware and a front-end incorporating convolved Wasp and MS20 filters, this NanoMod is aimed squarely at big, powerful polysynth sounds – everything from warm and evolving pads to screaming leads.
The library is a free download, released as an entry to the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
Precisionsound has released Andes 25F for NI Kontakt and Logic EXS24.
“The Andes 25F looks like a Melodion but it’s really a high-pitched panpipe organ with a sound between a panpipe and an ocarina. Instead of reeds, this instrument has pipes. It’s clear and sweet voice is great for contemporary acoustic music yet also suits medieval styles. Our scripted version for Kontakt 3+ offers ways to play and tweak the instrument beyond its natural limits.”
The Andes 25F features:
- Individually sampled notes, key up and down noises, and release samples
- 4 round robins
- 400 stereo 24-bit WAV samples
- Playable range of C3 – C6 inclusive, extended from the natural range of F3 – F5
- 1 program for NI Kontakt 3+ with scripted performance controls and GUI
- 3 programs for NI Kontakt 2+
- 3 programs for EXS24
The full version of Kontakt is required, this library does NOT work with the free Kontakt Player.
Pricing and Availability:
$29 via download. A DVD version costs an additional $9.95. All formats are included
Download Free Sample Library by Crypto Cipher – Indian Kontakt Instruments and Sound Designed Instruments.
Crypto Cipher Audio Lab has released a free sample library for Kontakt, featuring Indian instruments.
List Of Instruments and Audio Content:
- Double Sided Hand Drum Sample Size : 12 MB , 250 Samples, This is a multisampled Instrument – 10 RR with Low , Mid and High Velocities. Play with the script to get beautiful patterns.
- ThingamaKit – SFX Instrument. Sample Size :- 70 MB , 170 Samples, Scripted.
- Pambai – Rare South Indian Percussion. Sample Size :- 60 MB , 270 Samples. Multisampled Instrument , Scripted.
- Tabla Mouth Percussion / Thunderous Raga Voice Samples – Audio Wave Format.
- Mouth Shots(Tabla Mouth Percussion) – Scripted/Mod-wheel Controls Speed ((Kontakt 5.3+ Needed))
- Indian Harmonium Scripted – One the the Instrument from Our Bollywood Harmonium Pack.
- Tabla Loops – Wave/REX/Kontakt
- A patch from Voices Of Ragas Vol-1 (Kontakt 5.3+ Needed)
- Sound Design Instruments
- Violin Raga Phrases Instrument ( A patch from Bollywood Harmoniums Product)
CL-Projects releases OSA (Old School Arps) for Kontakt 5.1 and higher.
Here’s what they say: “Imagine yourself in a cellar, filled with vintage synthesizers and analog sequencers, flashing lights, knobs and faders everywhere, playing Berlin School electronic music. If you don’t have any of that equipment to your disposal, this library is the next best thing. It tries to bring some of that sound and feeling to your home and studio by supplying vintage arpeggio patches.”
The Berlin School electronic genre of music was first made in Berlin in the 1970s, hence the name, by electronic music artists like Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze and Ashra. Typical for this type of music are the evolving, atmospheric and hypnotic layered sequencer textures. The sound consists basically of ambient elements combined with short, repeating sequenced runs of notes, which gives the music a rhythmic element.
OSA is a Kontakt 5 library aimed at this genre of electronic music from the 1970s and 1980s and consists of vintage arpeggios, and a few modern ones too. Inspired by musicians like Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Michael Hoenig and countless others.
- For Kontakt 5.1 and higher (Full version).
- 24-bit 44.100 kHz ncw samples.
- 50 different waveforms per oscillator.
- 24 samples per patch, 12 per oscillator (76 notes).
- Velocity and Aftertouch responsive.
- 6 folders containing a total of 151 patches.
- Patches divided into Straight, Triplets and One Shot (separate folders).
- 4 Effects: Reverb, Delay, Chorus & Phaser.
