Cakewalk has announced the release of several Sound Center Expansion Packs, sound libraries for the Cakewalk Sound Center.
Digital Sound Factory has created a library of high-quality expansion packs for Cakewalk Sound Center (included in SONAR X1, Music Creator 5, and Production Plus Pack 3). To celebrate the release of these packs, we are offering a special introductory of price of only $19.95/£14.95/€19.95 for each pack (regularly $29.95/£24.95/€29.95).
Sound Center Expansion Packs features
- Steinway Grand Piano – The Steinway Grand is one of the most classic grand pianos ever produced. Built with the best materials acquired, Steinway pianos create a rich full sound like none others. This beautiful Steinway Model L includes multiple layers matched for the ultimate realism. Each sample was reviewed, and the best were assembled to create this grand piano for Cakewalk’s Sound Center. As a result of this process, this natural sounding piano will work in any track mix. (10 Programs).
- Vintage Keyboards – Vintage Keyboards delivers the keyboard sounds that defined popular music in the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s including the Hammond B-3 organ, Rhodes and Wurlitzer EP to legendary analog and digital synthesizers like the ARP 2600 and CP70, Vintage Keyboards gives you an all-in-one, no-compromise collection of over 30 classic keyboards meticulously sampled from the finest vintage instruments available. (220 Programs).
- World Instruments – World Instruments represents an array of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe. African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will color musical compositions with old world harmonic textures. This collection brings inspiring elements that weave the old world into the new world. (109 Programs).
More information: Cakewalk
Cakewalk announced today several new sound expansion packs for their Rapture virtual instrument for PC and Mac. New Expansion Packs for Rapture and Rapture LE from Digital Sound Factory work on the full version of Rapture as well as Rapture LE. You can buy each one individually or buy all 3 for the price of 2.
Dance Tools: Rapture Expansion Pack:
Keep the crowd on their feet with this master set of sound tools. Hard core basses and raw synths give you the power to harness the sound. Create new exciting textures and grooves on the fly and send your music into the airwaves. Synth effects smear transitions, cool twisted modern synthesizer waveforms, and a large palate of dance hits are part of this high energy electronic expansion pack.
Analog Digital Synth Resource: Rapture Expansion Pack:
Blend the old with the new to create the fresh modern sounds like never before. Filled with fat analog synths combined with new digital renditions, these synths are primed for your mix. Expand your imagination and explore the endless possibilities. This collection has the resources that will take your sounds beyond your wildest imagination.
Synthesizer Rage: Rapture Expansion Pack:
Everyone has synthesizers in their closet, but no one has ever had synthesizers like these. Rapture is the ‘Rage’ and this sound set proves it. These hard edge slicing sounds will cut through just about any mix, and take your sound over the top. Synth basses that redefine ‘bottom end’ and hybrid sound combinations that will turn heads are awaiting your command.
SonicState has released this video providing insights into Sonar X1
Overview and presentation by Cakewalk’s Brandon Ryan of the new Sonar X1 with Skylight, ProChannel and other features
Cakewalk today announced SONAR X1 – the latest version of its Windows DAW:
SONAR has evolved and so can the way you make music. Imagine the power and maturity of an industry standard DAW combined with the cutting edge creative tools essential for today’s music – all wrapped up in one of the most modern and (dare we say) beautiful user interfaces available.
Sonar X1 is available in several editions, at competitive price points:
- Sonar X1 Producer – $399
- Sonar X1 Studio – $199
- Sonar X1 Essential -$99
Sonar X1 will be available Dec 8th. See the Cakewalk site for details.
Rapture’s non-aliasing resampling engine technology sets a new standard for sound quality, and produces pristine, high-resolution rendering and playback. Its advanced modulation capabilities include over 40 Step Generators per patch, providing an intuitive interface for generating rhythmic sequences.
With its beautifully designed interface and extensive sound manipulation capabilities, Rapture is capable of producing the rich, hypnotic, and rhythmic basses, leads, and pads destined to put the spirit back into your music.
Found an interesting post/article called the Sequencer wars, where the author had used Google trends over the past years to analyze which sequencers are gaining or loosing in market share. The result is shown in the graph below.
And the result shows that Ableton continues to grow as the most popular system going forward.
Cubase started from a high in early 2004 and has seemingly experienced a steady decline ever since apart from a few short-lived spikes; most notably in late 2004 when the news graph shows that Steinberg announced an update to Cubase SX 3.0.1
(I initially thought this result was quite odd so I performed other searches based around the [Cubase ] search-word to see if there was a correlation… and there is! The search trends for Cubase SX and VST pretty much match the same downward trend as above.)
Cakewalk shows an even more dramatic fall. It starts from a higher spike than Cubase at the start of 2004, but ends lower than it did in the last quarter of 2006!
(Still a bit sceptical, I ran another for Cakewalk SONAR Although there’s been a more volatile ride, ithe graph shows a similar start and end-point as above.)
Ableton on average, has experienced a steady rise in search volume all through the timeline, reflecting its new-kid-on-the-block rise into the mind-share of electronic musicians.
Pro Tools does end at a slightly lower point than when the resultset began, but the trend-line itself is pretty much even when you look at the spikes it has seen. However, 2006 shows a fairly strong downward trend that is seemingly breaking-away from the rest of the line!
Thanks to The Whippingpost for sharing
Cakewalk has announced that it’s now offering it a bunch of free Windows music software, including synths and effects processors.
Here’s what Cakewalk has to say about each of the freebies:
- SFZ+ is rgc:audio’s SoundFont player sample-playback engine, packed in a professional VST/DXi instrument. Outstanding sound quality, stereo built-in effects, adjustable CPU/quality settings to adjust it to your hardware, fully multitimbral operation, multiple stereo outputs, several loading modes including direct-from-disk streaming and a beautiful interface make sfz+ the perfect choice for SoundFont users and professional composers.
- Square I offers the warmness and classic sound of the vintage analog synthesizers, combined with the fidelity and precision of a VST instrument. A simple synthesizer, oriented to the serious music enthusiast.
- Cakewalk Audio FX 1 is a series of real-time audio processing plug-ins. All Cakewalk Audio FX plug-ins are Microsoft DirectX- compatible, allowing you to use them with any digital audio software that supports DirectX – including Cakewalk SONAR and other Cakewalk applications.
- Cakewalk Audio FX 2. Audio FX 2 uses advanced processing algorithms to apply the classic sound and warmth of several different vintage guitar amplifiers and analog tape decks to your digital audio.
- Cakewalk Audio FX 3 SoundStage allows you to design acoustic environments in which to play back digital audio, resulting in unique, realistic reverb. Audio FX 3 Features Two Views: Performer’s View and Room View. To create the perfect room, just click and drag your mouse to move walls and change ceiling height. Choose from different microphones, and place them inside the room. Then assign each audio track to different “performer” positions to hear custom reverb on each track. When you’re finished, save your soundstage for other sessions, or use as a template for other designs. Audio FX 3 includes ready-to-use soundstages too.