Sound examples of Sequences and Arps from Z3TA+ 2′s new sound library.
The legendary waveshaping sound of Z3TA+ (zay’-ta) is back – and better than ever. New filters, modulatable waveshapers, flexible effects, expressive control and a gorgeous new interface make Z3TA+ 2 one seriously powerful synth. It’s not often that a soft synth can be called a classic, but in the case of Z3TA+ it’s definitely appropriate. Used on countless tracks over the past decade, Z3TA+’s distinctive sound has been a staple of electronic artists the world over.
Z3TA+ 2 has a completely redesigned user interface that inspires performance and makes sound design clear and comfortable while preserving that signature sound that has made it a favorite of top producers and musicians around the world.
Cakewalk has announced Music Creator 6, the newest version of its ‘Sonar lite’ music making app.
Music Creator 6 Features:
- Based on Cakewalk’s SONAR X1 professional studio software
- Record up to 160 tracks of audio & MIDI (32 audio and 128 MIDI)
- 24-bit audio quality
- Drag & drop instrument sounds, loops, more (over 4 GBs of content)
- Song Construction Kits for fast and easy creation of backing tracks
- Hundreds of instruments and over 1,000 professionally recorded music loops (beats, bass, guitars, keyboards, horns, strings, and more)
- 3 virtual instruments: Cakewalk Sound Center for easy access of hundreds of instrument sounds, TTS-1 General MIDI sound module featuring Roland sounds, and Studio Instruments Drums
- Pro effects include EQ, Reverb, Delay and epic guitar amp tones from IK Multimedia AmpliTube 3 CS guitar amp simulator
- Remix tracks and jam with the Matrix View
- Create playlists and burn songs or an entire album to audio CD
- Upload songs directly to SoundCloud and share using Twitter, Facebook, and other popular social media sites
- Print musical notation scores and lead sheets
- Integrated video help created by Groove3
Cakewalk Music Creator 6 has an estimated street price of $39.99 U.S.
Cakewalk has shared some of the details of their upcoming Z3TA+ 2 soft synth:
Cakewalk, the world’s leading developer of powerful and easy to use products for music creation and recording, today announces Z3TA+ 2 the Second Generation Waveshaping synthesizer featuring improved sound design, real-time expression, and sound quality.
Z3TA+ is highly revered as a classic synthesizer with unique character and tonality. Its unmistakable signature sound has been used in countless electronic, trance, and dance productions around the globe for nearly a decade. The key to Z3TA+’s success has been its formidable sound synthesis generation engine, featuring unique per-oscillator waveshaping capability, vast filters, multi-stage envelope generators, morphing and advanced modulation matrix with powerful effects routing.
Z3TA+ 2 builds upon the solid foundation of this classic waveshaping synthesizer with improved controls via a complete user interface overhaul for extensive, hands-on control of parameters including envelopes, effects routing, waveshaping, and performance functions. Real-time performance and expression controls are centralized into the Performance Module featuring the new Adaptive Pitch Bend. All this provides new inspiration for sound design, real-time expression, and is all bounded by impeccable sound quality.
Z3TA+ 2 loads all original Z3TA+ patches and sports a new browser providing easy access and organization of patches. Z3TA+ 2 also includes hundreds of new presets from renowned sound designers Nico Herz of Big Tone Studios (who crafted many of the original Z3TA+ patches), Francesco Silvestri/FI Sound, Frank Genus/Pro Sounds, and Chad Beckwith/ FI Sound / Patch Arena.
Z3TA+ 2 highlights
· Waveshaper is now an integral part of the Oscillator section with 4 new Waveshaping modes. All Waveshapers are now accessible via the modulation matrix opening up an enormous amount of new sound shaping possibilities
· 4 new Filter modes bringing the total to 14 filter modes with separation control for tweaking resonance peaks on stacked filters. Both filters are readily accessible and visible simultaneously.
· New Graphically controlled Envelopes providing visual representation of all envelopes, mouse controlled ADSR, andimproved naming and interface arrangement.
