Mildon Studios has released the Redmix and Bluemix plug-ins.
“Get your mix done in no time with these powerful mixing plugins. Get your tracks to sit with Bluemix and then move them around with Redmix. It’s simple and easy. Start mixing like a pro!”
Here’s the details:
Ready to mix your next inspiring song? Bluemix can help you iron-out individual tracks from powerful kicks to high-flying guitars to make them sound just right.
Bluemix combines smart EQ, automatic compression, and high-frequency excitation to give you a clean signal that sits better in the mix. Use it in tandem with Redmix to create space and to add just the right amount of moisture to your mix.
- Smart EQ: Trim, Tighten, Tame
- Auto Compressor: Push
- Gain Reduction Meter
- Exciters: Enhance, Define
Redmix puts your tracks on a virtual stage, allowing you to pan from left to right and front to back! It lets you create a lot of space just by moving things around, something that’s hard to achieve with a conventional panner.
Redmix makes effective use of Haas’ principles combined with spectral shaping and room reverb to create space. Use it in tandem with Bluemix for a better mix.
- 2-Dimensional Panning (L-R + F-B)
- Automatic Haas Effect
- Room Control
Pricing and Availability:
Loopmasters has introduced the Realstrings Online Loops Sequencer, a web-based sequencer by Chris Savage, offering a new way to demo loops from Realstrings sample packs. The sequencer allows you to play with some of the loops before you decide to buy, so you get a better idea of whether your music would benefit from these packs than you might get from the usual audio demos.
We are always looking at new ways to showcase loops packs; here’s an innovative tool from string loops producer Pete Whitfield at realstrings.com – an online loops sequencer.
For loops packs that are construction kits, what better way to try before you buy? Sequence and layer the loops to see how they work in an interactive, musical context.
An iPad version is coming soon, plus some more functionality, based on user feedback.
More information: LoopBlog
The CT5 is a revision of their popular CT4 compressor. The sonic characteristics that made the CT4 such a versatile and easy-to-use compressor remain intact. ‘The core sound remains 99% the same; I’m tweaking one of the internal filters for the better and improving the dynamic range of the compression circuit,’ says Steven Massey.
The new model improves on a good thing by adding a more aggressive, higher ratio compression curve option, a wet-dry signal blending control, and sidechain input capability. Further, Steven explains, ‘The highest compression setting on the CT4 is equivalent to about 8 on the CT5, even without the limit option enabled. Thus, more compression is available to the user, which is, of course, better.’
Many of these new features were implemented due to customer requests. ‘We encourage feedback, not just from the beta testers, but from everyday users,’ says the newest guy at Massey Plugins, Kevin Weber. ‘I truly enjoy checking in on our web forum and seeing what folks have to say. Sure there are some unrealistic requests, but some spot on ones as well. We take those ideas to heart, even the crazy ones.
High-Resolution AAX EQ Plug-in For Pro Tools
Developed by the creator of the parametric EQ, George Massenburg,Avid says that the new Massenburg DesignWorks (MDW) Hi-Res Parametric EQ Plug-In for AAX continues to define the state-of-the-art in digital equalization. Here’s all the details in their own words…
Designed for Pro Tools|HD systems, version 5 offers new AAX DSP and AAX Native support, giving operators the flexibility to use the EQ across the entire Pro Tools product line, including Pro Tools|HDX systems. With its nearly unmeasurable low distortion, unprecedented clarity, unmatched smoothness, consistent EQ parameter representation, and superb high-frequency response (especially near Nyquist frequency at 44.1/48k), MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ is designed for optimal definition in the mixing environment.
MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ operates in double precision 64-bit floating point processing to take advantage of the maximum capability of the ProTools system. This new generation plug-in emulates the constant shape reciprocal filter curves of Massenburg’s legendary GML 8200 equalizer — the industry-standard reference. The plug-in offers a choice of three or five bands of equalization (both versions support the ultra-wide 10 Hz to 41 kHz frequency range) to target certain frequencies, or conserve DSP resources when only three bands of EQ are needed.
MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ offers a number of features to help achieve better mixes. It allows viewing the frequency grid in 6, 12, or 24 dB resolution for more accurate representation of the equalizer settings. It also offers various filter types and a wide selection of Q and frequency values.
IsoPeak lets the operator quickly isolate and sweep through the frequency spectrum to find a targeted frequency quickly, a benefit of parametric equalization. One can also toggle between two EQ band settings using A/B snapshots, copy one setting to the other, and invert the phase of a track. And when used with Avid control surfaces, the EQ organizes the bands into ergonomic groups on the channel strips.
MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 5.0 assures true high-resolution operation. The plug-in delivers double-precision 64-bit processing for vanishingly low distortion for optimal clarity and transparency (think natural-sounding). It also provides high-resolution 96 kHz sample-rate processing for audio recorded at 48 kHz or 96 kHz, and 192 kHz sample-rate processing for 92 kHz audio, allowing for maximum resolution, increased headroom, and fewer artifacts, including lower noise typical of generic equalizers. And with variable Qs (adjustable bandwidths) from 25.6 (1/18 of an octave) to 0.1 (6-2/3 octaves), MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 5 delivers unmatched precision and maintains predictable filter curves.
