Strom for iPad, ‘an incredibly fun sampler’ for the iPad that offers tight integration with the Elektron Analog Rytm.
This video focuses on using Strom, independent of the Analog Rytm.
STROM is available now in the App Store for US $4.99. Rytm Upgrade is an In-App-Purchase. Elektron Analog Rytm is a hardware instrument which must be purchased separately. A USB-Lightning Camera adapter is required for the MIDI connection.
Apple Store link:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egdr9…
ElliottGarage presents EGDR909, a drum machine that emulates the vintage hardware from the 80’s with all the facilities of modern software.
Its realistic and clear interface recalls the analog machine from the past, for all the vintage fanatics.
You can play with the groove presets included or you can create your own beat to play along your favorite song via InterApp, Audiobus, Core MIDI and clock MIDI.
You can also share your drum patterns with iTunes filse sharing or Audio Copy.
– Interface like the real drum machine from the 80’s
– 16 steps sequencer, with variable lenght
– 48 programmable rythm patterns
– Save the pattern you’ve created and play your songs
– Manual Play, Pattern Write and Pattern Clear mode
– Drumkit pieces parameters control (tuning, decay and snappy)
– Song Mode page (swipe to left to open) with loop option
– Swing and tap tempo
– Core MIDI & clock MIDI (network session, external controller, inter app midi)
– Interapp (generator)
– Export with iTunes, mail or Audio Copy
– Korg Wist sync
Check the videos on http://www.youtube.com/ElliottGarage
Sneak preview of DensityGS apeFilter, an advanced filter effect of iPad and Audiobus.
ScaleGen for iPad – described as ‘the ultimate tool for musicians who want to explore new ways of thinking about music.’
ScaleGen is a tool for organizing pitches into custom scales and tunings. It lets you create and audition scales within the app, and then export it as a MIDI file or to their gestural music app Gestrument.
It goes far beyond mainstream types of scales, letting you experiment with up to 24 notes per octave, use historical and experimental microtonal tuning and even scales that are different in each octave, like the overtone series.
ScaleGen – musical scales redefined
You think you know what a scale is – think again. In ScaleGen you can do all that you would traditionally imagine when it comes to scales and pitch organisation, and then much, much more.
This is the perfect tool for experimental composers in any genre as well as for musicians who want to explore new ways of thinking about music. The educational aspects of how pitches can be organised makes ScaleGen a must have for serious music students. But the directness of the app makes the learning both fun and artistically developing.
Define or change scales in the most detailed and intricate way. Audition the scales you make from within the app or export it as a MIDI file or use our iOS app Gestrument to try them out.
This is the tool for anyone who wants to go beyond the traditional tonalities in whichever genre you choose. ScaleGen comes with predefined scales of all kinds – from the traditional Western scales and early music scales to Asian scales from India, Indonesia and elsewhere.
Presenting Wizdom Music’s new app Jordantron. This is the first time Jordan Rudess, who is best known as the keyboardist for Dream Theater, has released a complete set of his exclusive sounds to the public. Jordantron will turn your iPad into the grandest and most epic sounding instrument ever!
Developed for Wizdom Music by Omenie, UK-based mellotron specialists
Developed for Wizdom Music by Omenie, UK-based mellotron specialists, Jordantron features :
• 57 sampled stereo instruments, 940MB of samples
• 4 octave samples per voice, 6 playable octaves
• Voices categorized by ‘velocity sensitive’, ‘leads’, ‘orchestral / choral’, ‘pads’ and ‘strings’
• Velocity sensitivity on selected voices
• Decay tails on selected voices
• Octave shift keys to extend range of on-screen keyboard
• ‘Half-speed’ tape mode
• 12 programmable chord pads
• Warm, lush stereo reverb
• 32 ‘VOICEBANKs’ holding voice, reverb and ABC blend settings for instant retrieval
• Giant ‘Jordan-style’ whole octave divebombs (configurable as whole tone or whole octave downshift)
• Support for multiple simultaneous instruments via MIDI
‘Oscillotron’ waveform display
First and foremost, this is a giant sample collection wrapped in its own playable instrument, designed for live and studio use with MIDI control. Jordantron allows its two internal Tron engines to be controlled by a pair of external class-compliant MIDI keyboards for maximum performance flexibility, one controlling the blendable ‘ABCtron’, the other controlling the ‘Dtron’ which is usually dedicated to chord pads. A flexible MIDI response allows VOICEBANKs to be retrieved using MIDI Program Change, so the iPad screen never needs to be touched during performance.
Arturia has not officially communicated this yet, but it seems like they’ve got a new iPad synth on the way, iProphet.
According to leaked information that is making the rounds, iProphet is a recreation of the classic Sequential Circuits Prophet VS. The iProphet uses Vector synthesis to create its sounds, which allows for timbrel modulation. The raw sound can then be processed through a multimode filter and output effects.
Official specifications, pricing and availability are to be announced.
SoundTower has introduced Evolver Editor, a dedicated iPad patch editor for the Dave Smith Instruments Evolver synthesizer.
Evolver Sound Editor is an editor and sound development tool, created specifically for Dave Smith Instruments Evolver synthesizer.
Evolver Sound Editor displays all Evolver Program parameters in a single graphical interface.