· New Graphical LFOs clearly show the resulting LFO shapes when morphing between two waves and the newAMOUNT fader quickly scales an LFO’s intensity.
· New Graphical Arp provides visual display of Arp patterns, including 100 new patterns from Dance MIDI Samples. 50 new ‘Gate’ patterns, also from Dance MIDI Samples, instantly apply trance gates to synth pads and leads while Humanize and Swing controls increase total Arp flexibility and expression.
· Effects enhancements include: Simple drag and drop routing of all effects, new Hypertube distortion algorithm, and highly flexible distortion module routing (apply to filter busses and master section or both simultaneously).
· Real-time Expression is enhanced with Adaptive Pitch Bend which allows for thebending of notes within the key and mode performed; automatically learns key based on performance.
· All Waveshapers can be mapped to the modulation matrix opening up a whole new world of expression when mapped to velocity and bend controls.
· XY Pad speed control allows users to adjust the morphing speed of XY coordinates.
· Z3TA+’s legendary sound engine has been improved with a new ‘HIGHEST’ SRC algorithm providing smoother, more accurate interpolation of wavetables.
Other UI enhancements
· Layout is rearranged with numerous usability improvements
· Menu items now show graphical previews (oscillator shapes, velocity curves, etc)
· New extended ribbon controller with latch (Shift-click)
· Menus are revamped with clearer organization and descriptions
Z3TA+ 2 has an estimated street price of $99/€99/£89 (vat inclusive) and will be available at www.cakewalk.com August 4, 2011. Customers who purchase Z3TA+ 1.5 starting July 18, 2011 will get a free upgrade to Z3TA+ 2 when it becomes available. Registered Z3TA+ customers can upgrade for $49/€39/£35 (vat inclusive) at www.cakewalk.com.
Cakewalk has announced plans for Z3TA+ 2, an update to their waveshaping software synth:
With a redesigned user interface, deeper editing controls, new effects, and superior sound quality, Z3TA+ 2 builds on the legendary reputation of its predecessor.
Of course Z3TA+ 2 would not be complete without a new collection of sounds so we retained many of the same sound designers of the original Z3TA+ to create exciting new programs that are sure to spark your creativity. If you already own Z3TA+, then the upgrade to Z3TA+ 2 is a must-have and will be available for a special price. Z3TA+ 1.5 is included with SONAR X1 Studio and Producer and those customers will also be eligible for this special upgrade pricing.
Z3TA+ 2 is expected to be available later in July.
Want to try Sonar X1 with no strings attached? Now you can do just that with the free Cakewalk Sonar X1 Trial, now available for download at cakewalk.com.
The free Sonar X1 Trial is a fully-functional, 30-day version of the Sonar X1 DAW. Sonar X1, the latest version of Sonar software, offers new tools and features not found in previous versions of Sonar, such as the Skylight Interface that streamlines workflow.
The trial provides the full capability of the Sonar X1 Producer edition, including the Pro Channel console strip, which provides two types of compression, musical equalization, tube saturation, and flexible routing options. For a whole month, you can use the trial version to do just about everything possible with the full version — you can save projects (a major plus) and use most of Sonar X1 content minus a few synths, processors, and other features that ship with Sonar X1. It’s free, so don’t complain. Plugins included in the trial are the V-64 Vocal Strip, PX-64 Percussion Strip, and Rapture LE.
What you need to know about the Sonar X1 Trial:
- It’s a fully functioning version of Sonar X1 Producer
- Works for up to 30 days if registered
- Includes ProChannel, Rapture LE, VX-64 Vocal Strip, and PX-64 Percussion Strip
- Lets you experience the new Skylight Interface
- Trial version download is 612 MB
- Tutorial content download is 624 MB
- For Windows PC only
The Sonar X1 Trial is a fully functioning version of Sonar X1 that will work for up to 30 days if registered. To download the trial version, visit cakewalk.com and fill out the necessary information. Valid download links will be emailed to you. Note that there are two installers — one for the application and one for the optional content.
