Novation appears to have a bass synth in the making, teasers pics from thier Facebook site yesterday below:
Or perhaps a a two oscillator mono synth
MFB has introduced the Tanzbär Drumcomputer – a new analog drum machine.
Audio demo below:
And finally a new electronic instrument from Dualo:
Dualo, a start-up company etablished in 2011 by two musicians and engineers, has designed a musical instrument based on a innovative and intuitive keyboard: the du-touch ß.
This original key layout, which is closer to harmony, is an alternative to the layout encountered in a piano, and is called the dualo keyboard.The manner in which the keys have been laid out has been validated by several musicians, and is designed to provide an opportunity to learn, to read and to play music faster than traditional instruments.
In Decembre 2012, after two years of extensive research and development, Dualo has released a limited edition of his first instrument, dualo du-touch ß, already sold-out. Several famous artists decided to support our project, including Cyril Atef (-M-, Bumcello, …), Fixi (Java) and Khalid K.
In view of the enthusiastic reception for our instrument, Dualo is now launching a crowd-funding campaign on KissKissBankBank.com to finance the professional edition, which will be delivered from Decembre 2013.
Our first instrument, “dualo du-touch ß” is designed for amateurs and professionals.
- innovative : it’s the first instrument in the world which use a layout of keys based on the dualo principle
- compact, portable and featuring a wide tessitura : light, designed to come with you everywhere, 5 octaves for 29cm high
- standalone : battery-powered, built-in synthesizer, built-in multi- effect processor, built-in multitrack looper ; audio line out and amplified audio headphones out
- versatile : thanks to the built-in features which allows to play with a wide palette of sounds and to organize them in songs
- original and allowing a wide stage presence : fitted with gesture and movement sensors offering a new generation of musical gesture, a new feel and a new phrasing
- intuitive and instructive : thanks to the dualo principle and to the built-in help system : screen, light display
Launchpad S — the next generation of Launchpad
How “KTR” setup the Launchpad: http://youtu.be/KLUqYpMJNpY
~ LIKE our video and click ‘show more’ for additional information.
Novation’s Launchpad may have begun its life focused mainly on controlling Ableton Live. But a new update, while not radically different from the original, is more flexible, working with more software and more operating systems – including the iPad. It’s also brighter and refreshes faster than the original.
For all the details on Launchpad S visit:
Download the samples and Ableton session here:
Launchpad S is the evolution of Novation’s best-selling Launchpad 64-button grid music controller — with much brighter buttons, significantly faster refresh rate and it supports multiple software. It’s MIDI Class Compliant so it works with any MIDI software on your Mac or Windows PC. It even works on your iPad via a Camera Connection Kit (not included): Launchpad S converts your iPad into a grid-based music system: no additional power supply required, just plug in and play.
•The new 64-button grid music controller with MORE
All the features of the original — now with much brighter buttons, faster refresh and expanded app/system support
•Supports Ableton Live and other grid music applications
Ableton Live software is in the box — also supports FL Studio with no additional drivers. And your iPad!
•Control your mix
Including volume, pans, sends, track arming, soloing and muting. Launchpad S lets you jump to different levels across eight channels at once
•Launchpad iPad app
Trigger loops and effects using the Launchpad app on iPad — Launchpad S can be plugged into your iPad and fully powered with a Camera Connection Kit
•Take it anywhere
Launchpad S is fully USB bus powered — no need for power sockets or batteries — and it’s lightweight and easy to carry anywhere.
•More software and sample content
Comes with the Novation Bass Station synth plug-in and over one gigabyte of Loopmasters samples
Demo of Novation Supernova 2 synthesizer / keyboard.
Playing a dreamy, relaxing spacey ambient electronic music soundscape. Utilizing 3 oscillators, portamento, reverb, panning, tremolo, envelope and filter adjustments.
Live improvisation, no external processing. Excerpt from a longer session.
Novation LaunchKey Video – iPad integration, app switching and more
Launchkey is a range of 25, 49 and 61 note keyboard controllers with up to 50 physical controls including 16 velocity-sensitive multi-colour launch pads that trigger and stop clips – and launch scenes – in Ableton Live. As well as enabling hands-on control of your DAW’s mixer, instruments and more, Launchkey is an integrated software/hardware instrument. The control surface has been designed to work tightly alongside two intuitive apps for iPad: the Launchkey app and the Launchpad app* – plus the powerful V-Station & Bass Station synth plug-ins for Mac and Windows.
