rs-met has released updated versions of EasyQ and EngineersFilter, two free effect plug-ins for Windows.
after some beta testing and bugfixing (thx to all who participated), it’s now done. updated versions for EasyQ and EngineersFilter have been released. for EasyQ, it’s only a maintenence update with a little bugfix related to colorscheme handling.
EngineersFilter now includes two new approximation methods: Bessel and Papoulis. The Bessel design approximates a linear phase response in its passband and the Papoulis design achieves the maximum negative slope at the cutoff frequency when a monotonically decreasing magnitude response is assumed.
EasyQ and EngineersFilter are available as freeware VST plugins for Windows.
More information: rs-met
I would like to introduce Sir Elliot’s Eighteen Band Graphic Equaliser.
The 18-Band Graphic Equaliser performs best on midrange, which appears to be a dieing art in a lot of commercial music these days.”
Eighteen Band Graphic Equaliser features
- 18 selectable frequency bands ranging from 20 cycles to 19,000 cycles.
- Level Control.
- A.C. Switch.
- LED Power Indicator.
- Adjustable Frequency Range: 20 – 19,000 kHz.
- Frequency Bandwidth: 5 – 24,000 kHz +/- 2.4 dB.
- Note: Frequency Bandwidth is based on 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 and, 384 kHz sample rates.
- Optimised for high sample rates ranging from 88.1 kHz – 384 kHz, however will perform fine on lower sample rates such as 48 – 44.1 kHz.
- Fixed Delay.
- Power Consumption: 44.1 kHz: 5.9 % / 88.2 kHz: 12.3 % / 96 kHz: 15.0 % (based on a Pentium 4 single-core 2.8 GHZ computer using Windows XP (Non Service Pack) operating system).
The classic EQ, now as a VST and an AU… This equalizer comes packed with features, and more importantly, it sounds AWESOME. High cut and Low cut filters, High and Low Shelf filters, up to 6 bands of Bell filters (all with completely sweep-able filter points and adjustable Q sizes). 2 world class EQ algorithms to choose from (good luck!). 30 band spectrum analyzer ‘on board’, along with an intuitive ‘dual surface’ graphical interface…
Equalizer V-1 features
- 2 algorithms (Clean & Vintage) for unmatched versatility. Get the EQ sound you want.
- True stereo 64 bit internal precision.
- 30 Band frequency analyzer ‘built in’.
- Standard and Graphic editing modes.
- Real-time previews (dependent of the hosting application).
- Fast and reliable.
- High Cut and Low Cut filters with resonant filter controls.
- Low shelf and High shelf filters.
- Completely sweep-able filter points with adjustable Q (bandwidth) controls.
- Complete with led style meter.
- Ultra-Precise fader control while holding down the Shift button.
- Supports sample rates over 192kHz.
- Compatible with all applications which support VST or AU plug-ins.
Price: USD 99.00
Visit: Sonic Timeworks
Weldroid has released a beta of Synesthesia, an effect plug-in for Windows.
Synesthesia is a combined waveshaper / EQ / dynamics processor that is designed to be very light on the CPU, but sounds hi-fi enough to be put on the master buss without hesitation. A special combination of frequency-dependent harmonics generation and oversampling reduces aliasing way below audible levels, allowing smooth coloration of input material free of unwanted artifacts.
Synesthesia features highly flexible – per harmonic definition of distortion / waveshaping characteristics, opening up possibilities to emulate static distortion of many nonlinear devices. It is also possible to use it as a dynamics processor by setting up the dynamic waveshaper curve with respective attack and release time constants.
- VST 2.4 effect plugin for Windows (32-bit).
- 2 channels in / 2 channels out.
- All parameters subject to automation except for the distortion characteristics graphs.
- Demo is fully functional but injects some white noise every 40 seconds.
Synesthesia for Windows (VST) is available to purchase at the introductory price of 30 EUR. All “beta” licenses are full licenses (available for reduced price until the product reaches revision A).
Izotope will be releasing a vocal plug-in this month called Nectar. The software will have Pitch Correction, Breath Control, Compressors, a DeEsser, Doubler, Saturation, EQ, Gate, Limiter, Delay and a Reverb. It will be $199 at launch then jump to $299 shortly after. As with other Izotope plug-ins there will be an extensive preset browser too.
“Nectar offers dozens of professionally designed vocal production styles powered by eleven processing modules. Users will select an included style and then customize it with faders tailored to that style. For further customization of their vocal sound, users can switch to the Advanced View and access all of the controls of the underlying modules that power the plug-in… iZotope Nectar is ideal for audio engineers, voice over artists, singer/songwriters, recording enthusiasts, podcasters, and anyone else who records sung or spoken vocals. Its dozens of styles cover genres including: Alternative & Indie, Blues/R&B, Classical, Country, Dance & Electronica, Hip Hop & Rap, Jazz, Pop, Rock, and Spoken Word.” – izotope.com
For more info: izotope.com/products/audio/nectar/
Sonoma Wire Works has released Taylor EQ, a free app for iOS.
Sonoma Wire Works has teamed up with Taylor Guitars to create the free Taylor EQ app: an input EQ for enhancing the sound of a Taylor guitar when played through GuitarJack on an iOS device. Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor’s signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the new GS Mini.
Each EQ preset was custom designed by Taylor Guitars’ engineers to optimize the tone of each body shape for use with the GuitarJack. Customize your own presets and play along with songs from your iTunes library, making the Taylor EQ the perfect practice tool for any guitar owner. Taylor EQ is the first free app to include the GuitarJack control panel, which allows users to configure the GuitarJack settings.