Cakewalk has announced the release of several Sound Center Expansion Packs, sound libraries for the Cakewalk Sound Center.
Digital Sound Factory has created a library of high-quality expansion packs for Cakewalk Sound Center (included in SONAR X1, Music Creator 5, and Production Plus Pack 3). To celebrate the release of these packs, we are offering a special introductory of price of only $19.95/£14.95/€19.95 for each pack (regularly $29.95/£24.95/€29.95).
Sound Center Expansion Packs features
- Steinway Grand Piano – The Steinway Grand is one of the most classic grand pianos ever produced. Built with the best materials acquired, Steinway pianos create a rich full sound like none others. This beautiful Steinway Model L includes multiple layers matched for the ultimate realism. Each sample was reviewed, and the best were assembled to create this grand piano for Cakewalk’s Sound Center. As a result of this process, this natural sounding piano will work in any track mix. (10 Programs).
- Vintage Keyboards – Vintage Keyboards delivers the keyboard sounds that defined popular music in the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s including the Hammond B-3 organ, Rhodes and Wurlitzer EP to legendary analog and digital synthesizers like the ARP 2600 and CP70, Vintage Keyboards gives you an all-in-one, no-compromise collection of over 30 classic keyboards meticulously sampled from the finest vintage instruments available. (220 Programs).
- World Instruments – World Instruments represents an array of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe. African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will color musical compositions with old world harmonic textures. This collection brings inspiring elements that weave the old world into the new world. (109 Programs).
More information: Cakewalk
Cakewalk announced today several new sound expansion packs for their Rapture virtual instrument for PC and Mac. New Expansion Packs for Rapture and Rapture LE from Digital Sound Factory work on the full version of Rapture as well as Rapture LE. You can buy each one individually or buy all 3 for the price of 2.
Dance Tools: Rapture Expansion Pack:
Keep the crowd on their feet with this master set of sound tools. Hard core basses and raw synths give you the power to harness the sound. Create new exciting textures and grooves on the fly and send your music into the airwaves. Synth effects smear transitions, cool twisted modern synthesizer waveforms, and a large palate of dance hits are part of this high energy electronic expansion pack.
Analog Digital Synth Resource: Rapture Expansion Pack:
Blend the old with the new to create the fresh modern sounds like never before. Filled with fat analog synths combined with new digital renditions, these synths are primed for your mix. Expand your imagination and explore the endless possibilities. This collection has the resources that will take your sounds beyond your wildest imagination.
Synthesizer Rage: Rapture Expansion Pack:
Everyone has synthesizers in their closet, but no one has ever had synthesizers like these. Rapture is the ‘Rage’ and this sound set proves it. These hard edge slicing sounds will cut through just about any mix, and take your sound over the top. Synth basses that redefine ‘bottom end’ and hybrid sound combinations that will turn heads are awaiting your command.
SonicState has released this video providing insights into Sonar X1
Overview and presentation by Cakewalk’s Brandon Ryan of the new Sonar X1 with Skylight, ProChannel and other features
Cakewalk today announced SONAR X1 – the latest version of its Windows DAW:
SONAR has evolved and so can the way you make music. Imagine the power and maturity of an industry standard DAW combined with the cutting edge creative tools essential for today’s music – all wrapped up in one of the most modern and (dare we say) beautiful user interfaces available.
Sonar X1 is available in several editions, at competitive price points:
- Sonar X1 Producer – $399
- Sonar X1 Studio – $199
- Sonar X1 Essential -$99
Sonar X1 will be available Dec 8th. See the Cakewalk site for details.
Rapture’s non-aliasing resampling engine technology sets a new standard for sound quality, and produces pristine, high-resolution rendering and playback. Its advanced modulation capabilities include over 40 Step Generators per patch, providing an intuitive interface for generating rhythmic sequences.
With its beautifully designed interface and extensive sound manipulation capabilities, Rapture is capable of producing the rich, hypnotic, and rhythmic basses, leads, and pads destined to put the spirit back into your music.