Designed for guitarists, bassists, pianists or any musician looking for easy rhythm accompaniment, the KR mini features nostalgic looks and a simple design focused on easy, push-button control. The KR mini is also lightweight, can run on batteries and has a built-in speaker, allowing it to provide a backing rhythm pattern anywhere at any time. With a total of 60 diverse rhythm patterns across the genres, the compact KR Mini is ready to accompany any performance.
- Easy-to-use design; just select a rhythm pattern and press the play button
- Chain function lets you arrange your favorite rhythm patterns and fill-ins to create complete songs
- Optional foot switches gives you hands-free control over fill-in/start/stop
- Tap the 16 pads for finger drumming or recording your own rhythms
- Built-in speaker with 2W output for jamming anywhere without the need for an additional monitor
- Headphone/speaker jack for quiet practice or connection to a mixer or monitoring system
- Two-way power; use the optional AC adaptor or batteries (AA alkaline batteries x 3)
For more information on the KR Mini Rhythm Machine, head over to http://www.Korg.com/KRmini.
The KR55 was, for its time (1979), an advanced preset rhythm drum machine with up to 96 preset rhythm patterns! These patterns cover the whole gamut of presets (Waltz, Samba, Rhumba, Bossa Nova, Tango, Slow Rock, Swing, Rock, etc.). The KR55 also featured a “swing beat” control to add a variation to the groove. Each drum sound’s level can be individually adjusted for each pattern. It can also be externally controlled via footswitch jack for the Start/Stop and Intro/Fill switches.
The Korg Rhythm 55 (KR-55) is a non programmable analog rhythm box from 1979. The KR-55 and its little brother KR-33 were the successors of the Korg Minipops series. Same knobs as on the MS/PS-series. The sound of the hi hats is more complex – similar to those on the Roland TR-808/606.
The KR-55 has some special features: a TRIG OUT jack including several triggering modes, SHUFFLE function and volume faders for the most drum sounds.
The rhythms are not mixable like on earlier Korg rhythm boxes (Minipops series). TEMPO and VOLUME controls. It was used by Jean-Michel Jarre (Magnetic Fields) and Depeche Mode (Speak and Spell) among others. It has a very characteristic sound – it sounds fantastic!