If it is the ultimate as they claim remains to be seen, but it sure looks promising
Focusrite is pleased to introduce Scarlett, a professional software suite that provides the definitive collection of compression, gating, EQ, and reverb plug-ins for tracking and mixing.
From one of the most prestigious names in pro audio, made famous by the original Red range and the classic ISA console modules, Scarlett provides a beautiful upgrade for any Digital Audio Workstation. Not only does it sound great, the Scarlett user interface features a stunning Red anodized aluminum look featuring intricately modeled, life-like VU meters, setting the standard for drop-dead gorgeous plug-ins.
Each powerful Focusrite plug-in has a host of fast and easy-to-use presets, providing a great starting point for processing everything from vocals and guitars to synth bass and percussion. In addition, every plug-in parameter can be finely tuned to achieve the desired sound. So for preset users and perfectionists alike, Scarlett is destined to become the new ‘go-to’ plug-in.
Scarlett works under VST, AU and RTAS (Pro Tools) hosts, and runs on Macs and PCs, making it the perfect bundle for any music software user.
- Unmatched Sonic Quality
From the team behind the Forté Suite and the famous Focusrite hardware line. Focusrite has provided that final polish and shine to thousands of hit records over the last two decades.
- Faithful Recreation Of Classic Compressors & Gates
Modeled on original ear-tuned hardware optical compressors, exclusive to Focusrite, Scarlett’s dynamics modules deliver that authentic 1960s Opto sound.
- Multi-modes Enable Creative Gating Techniques
The Gate can operate in stereo mode and, in different dual mono configurations, one signal can be used to trigger the gate of another. Ideal for tightening up a bass line, for example.
- Classic Focusrite EQ Curves & Controls
Scarlett uses the same Focusrite six-band EQ approach as the Red 2 and ISA EQs, with filters, parametric mids and shelving, all modeled to offer an authentic response across the entire audible frequency spectrum.
- Professional Reverb With Concise Controls
Based on classic algorithmic studio reverb designs, this reverb delivers a remarkable level of sonic quality for your recording projects. Easy to use controls get you to the ideal reverb sound in seconds.
- Stunning GUI With Life-like Port-hole VU Meters
Scarlett features a red anodized aluminum look, extremely detailed metering and other visual elements from Focusrite’s illustrious recording history, making Scarlett look as good as it sounds.
More info here >>
Ronald Passion has created freeware effect plug-ins for Windows PC. The plug-ins are done in SynthMaker and include some custom code. Make sure to check them all out
Silver & White Magnum
Silver & White Magnum are two analog valve custom parametric equalizer effects.
- Silver: G/F/V/B selects Guitar, Full, Vox and Bass parametric frequency scheme.
- White: HP -> 20, 30, 40, 60 & 80 Hz. LP -> 20, 12, 10 & 8 KHz.
- Q: 0 db/-3 db.
- Lowpass and Highpass filtering.
- Re Energize button (boost).
- Tube style Compressor.
- Noise floor is -100 db.
Bad Vox is a simple tube equalizer effect for vocals.
- Frequency bands based on Manley Hardware Vox Box (only the EQ): 150Hz, 1.5kHz, 6.4kHz.
- Q: -3 db.
- Lowpass, Highpass and Notch filtering.
Master EQ is a tube equalizer for mastering (update to Massive Passive EQ).
- Frequency bands based on Manley Hardware Equalizer (Massive Passive Stereo EQ): 150Hz, 560Hz, 1.5kHz, 3.9kHz.
- Q: -3 db/-6 db.
- Noise floor: -85 db.
- Red LED meter for monitoring peaks.
- Lowpass & Highpass filtering.
Massive Passive EQ
Massive Passive EQ is a freeware mastering equalizer effect for Windows.
Massive Passive EQ features
- Signal flow: IN + LP & HP + R1 (peaking & shelving) + R2 + R3 + R4 + OUT.
- Q is -3 db point and -6 db point.
- All frequencies based on Manley Hardware Equalizer (Massive Passive Stereo EQ).
- Red Led Meter (in & out).
Massive Passive EQ v1.0
Blue Channel is a digital tube channel VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Blue Channel v1.0 features
- Compressor: Highpass + Lowpass filter, In/Out, Drive, Threshold, Attack & Release, Ratio, On/Off switch.
- Equalizer: Low shelf, Mid Bass, Mid High, High shelf, Master output, On/Off switch.
- Valve Tube Style control.
- 10 presets.
Digital Parametric Equalizer
Digital Parametric Equalizer is a digital equalizer effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Digital Parametric Equalizer v1.0 features
- Highpass & Lowpass filter + 6 bands (-/+ 24 range for each).
- 4 settings for the bands:
- Standard: 100Hz, 360Hz, 720Hz, 1.5KHz, 5KHz, 10KHz.
- Bass: 60Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 500Hz, 800Hz, 1.5KHz.
- Vox: 240Hz, 380Hz, 800Hz, 1.2KHz, 2.5KHz, 5KHz.
- Guitar: 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz.
- Main output and on/off controls.
Update 05-mar-2009: New version has additional frequency settings (same download link below).
Digital Parametric Equalizer v1.0
Equalizer Passion is a virtual analog equalizer effect.
Equalizer Passion v1.0 features
- Freq, Gain and Q for Bass, Mid Bass, Mid High and High frequency ranges.
- In- and output volume controls.
- Press Knob (“0” for natural “1” for pressing signal).
- On/Off switch.
Crunch Passion is a dual guitar preamp (Clean & Crunch).
Crunch Passion v1.1 features
- Clean section: clean tube style model.
- Drive section: crunch drive (not modeled after a specific model but it sound like a Laney). Drive section input depends on clean section.
- Shape: controls the tone, from dull to sharp.
- Bass–Mid–Hi: 10dB range per band (i.e. Bass -5dB to 0 to 5dB).
- Volume: control volume of signal.
Slap Passion is a tube bass preamp.
Slap Passion v1.1 features
- Input section: clean tube style bass model.
- Bass–Mid–Hi: 12dB range per band. (i.e. Bass -6dB to 0 to 6dB).
- Freq: Mid Freq selection — 175Hz – 350Hz – 525Hz – 700Hz – 875Hz – 1050Hz.
- Volume: control volume of signal.
Blue Cat Audio has announced a massive update of all its commercial EQ plugins. The new versions are now available for Mac in VST and Audio Unit formats, and also bring multiple improvements to the existing Windows plug-ins. The Liny EQ series have been completely redesigned for this new release.
The Blue Cat Audio EQ plug-ins include the Liny EQ series (linear phase graphic equalizers), Parametr’EQ series (digital and analog parametric EQs) and the Triple EQ plug-ins (semi-parametric visual EQs). They all come in three flavors, offering a wide variety of capabilities. In particular, the Widening versions propose mid/side processing for frequency selective stereo narrowing or widening.
New for all plugins :
- Mac Audio Unit support.
- Mac VST Support.
- New Windows installer (you should uninstall any previous version before installing this new one).
- New documentation.
New for the Liny EQ series :
- New user interface design.
- The plug-in now offers two types of EQ curves.
- EQ range is now customizable.
- Undo/Redo support.
- Preset import/export in a host independent format.
- Window opacity control for plugin transparency.
More info here >>
« Previous Page