Not sure if I am posting this becuase of the cool video, the fact that it is the KORG Kaossilator Pro, the girl or the music, listen an enjoy
This video is an all-around introduction to playing and recording with the KAOSSILATOR PRO.
Loop Recording with unlimited overdubbing
Loop Recording can be set for up to four measures /16 beats. Your KAOSSILATOR PRO musical performances can be recorded into one of the Loop Recorder Banks. By adding (overdubbing) additional sounds one at a time, you can create amazing loop phrases by repeating the cycle of selecting a sound, playing a phrase, and recording the sound over and over again.
Four Loop Recording Banks allow DJ-style performances
The KAOSSILATOR PRO provides four Loop Recording Banks. These banks can be combined for virtually infinite performance possibilities. Each of the four loop banks can host infinite overdubs. In addition, each bank can be muted or un-muted, its volume adjusted, and its loop length changed, making dynamic live performances easy for anyone. An unneeded loop can be erased during playback, and a new one recorded, so there’s no need to stop the performance.
Loop Recording using an external source
The KAOSSILATOR PRO provides line inputs and a mic input, allowing loop recording using an external audio source. This makes it easy to add a rap, vocal, or audio from an external device to any loop phrase created on the KAOSSILATOR PRO.
Korg announced the KAOSSILATOR PRO at the NAMM. It is a supercharged version of the palm-sized KAOSSILATOR, reborn as a powerful track-making tool and loaded with live performance power. Richard Formidoni of Korg USA demonstrates the new Kaossilator Pro Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer/Loop Recorder at the past Winter NAMM show in Anaheim, CA.
- KAOSS X-Y touchpad offers intuitive, realtime control
- 200 sounds covering modern synth sounds such as lead and bass, and diverse acoustic sounds from piano to trumpet and beyond
- PCM samples provide dramatic drum kits and ready to rock percussion patterns
- Vocoder programs deliver scintillating vocal effects
- Access up to eight of your favorite sounds instantly using the assignable Program Memory buttons
- Loop Recording can layer both internal Program sounds and external audio overdubs
- Four Loop Record Banks each allow up to four measures of loop recording, with easy muting that allows expressive realtime layering and DJ-Style re-mixing – ideal for live performance.
- Gate Arpeggiator repeatedly triggers sounds in sync with the tempo. The slider controls either the gate time or gate speed.
- Choose a key and select one of 31 musical scales to easily create musical phrases. Limit the X-Y pad’s note range for even more control
- Loop data, user settings and Program Memories can be stored on SD card
- Dedicated software lets you manage loop data, MIDI assignments, and user settings from your computer
- Performs double-duty as a MIDI controller for external equipment or software applications
Samples on the KP3 pad from the Synthesizers.com Q960 analog sequencer. Showing using Cubase as the MIDI timing and real-time looping into the KP3.
The Album K an album created only with a Korg Kaossilator and Ableton Live working as a multitrack recording device. I've only used Live to record and as a maximum changed volume on two places in a song. 1:44 K1.mp3 1:52 K2.mp3 3:44 K3.mp3 For more songs go here >> Cheers