Taylor EQ features
- Six Taylor Guitar EQ Presets: Select from a range of EQ presets that complement Taylor’s signature guitar body shapes, including the Grand Auditorium, Grand Symphony, Grand Concert, Dreadnought, T5, or the GS Mini.
- Advanced Mode: Use the 6 band Parametric EQ with frequency, gain and pinch-for-Q gesture control to create a custom tone for your Taylor Guitar or any guitar. Then save the settings for later use. Toggle between basic and advanced to hear the difference.
- iPod Playthrough: Play along with your iPod songs on your iPhone or iPod touch while in the Taylor EQ app.
- Compressor/Limiter: A factory configured compressor-limiter sweetens the sound and keeps the output from clipping, or turn it off to hear the unprocessed output.
- Monitor Level: Balance the level when playing along with iPod songs. Turn it up to push the compressor harder.
- GuitarJack Control Panel: GuitarJack connects instruments, stereo line inputs and mics to the iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch (2nd and 3rd gen.) via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs. GuitarJack features a 1/4 inch instrument with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, a 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input that includes pad, normal and boost modes, and a 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones. Each input has 60dB of continuous gain/level control. Configure GuitarJack’s levels in Taylor EQ for the best possible sound, and what you’ll hear through the improved headphone jack sounds better than through the iOS device headphone jack. Levels set using Taylor EQ’s GuitarJack Control Panel settings can remain set when you switch to compatible audio apps, even if they do not include the GuitarJack Control Panel.
The Taylor EQ app for iOS is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
Thisclip is a small review clip from a full length Training DVD available at www.proaudiodvds.com Over 5 hours of awesome tips and tricks from renowned host David Wills (Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Mary J. Blige, Earth, Wind & Fire, Chicago, etc) Imagine how cool it would be to totally master Reason in just a few hours. Join our hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers and see why we are the leader in Pro Audio Training at www.ProAudioDVDs.com
G-Sonique has introduced the Analog Bundle, a collection of its “analog” effects plug-ins for Windows.
G-Sonique Analog Bundle includes
- XBass4000L – Analog Bass saturation / Enhance processor: Designed to facilitate the maximization the bass frequencies, enriches your kick-drum & bass to give them the energy you need to drive your track.
- Pultronic EQ-110P – Vintage vacuum tube equalizer: Equalizer emulating classic professional parametric vacuum tube equalizer from ’50s and ’60s. It can add real and hearable warm, color and dynamics of the vacuum tube devices into your music.
- FSQ1964 – Vacuum tube high frequency / transient vitaliser: With this plug-in your records gain professional, expressive and crystal clear sound. It is capable of giving them a true sound, sharpness and boldness, everything the modern records should have.
- Twisthead VS-206 – Vintage vacuum tube preamp: This machine behaves like a real analog hardware, it behaves in non-linear way and unexpectedly. Combining the quality and possibilities of digital sound with a heat, grandiosity and charisma of vintage analog vacuum tube machines.
The Analog Bundle offers a 25% savings on the regular price when purchasing the plug-ins separately. It is currently available to purchase for 58 EUR (additional 10% discount in G-Sonique’s Summer Sale 2010).
More information: G-Sonique
Terry West has released Twelve, a free graphic equalizer effect plug-in for Windows.
Modeled after some famous hardware units.
Note this is a beta version, expect some bugs (or hopefully not). Todo: Auto-bypass per band, Autogain, Automation.
- Output gain.
- 12 graphic bands.
- 3 Q settings.
- 14 presets.
Twelve is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
If it is the ultimate as they claim remains to be seen, but it sure looks promising
Focusrite is pleased to introduce Scarlett, a professional software suite that provides the definitive collection of compression, gating, EQ, and reverb plug-ins for tracking and mixing.
From one of the most prestigious names in pro audio, made famous by the original Red range and the classic ISA console modules, Scarlett provides a beautiful upgrade for any Digital Audio Workstation. Not only does it sound great, the Scarlett user interface features a stunning Red anodized aluminum look featuring intricately modeled, life-like VU meters, setting the standard for drop-dead gorgeous plug-ins.
Each powerful Focusrite plug-in has a host of fast and easy-to-use presets, providing a great starting point for processing everything from vocals and guitars to synth bass and percussion. In addition, every plug-in parameter can be finely tuned to achieve the desired sound. So for preset users and perfectionists alike, Scarlett is destined to become the new ‘go-to’ plug-in.
Scarlett works under VST, AU and RTAS (Pro Tools) hosts, and runs on Macs and PCs, making it the perfect bundle for any music software user.
- Unmatched Sonic Quality
From the team behind the Forté Suite and the famous Focusrite hardware line. Focusrite has provided that final polish and shine to thousands of hit records over the last two decades.
- Faithful Recreation Of Classic Compressors & Gates
Modeled on original ear-tuned hardware optical compressors, exclusive to Focusrite, Scarlett’s dynamics modules deliver that authentic 1960s Opto sound.
- Multi-modes Enable Creative Gating Techniques
The Gate can operate in stereo mode and, in different dual mono configurations, one signal can be used to trigger the gate of another. Ideal for tightening up a bass line, for example.
- Classic Focusrite EQ Curves & Controls
Scarlett uses the same Focusrite six-band EQ approach as the Red 2 and ISA EQs, with filters, parametric mids and shelving, all modeled to offer an authentic response across the entire audible frequency spectrum.
- Professional Reverb With Concise Controls
Based on classic algorithmic studio reverb designs, this reverb delivers a remarkable level of sonic quality for your recording projects. Easy to use controls get you to the ideal reverb sound in seconds.
- Stunning GUI With Life-like Port-hole VU Meters
Scarlett features a red anodized aluminum look, extremely detailed metering and other visual elements from Focusrite’s illustrious recording history, making Scarlett look as good as it sounds.