- Real time editing of all Evolver parameters
- Program Bank manager
- Load/Save of Program Banks
- Transmitting and receiving of Program Bank data
- Sequencer editor
- Resizable on-screen keyboard
- Direct USB/MIDI connection with Apple iPad Camera Adapter
- Wireless connection possible using MIDI network
- Magnified editing panels
The Evolver Sound Editor is available for US $24.99 in the App Store.
Xmonsta has introduced Pull, a new touchscreen device editor for Ableton Live 9.
Built in Max For Live and based on the Lemur iPad app, Pull is a designed to be a fast and efficient workflow tool for sound designers, producers and mixing/mastering engineers.
Pull allows you to edit full-screen versions of every Ableton Live device (over 60 Lemur templates) directly from your iPad. It follows any device that is currently selected and displays a large, multi-touch template on the iPad for editing.
After a full year of development, we’re excited to release a new iPad Touchscreen Device Editor for Ableton – called PULL.
In a nutshell, this software allows you to edit fullscreen versions of every ableton device from your iPad . It follows any device that is currently selected and displays a very large, multi-touch template on the iPad for editing.
We noticed that while there are some great controllers for Ableton, most of these lack intuitiveness when editing devices (only allowing you to edit the 8 banks of parameters at a time, using generic knobs).
PULL is set to change this, providing much larger, full screen, multi-touch versions that are designed to look just like Ableton devices.
The software uses a combination of Ableton, Max for live and the Lemur iPad app to achieve this.
Remix your tracks like never before with the new SuperSlicer for Traktor DJ. Slice-up your tracks and rearrange your loops using Scratch, Brake, Reverse, Slice or even Pitch-shift effects.
TRAKTOR DJ 1.5 for iPad is now available at the iTunes App Store.
Also available for iPhone.
The world’s #1 pro DJ software brings high-impact DJing to iPad. Touch your tracks and create stunning mixes in seconds.
“Incredibly well designed and packed with great features.” (WIRED)
“Traktor DJ for iPad is better than turntables.” (Gizmodo)
“It’s wonderfully tactile and a lot of fun.” (The Guardian)
“Traktor DJ brings real DJ tools to the masses.” (The Verge)
“They worked on every little detail to get the app just right.” (Loop Insight)
///ABOUT TRAKTOR DJ
– Revolutionary DJ app by Native Instruments – makers of the leading pro DJ software
– Touch the groove using familiar iPad swipe and pinch gestures
– Familiar DJ mixer layout with crossfader, 3-band EQ, and filter on each channel
– Direct access to your iTunes music library from TRAKTOR DJ
– Stylish waveform display allows for simple looping and ultra-tight scratching
– Intelligent browser recommends songs based on compatible tempo and key
– Automatic tempo and key detection plus BPM sync for super-smooth mixing
– Innovative Notification Center gives you in-app access to essential tips and undiscovered techniques
– 8 built-in pro DJ effects including Reverb, Delay, and dramatic glitch effects like BeatMasher
– Plug-and-play integration with hardware controllers TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1, TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 and S4
– External mixer mode for sending individual deck outputs to separate mixer channels (if used with TRAKTOR hardware or splitter cable)
– Use TRAKTOR DJ CABLE for pre-listening to the incoming track before the crowd hears it
– Enhanced time-stretching, powered by élastique efficient V2 engine by zplane.development
– New Flux mode – remix your tracks live, then drop back in at exactly the right moment
– Record your mixes live in high-quality on the iPad and share with your friends
Simmons has announced the release of the new Stryke6 drum controller.
The new Stryke6 is the first ever iPad® controller that delivers a full drum kit playing experience without the kit. Combining Simmons’ expertise in electronic drum kits with their unrivaled ergonomic design, the Stryke6 is the only product of its kind that works in concert with your iPad to deliver a real tactile playing experience in a compact, tabletop design.
Equipped with six velocity-sensitive pads plus two foot pedals for kick and hi-hat control, the laptop-sized Stryke6 is perfect for on-the-go playing, portable practice, and other times when a full kit is not a viable option.
Using the free Simmons Stryke Drums app, the Stryke6 easily connects to an iPad for an immediate, out of the box playing experience, including a wide range of sounds. Or connect via USB to any computer to trigger a variety of DAW applications and sample programs, including Garage Band, EZ Drummer, Logic, Ableton Live, and more.
For drummers and percussionists, Stryke6 is an ideal portable setup for small acoustic gigs, or as a compact practice kit for small spaces or mobile music making. For small project studios and songwriting setups, it makes a great tactile instrument for tracking drums into a DAW or sequencing program.
- Versatile, first-ever iPad-based drum controller.
- Can also be used with any USB/MIDI computer.
- Ultra-small footprint with 6 velocity-sensitive drum pads.
- Access to a wide range of sounds.
- Kick and hi-hat pedals provide a real drum playing experience.
- Works with most MIDI applications.
- Free and fun, downloadable Stryke Drums iPad app (from the Apple App Store).
- Learn to play drums in an engaging, interactive environment using app-based tutorials and the color-coded pads.
- Includes drum sticks and connections for Lighting and 30pin iPads and USB.
Stryke6 is available for purchase for $129.99 USD.