Excellent DSP Efficiency
MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 5 allows the operator to select five bands of EQ for enhanced efficiency on Pro Tools|HDX systems or three-band mode for even greater instance counts. On Pro Tools|HDX, the five-band version delivers seven, eight and three instances for 48 kHz, 96 kHz and 192 kHz, respectively, while the three-band version delivers instance counts of ten, eleven and five for sessions of 48 kHx, 96 kHz and 192 kHz, respectively.
- Wide frequency selection, from 10 Hz to 41 kHz, with variable Q and choice of three- or five-band EQ
- Double-precision 64-bit processing for unprecedented clarity
- Emulates GML 8200 constant shape reciprocal filter curves – the industry-standard reference
- IsoPeak(r) functionality quickly solos a target frequency quickly and precisely
- A/B snapshots allow settings comparisons
- Supports both AAX and AAX Native plug-in formats
AAX and AAX DSP versions require Pro Tools version 10.2 or later. AAX DSP plug-in requires Pro Tools|HDX.
Pricing and Availability:
See Avid website.
http://www.joetunon.com/music – Showing off the new WaveMachine Labs Auria app and its abilities to master a mix on the iPad using the Fabfilter Pro-Q plugin
Sound Magic has released Neo Harmonic, an equalizer/exciter hybrid effect plug-in for Windows featuring a custom shaped filter response curve.
There’s an EQ theory called “Yin and Yang” which says that adjusting one band will automatically influence the others. Neo Harmonic takes this theory to a new level by not only boosting/cutting the selected frequency, but also exciting the harmonic partials of that frequency, extending changes throughout the whole audible frequency band. The result is a unique sound which traditional parametric EQs would be hard pressed to achieve.
Neo Harmonic will give you a fuller sound, with more detail and clarity than is possible with a traditional parametric EQ.
Neo Harmonic features
- Innovative Harmonic Excite Technology.
- Innovative Custom Curve Shape enables users the define their own harmonic curve to achieve unique sound.
- Super Wide Bandwith adjusting range gives users more controls on final sound.
- Sample and hold fuction enables users to analyze an audio signal first, then hold its harmonic information and apply to another audio track.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Harmonic for Windows (VST/Supreme Piano 2 add-on) is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
Sound Magic has announced Neo MasteringQ, an effect plug-in for Windows.
Based on Sound Magic’s Neo EQ technology, Neo MasteringQ is a revolutionary concept in equalizer technology.
Totally different from traditional EQ, Neo MasteringQ is able to automatically detect and lock in the most audible/sensitive frequency. This makes the whole EQ process much easier than traditional EQ methods – much more efficient and effective than traditional parametric EQ. In addition, Neo MasteringQ also has many special “weapons” designed for mastering EQ processing.
Mastering Engineers often think it would be perfect if an EQ curve could change as the RMS or peak level changes. With a lot of time and a super precise frequency control, this could be done within the traditional realm. However, with Neo MasteringQ, this process is a whole lot easier. Neo MasteringQ provides a 16 Stage, 32 User Preset Changing Curve for each slider. You can achieve a different boost or cut amount as your dynamics change, giving you meticulous timbre control which will add great depth to your music.
Neo MasteringQ features
- Innovative pitch detection algorithm special for mastering and multi-instrument mixing, can lock up the right frequency even when there was a lot instruments mixes together.
- 4 pitch detecters focus on bass, basic frequency and harmonic.
- Innovative Auto Distortion Correction Peaking Filter Technology brings lowest distortion rate ever.
- Artificial Intelligence Assisted Bandwidth control based on the behavior modeling on over 70 mastering engineers, included frequency furthering.
- Sample and hold function enables users to analyze an audio signal first, then hold its harmonic information and apply to another audio track.
- Different plug-in version to fit for usage on M/S, Sidechain, Mono.
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo MasteringQ for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 69 EUR. A bundle with Neo EQ is 99 EUR.
Download the project here – http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?p=646813#p646813
G-Sonique has released the new GSXL4070 parametric equalizer , inspired by and based on “famous British mix console equalizers.” Keep it clean with the new GSXL4070 parametric EQ from G-Sonique. A VST plugin that is PC-only for now and available for 28 Euro ($36.85 at today’s exchange rates), the GSXL4070 offers modern, solid state analog electronics sound without any unwanted/oversaturated coloring of signal (such as with vacuum tube or vintage EQs).
A VST plugin that is PC-only for now and available for 28 Euro ($36.85 at today’s exchange rates), the GSXL4070 offers modern, solid state analog electronics sound without any unwanted/oversaturated coloring of signal (such as with vacuum tube or vintage EQs). The result is a very intensive, rich and significant sound, according to G-Sonique. df
Ideal for mixing and mastering purpose, GSXL4070 is a fully parametric stereo equalizer with four bands (LF, LMF, HMF, HF) and HP (BASS CUT), Q control, and +-12db attenuation/boosting of every band.