Future Music get a demo of the new Novation Launchkey controller keyboard and the accompanying iOS apps.
Launchkey — Next generation instrument for computer and iPad
~ LIKE our video and click ‘show more’ for additional information.
Launchkey is a range of 25, 49 and 61 note keyboard controllers with up to 50 physical controls including 16 velocity-sensitive multi-colour trigger-pads that launch clips and scenes in Ableton Live. As well as enabling hands-on control of your DAW’s mixer, instruments and more, Launchkey is an integrated software/hardware instrument. The control surface has been designed to work tightly alongside two intuitive apps for iPad: the Launckey app and the Launchpad app – plus the powerful V-Station & Bass Station synth plug-ins for Mac and Windows.
Novation Launchkey Key Features:
• Launchkey comes with a brand new Launchkey app and Launchpad apps for iPad and the powerful Novation V-Station and Bass Station synth plug-ins for Mac and PC
• Quick, hands-on control of your mixer, transport and more in Ableton, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Reason, Cubase and Logic
• Two rows of launch pads for playing and sketching out drum beats, or launching and improvising with loops using the Launchpad app – they also launch clips and scenes in Ableton
• Synth-styled velocity-sensitive keyboard with precision accuracy and fast action – software control via 50 faders, knobs, pads and buttons (35 on 25-note version)
• Instant access to major DAW control parameters — with no assignment necessary
• Fully bus-powered, even with iPad. Just plug it in and go, with no power supply or batteries
• One gigabyte of Loopmasters sample content including artist packs, drum samples and sound FX
• Ableton Live Lite included
For more videos subscribe to our YouTube channel here:
Moog Moogerfooger Cluster Flux MF-108M, with feedback at maximum, can be “played” from MIDI Notes On/Off. In this video, the sound source is, as usual, the Acidlab.de MIAMI Analog Drum Machine; the frequency/time of MF-108M is played with Novation SL25 MkII MIDI master keyboard.
Shooted with an iPhone, audio in glorious mono.
The clock frequency of Moog Moogerfooger MF-104M analog BBD delay can be severely down scaled from external MIDI control. So, you can use the MF-104M as a grunge/glitch/hack/drone machine on every audio source. On this (dirty and short and easy) video bits, MF-104M is munching the Acidlab MIAMI analog drum machine.
A dreamy, relaxing space ambient drone electronic music soundscape played live on Novation Supernova 2 keyboard synthesizer. Utilizing comb filter, reverb, delay, resonance, sync skew, filter & envelope adjustments.
Performed live, no external processing. Excerpt from a longer session.
FOR PART 1 CLICK HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhs-LguPTx8
This video takes you through the essentials of making animations with MiniNova.
MiniNova is a compact, super-cool performance synth with the same sound engine as its big brother: the UltraNova. It comes with 256 incredible onboard sounds which you can tweak with 5 knobs, or totally warp with 8 ‘animate’ buttons. MiniNova also has an onboard VocalTune™ effect as well as a classic vocoder so you can recreate iconic vocal sounds from Hip Hop, Urban and electronic music.
Novation MiniNova key features:
• Hugely powerful micro synthesizer with UltraNova’s sound engine
• Brand new VocalTune™ and classic vocoder effects
• Live synth: tweak and warp your sounds in realtime
• 256 awesome onboard sounds – instantly searchable
• Layer up to 5 effects per voice
• Comes with editing software and a software patch librarian
• Run guitars and other instruments through the vocoder, VocalTune™ and effects
• 37 key controller keyboard with MIDI I/O
The two ther videos can be found here:
Background description and details below:
Just got my Novation Supernova 2 so am learning the ropes! What a wonderful synthesizer..
In this video I’m just experimenting with a preset arp patch, some delay and reverb effects, resonance and filters.
Hope you enjoy the jam.
In the studio with Carmen Rizzo
Carmen Rizzo is a two-time Grammy-nominated recording musician, producer and composer whose credits include Coldplay, Oakenfold, Alanis Morristte, Niyaz & Jem. We visited his beautiful LA studio to discover how he gets inspiration and why he chose to build his live rig almost exclusively around Focusrite and Novation gear.