Brian Eno’s Oblique Strategy “Honour they error as s hidden intention” is the inspiration for a new sample library, Error Tone.
Here’s what developers Tone Manufacture have to say about it:
In that spirit, we’ve created a library solely from errors. Some of them completely accidental, some where we just looked the other way whilst the accident happened. But all of them stem from a willful ignorance of instruction manuals and correct operating procedures.
Home movie soundtracks mangled with the wrong converters, musical toys tortured into revealing hidden sonic secrets and computer hard drives dying noisily, all of the sounds in this library started out life as errors.
Some of them have been further treated with a mixture of carefully applied computer processing and traditional studio techniques, some left as nature (never) intended.
Tone Error sells for £29.99 £19.99.
- 30 NN-XT sampler patches, ranging from massive pads to sub-shaking percussion.
- 14 Combinator instruments, all with performance controls and extensive processing.
- 200+ single hits, from tweeter shredding glitches to low end rumbles.
- NN-XT patches with all the single hits mapped across the keyboard.
- 46 REX2 loops, from percussion to circuit bent transmissions.
- 600+ Mb of content.
- 24 bit / 48khz high quality audio.
- Available either in Reason Refill or Wav / REX2 format.
- Wav / REX2 format includes NN-XT instruments that can be used in Native Instruments Kontakt.
Eyegasm takes a generative approach to animation, creating ambient visuals.
The video is direct output from the iPad’s HD screen, which generates the animation in real-time at 1024 x 768.
My new app ‘Eyegasm’ is now available for iPad on the App Store.
It’s essentially a version of Zio, but without the menus and configurability options (p.s. you can still run Zio in ‘upscaled’ mode on the iPad too of course).
Eyegasm however is HD – and takes full advantage of the hi res screen on the iPad.
Here’s the app description:-
“From award winning digital artist Glenn Marshall, Eyegasm is based on his critically acclaimed ‘Zio’ iPhone application. Eyegasm functions much like a lava lamp, or an aquarium – add a soothing, animated visual experience to your room, heart and mind. Beautiful, endlessly generating organic visuals take full advantage of the iPad’s amazing screen resolution and graphical capabilities. Use pinch and touch gestures to freely move, zoom and rotate. Or just sit and watch. Peace.”