For best possible clarity of sound and minimum artifacts, 2X internal oversampling algorithms were used.
- British mix-console EQ “solid state electronics” style of sound without unwanted over-colored or over saturated sound. With 2X internal oversampling for double precision dsp algorithms calculations and minimum of unwanted artifacts.
- 4 fully parametric EQ bands:
LF – Low frequency, (20-500Hz)
LMF – Low mid frequency, (200 Hz – 3 kHz)
HMF – high mid frequency, (700 Hz – 12 kHz)
HF – high frequency ( 1.5 kHz – 20 kHz)
HP (High pass – Bass cut) filter 15 – 400 Hz bass cut with on/off switch with Q-control (bandwidth), attenuation/boost ( + / - 12db per band),
- Output Volume knob
- Bypass switch
- Preset manager
DUY tells us that their new Deep Analog EQ is a very special equalizer which can be used like any other standard EQ, though with DUY’s Analog-modelled Active Circuit Synthesis technology.
- Pure analogue sound with full digital control.
- Great depth control allows a virtually unlimited definition of analog warmth nuances.
- Fully interactive graphic control blends traditional knob adjust and graphic EQ.
- Proprietary & exclusive Modelled Active Circuit Synthesis (MACS) integrated to resemble full analog operation in the digital domain.
- 9 bell modes on each band, with an unheard-of sound colour variety.
- Noiseless hyperrealistic traditional filter nets, based on classic EQ circuitry.
- 10 bands of total frequency control.
- Comes with some 100 presets for easy-access operation
- Supports RTAS, Audio Units (AU), VST and MAS for Mac. AAX for Mac available December 14. Windows not supported.
- Mac with Intel processor required.
- Mac OSX 10.5 or higher required.
- Same system requirements as your host software (ProTools, Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer…)
Pricing and Availability:
Overtone DSP tells us that the VTE-2A Vintage EQ, available now for Windows XP / 7 is based on innovative DSP technology originally developed by linuxDSP for the CH-EQ2B.
Modelled on some of the classic analogue EQ designs, it features fully adjustable low and high frequency shelving filters and a swept mid-range parametric with a de-cramped response. Overtone DSP say that this provides a more analogue characteristic than conventional digital filters, without the need for CPU intensive upsampling.
- De-cramped Mid Filter: More natural analogue filter response without requiring CPU intensive upsampling.
- Interpolated Controls: Two stage interpolation provides responsive, smoothly adjustable controls without clicks or ‘zipper’ noise.
- Adjustable Shelving Filters: LF and HF shelf filters with fully adjustable frequency and gain.
- Realtime parameter display: Accurate display of control parameters as they are adjusted.
Pricing and Availability:
DMG Audio has released EQuick, an equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
EQuick is a streamlined, ultramodern EQ built to help you make your mixes magnificent. Fast, intuitive and unbelievably flexible, we’ve packed it with digital functionality. We built its beautiful, clear graph with accessibility and efficiency in mind, and it’ll refine your workflow forever; but don’t take our word for it – test the claim and download the demo! We wanted to play with the idea of the interface; we wondered whether EQ could be made more intuitive, more direct, and how one would go about making an EQ that made the process even faster. EQuality speeds up your workflow because it sounds great, and you don’t waste any time compensating for defects in what it does. For EQuick we wanted to delve deeper into the design of the interface. Perfection is when there’s nothing more to take away, so we started by stripping down the interface to its most essential element – the graph. EQuick has nothing else. We had to work in all the controls (like Range and Shift) that made EQuality so special and we found that we could do that with the graph. Also, we took account of the fact that different people have different size screens – so you can pick your size for EQuick. But we couldn’t do that at the expense of control, so we built the tooltip system that provides you will all the data you need, when you need it.
- Unbelievably low CPU usage for high instance counts.
- Generates super-high-quality prototypes. Clear undistorted top.
- Linear phase mode for mastering and special channels.
- 32 bands of EQ, Q 0.1->50, +/-36dB range.
- Each band can be Peak, HPF, LPF, High Shelf, Low Shelf or Notch.
- Each bank can process Mid, Side or the full stereo image.
- Fully parametric filters (high and low-pass), 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48db/oct.
- Five different UI sizes.
- M/S processing per-band with listen.
- Windows VST and VST3 as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Mac VST, VST3 and AU as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit.
- Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50.
- Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve.
- Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48 db/octave, sweepable resonance.
- Adjustable gain-q interaction for ‘musical’ usage.
- Beautiful, clutter-free modern interface.
- Big, clear, antialiased graph.
- Hi-res Spectrum analyser.
- Range, to scale the EQ response, both +ve and -ve.
- Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response.
- Large, configurable spectrum-analyser with readout.
- Control linking to move sets of bands together.
- Configurable VU, with variable ballistics.
- 8 banks of A/B.
- Full preset management system.
- Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies.
EQuick is available to purchase for £74.99 GBP. A bundle with EQuality and EQuick is £124.99 GBP, and the EQuality, EQuick and Compassion Bundle is £224.98 GBP. Previous EQuality customers get EQuick at no cost.