Tokyo Dawn Records and Variety of Sound have released SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition, an equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition takes SlickEQ’s concept to new heights and adds an exotic “Tilt”-filter flanked by flexible low-pass and high-pass filters. Five distinct EQ models provide a rich set of predefined EQ curves and behaviours for the three main semi parametric filter bands.
SlickEQ GE offers a switchable EQ non-linearity as well as six different output stages. These options offer subtle and interesting textures, from the typical “mojo” often associated with high quality analogue audio gear, up to more obvious saturation.
SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition features
- Modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure.
- Three semi-parametric filter bands, each with two shape options.
- Five distinct EQ models: American, British, German, Soviet and Japanese.
- Low band offers an optional phase-lag able to delay low frequencies relative to higher frequencies.
- High pass filter with optional “Bump” mode.
- Low pass filter with two different slopes (6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct).
- Parametric Tilt filter with optional “V” mode..
- Six output stages: Linear, Silky, Mellow, Deep, Excited and Toasted.
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“Stateful saturation”).
- Highly effective loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Stereo, mono and sum/difference (mid/side) processing options.
- Frequency magnitude plot.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
SlickEQ – Gentleman’s Edition for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 30 EUR.
elephantcandy has announced the release of EQu for Spotify, the first quality equalizer for Spotify.
In 2010, audio software company Elephantcandy introduced audio equalizing for iPhone. With the EQu app, Elephantcandy created the famous equalizing curve that has become the standard in audio equalizing apps ever since. Now we take it to the next level with EQu for Spotify.
EQu for Spotify features
- Pounding bass and crispy highs — Equalizing is the key to get the perfect sound from your system. EQu for Spotify is the first iPhone app that allows premium Spotify users to equalize their Spotify music. Subtly adjusting the spectral balance makes it possible to optimize audio to your speakers, headphones and acoustic environment. Top-notch technology wrapped up in a user-friendly interface.
- FFT Equalizing — Whereas conventional equalizers allow you to amplify or attenuate predefined bands, Elephantcandy’s equalizer makes it possible to design an extremely precise and smooth frequency response by directly manipulating more than 1.000 discrete bands. EQu’s linear phase design also preserves all of the music’s fidelity and introduces no spatial distortion.
- Extra options — The standard version of EQu for Spotify is free. In-app purchases allow for more presets and offer a full version of the app, including extra precise tuning and the option to make and save personal presets.
EQu for Spotify is now available in the AppStore as a free download. The full version is available as an in-app purchase for $2.99 USD, and a presets pack is $0.99 USD.
The TDR VOS SlickEQ is a collaborative effort from the likes of Variety of Sound (Herbert Goldberg) and Tokyo Dawn Labs (Vladislav Goncharov and Fabien Schivre).
The SlickEQ is a mixing/Mastering EQ that was designed for ease of use and of course great sound. It’s arranged in a LOW/MID/HIGH semi parametric layout for a fast and intuitive workflow when mixing. It also comes with access to four distinct EQ modes, each one having a set of pre-defined EQ curves and behaviors.
Download SlickEQ here http://bit.ly/1mInrKZ
RAZ Audio has released the N6 stereo EQ VST for Windows. They say that the N6 offers a natural work flow – just pick an EQ band and move it around to get the desired effect. If you prefer to use knobs, they are there for you with “control+click” for returning to default and “shift+click” for fine tuning. They tell us that the users interface keeps all the data you need without creating “graphical noise” or clogging the control screen and that N6 uses their brand new computational engine and controls for high precision, low CPU and rock solid stability.
“Music production tools should serve the user, not the other way round. This is why we offer the N6 EQ for free, no licensing, registration or locking devices needed. We did our best to get you what you need – a free ‘no strings attached’ precision tool, which is easy and intuitive to use. We hope you enjoy it.”
- High precision EQ tool
- +/- 18 [Db] gain per band
- Various band shapes: low Pass, high pass, peak (& notch), low shelf and high shelf
- Precision FFT reading with: Off, Pre-EQ & Post-EQ mode
- Zero latency
- Easy, natural GUI
- Supports any sample rate (auto detection from host)
- Clipping LED’s and Input/Output controls for avoiding signal clipping
Pricing and Availability:
Waves has released the Scheps 73 plug-in. Scheps 73 is a 3-band EQ modeled on the classic 1073 console’s EQ and mic preamp module and developed in association with world-renowned mixing engineer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Sabbath, Lana Del Ray, Metallica, Jay-Z.)
The Scheps 73 EQ features interrelated bands that adhere to the 1073’s original specs and emulate its behavior: a fixed 12kHz high-frequency band, switchable low and midrange bands with cut and boost controls, and an 18dB/octave high-pass filter. Additionally, a little-known 10kHz midrange band discovered in the original 1073 schematics, but operable only on the rare 1078 channel strip has been modeled and incorporated into the plugin.