- Time and Speed parameters sync to Host tempo (Delay, Chorus and Phaser).
- All parameters on 1 page.
More info on the OSA product page: www.cl-projects-sound-design.com/osa
Tronsonic has released The Expressive Tron, a free sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt (5.2.1+).
The Expressive Tron features 4 tape banks from an original (un-serviced) Mellotron M400: Flute, Strings, Cello and Male Choir:
- These are not pristine Mellotron samples – re-recorded to worn tape for characterful sound design.
- Utilises Tronsonic’s ‘microtape plus’ format, which features tape echo style sequencer and fx section.
- 5 patches per bank; 5 multi patches.
Visit tronsonic.com for your free download – no need to register.
AudioThing has released Tank Drum for Kontakt 5, a new virtual instrument based on samples from a steel tongue drum.
Also called hang drums, these instruments are usually made out of propane tanks with tongues of different sizes and tuned in different scales.
The instrument sampled features 8 tongues and is tuned in E minor pentatonic. It was played both with hands and rubber mallets, along with some sound effects with hands and brushes. The sound has a long release and is rich in harmonics.
- 7 Kontakt Instruments (.nki)
- 5 Round Robin samples
- 3 Velocity Layers
- 7 Custom Impulse Responses
- 274 Samples (44.1kHz / 24Bit)
- Formats: Kontakt 5 and WAV
The next step in music!
Sample Logic has released an updated version of Arpology – its Kontakt-based ‘sonic animation tool’.
Here’s what Sample Logic has to say about Arpology version 1.1:
Sample Logic is excited to release a very important enhancement to ARPOLOGY with Version 1.1 update. Now ARPOLOGY is not only an amazing sample library of 550+ instruments and multis spanning all musical genres, but is also a MIDI effect with the ability to transfer Step Animator patterns to any virtual instrument loaded in a DAW. This means you can drive all of your virtual instruments with the creative power of ARPOLOGY’s Step Animator.
In addition to MIDI Drag & Drop, this free update now allows up to 128 steps and contains an on/off button to use the instruments without arpeggiation.
Arpology for Kontakt is available for US $399.99.
Realitone has released Realivox Blue. Realivox Blue is a solo female vocalist sampled into Kontakt, and features a word/phrase builder which allows the user to type in their own words. Over 12,000 samples are used to make the wordbuilder work.
True sampled legato is employed, for smooth transitions in legato phrases. Legato can be either monophonic or polyphonic.
Also featured is the ability to double or triple the voices, useful for either creating an ensemble, or to simply thicken a lead voice. Combined with the polyphonic legato feature, Realivox Blue can emulate small choirs in a single instance.
Optionally available in Kontakt Player format.
Price: $149. Introductory price is $99.95 for users who own the full version of Kontakt, or $114.95 for users preferring the Kontakt Player version.
echo|collective has announced Signal Return, a performable Kontakt instrument and soundset designed to create a wide variety of interesting and textured sounds.
All of the source material comes from recordings of various devices feeding back into themselves either electrically or acoustically. No software based speaker emulators or distortions were used in the creation of these sounds.
We covered all of the classic forms of feedback including an SM58 through a PA, an electric guitar through a tube amped miked with an SM57 and a Royer 121, a set of Sony headphones feeding into themselves, and a pair of Uniden walkie talkies with both mics open too close to one another.
We also did a series of line level loops with devices like a sansamp bass driver DI, a Danelectro Honeytone amp, and a Roland Cube amp. The line level loops were also run through guitar pedals and pitch/delay plugins to further bend and distort the looped signals.
Signal Return features
- 24 bit 96k metadata tagged wav files.
- Soundminer embedded spectrograms created with iZotope RX3.
- 250+ unique recordings.
- 4.8 total Gb of sounds.
- 22 Kontakt fully programmed unlocked .nki files.
- .nki files require full version of NI Kontakt 5.0 or higher.
The library is available for purchase for $20 USD.