Using innovative procedures to model the acclaimed Marinair transformer, Waves has meticulously captured all the sonic characteristics of the 1073, including its harmonic distortion. These overtones were tweaked by Andrew Scheps himself.
Price: $149 – There is an introductory price of $99.
EQ is probably the most important tool to make sure your mix sounds good. But how do you know where to cut or boost? What frequencies are important? In this video Propellerhead product specialist Mattias lets you in on four EQ tips for a better mix. Learn basic EQ usage, what frequencies matter in a kick drum and more!
Plugin Alliance has announced the release of bx_hybrid V2, a mono and stereo equalizer bundle by Brainworx.
bx_hybrid V2 was re-designed from the ground up, using Brainworx´ latest filter-designs. Bringing you unrivaled analog-style filters and awesome digital workflow. The EQs will map any & all features of the AVID / Digidesign ICON center section EQ plus the Surround Joysticks.
Artifact-free EQ-ing up to 26(!)kHz, even in low-resolution sessions (44.1k & 48k).
5-band EQ plus Lo- and Hi-Pass filters with various adjustable filter orders (up to 5th order / – 30dB per octave), Lo- and Hi-Shelving EQs, Peak filters, 2 Notch-filters (with adjustable Q!), and Shifter EQs which can be controlled with Surround Joysticks or your mouse.
bx_hybrid V2 features
- New: Brainworx critically acclaimed filters.
- Artifact-free EQ-ing up to 26kHz.
- 64-Bit & AAX (DSP & Native) Support.
- New and innovative Solo Modes.
- Shelving Filters, Hi- & Low-Pass, Notch Filters, Peak Bands, 11 Bands in total.
- “Mouse Over” feature: adjust the parameters by holding the mouse over any knob and turning your mouse wheel.
- Direct access: type in any valid number into the text fields for direct access to the exact value.
- EQ graphic panel switch-able.
- Fully automatable.
The bx_hybrid V2 is available to purchase for $199 USD.
J1000 has released two new free VST plug-ins for Windows. Here’s the details:
Parametric mixing equalizer based on MQ57. Most of the functions are the same, except that MQ55 operates only in stereo mode, has more flexible pass filters and has gain ratio that acts like dry/wet control. This is my go-to EQ for music production.
Three-band stereo processor that separates audio into low, mid and high frequencies and lets you manipulate their stereo properties – width and panning or rotation. Crossover points are easily adjusted with single knob. It has simple meters for each range showing correlation or panning. High-pass filter cuts unwanted frequencies on side channel for more stable bass.
MaxSynths lets us know that DSP-2 is a high precision insert effect for vocal processing which includes an Intelligent Dynamic Processor, a saturator, a four band equalizer fixed on vocal key frequencies and a room emulator based on the Schroeder reverberator. They say that DSP-2 has been designed to be an easy to understand solution for all your vocal processing needs.
Intelligent Dynamic Processor (IDP)
Four different automatic operative modes:
- Fast attack, fast release
- Fast A, slow R
- Slow A, fast R
- Slow A, slow R
Selectable compression ratio
Saturator with three different operation modes
EQ fixed on vocal key frequencies
Room emulator based on Schroeder reverb model
Transparent increment of the perceived volume level
High precision input/output VU-meter
Low CPU usage
Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 5.0 is a complete rewrite of their low latency linear phase EQ plug-ins. Liny EQ is an 8 bands linear phase graphic equalizer with very low latency and comprehensive visual feedback: it processes audio signals without phase distortion, with an unusually short latency (less than 3 milliseconds). Version 5.0 has now a brand new, fully customizable user interface, and includes many new features and enhancements: premium visual feedback with EQ curves, spectrum and spectrogram displays, new EQ shapes, single and dual channels modes, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more.
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat’s Master Pack, a bundle including the company’s recommended plug-ins for mastering. A special introduction offer is available to new customers until June 15th: 25% off the plug-in and 15% off the bundle. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 3 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Other Blue Cat Audio customers can purchase the plug-in with 40% discount.
Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).
– Brand new, fully customizable user interface:
— New look and feel.
— Show/hide what you need.
— New EQ curve display.
— New instant spectrum curves display.
— New color or greyscale overlayed spectrogram view.
— New output peak levels meters.
— Multiple display sizes.
— Improved readability.
— Animated transitions.
– New “mix” parameter for instant dry/wet control or side chain dynamic equalization.
– New interpolation mode for up to four different EQ shapes.
– Now includes both single and dual channels versions and superseds the three plug-ins previously included in the Blue Cat’s Liny EQ Pack bundle.
– Spectrum and spectrogram displays can be frozen to capture spectral snapshots.
– New integrated presets manager:
— Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface.
— Organize presets with folders.
— Customize the default preset.
— Exchange presets easily.
– Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
– Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
– AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 5: 74 EUR or $96 (instead of 99 EUR or $129) , until June 15th. Upgrade from Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 4: 19 EUR or $25. Blue Cat’s Master Pack: 390 EUR or $509 (instead of 459 EUR or $599), until June 15th.