MaxSynths has announced the release of DSP-3, a dynamics processor specifically designed to be used on the main bus.
The main purpose of DSP-3 is to increase the perceived loudness of the track and make the mix more compact without introducing any distortion or audible artifacts.
Unlike other compressors DSP-3 is incredibly simple and intuitive: thanks to the internal IDP (Intelligent Dynamic Processor) circuit all the key parameters, necessary to have an adequate compression, are set automatically.
DSP3 includes four different dynamics processing models, selectable via a XY crossfade pad, which allows to crossfade the signal processed by the different algorithms.
- Intelligent Dynamic Processor (IDP).
- Four different automatic dynamic processor models.
- Transparent increment of the perceived volume level.
- High precision input/output VU-meter.
- Easy to operate.
- Low CPU usage.
DSP-3 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 19.90 EUR.
Waves has released the Scheps 73 plug-in. Scheps 73 is a 3-band EQ modeled on the classic 1073 console’s EQ and mic preamp module and developed in association with world-renowned mixing engineer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Sabbath, Lana Del Ray, Metallica, Jay-Z.)
The Scheps 73 EQ features interrelated bands that adhere to the 1073’s original specs and emulate its behavior: a fixed 12kHz high-frequency band, switchable low and midrange bands with cut and boost controls, and an 18dB/octave high-pass filter. Additionally, a little-known 10kHz midrange band discovered in the original 1073 schematics, but operable only on the rare 1078 channel strip has been modeled and incorporated into the plugin.
Using innovative procedures to model the acclaimed Marinair transformer, Waves has meticulously captured all the sonic characteristics of the 1073, including its harmonic distortion. These overtones were tweaked by Andrew Scheps himself.
Price: $149 – There is an introductory price of $99.
LinPlug has announced the release of Spectral, a new synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows and Mac.
If you are familiar with subtractive synthesis, you will feel right at home with the Spectral, because you can choose an oscillator waveform, choose a filter shape and go on from there.
But Spectral delivers far more options than you would expect from the well sorted user interface. Both Oscillator Waveform and Filter Shape can be edited in depth. The unique audio engine is capable of delivering many sounds never heard before.
- Four Oscillator and Filter modules with powerful yet detailed harmonics and filter band editing and modification functions.
- Extensive Oscillator and Filter audio rate cross-modulations..
- Versatile Arpeggiator with in depth editing of every step, including length, transpose, voice number and Glide.
- Each Oscillator and Filter with own dedicated envelope to control its volume or frequency respectively.
- Additional 3 freely assignable Modulation Envelopes..
- Five LFOs with various waveforms, up to 320 Hz, tempo-sync, poly-, mono- and one-shot-mode, unipolar and bipolar options, integrated delay-attack-envelope, phase, symmetry and smoothing adjustable.
- 15 slot Modulation Matrix with 35 sources and more than 100 destinations including all important parameters.
- Fully recognizes Velocity, Aftertouch, Pitch Bend , Modulation-Wheel and various other MIDI controllers.
- A sophisticated effects section containing 15 Effects including various Delays, Chorus, Phaser, Filter, Reverb, Flanger, Gator, Stereo Enhancer, Parametric EQ and Crusher.
- Glide / Portamento featuring mono/polyphonic operation, constant Time / Rate operation, Auto-Bend Modes and detailed options on where Glide takes place.
- 32-voice polyphony (CPU and sound program dependent) and adjustable voice limit.
- Supports AU and VST hosts on Mac OS X and Windows PC.
- Scaleable user interface on PC.
- Comes with 850 presets to get you started.
Spectral is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular $149 USD).
Sound Magic has announced the release of Neo DynaMaster, a dynamic processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Neo DynaMaster is a full-featured, multi-purpose stereo dual dynamics processor utilising a unique custom designed metering system and modelling engine, providing emulations of many vintage units, e.g. SSL, Tube-Tech and so on.
Neo DynaMaster performs simultaneous compression and expansion allowing more complex dynamics response curves than common compressors and provides huge scope to engineer your final sound. Neo DynaMaster’s intuitive GUI allows you to precisely edit view the dynamics response curve which is essential if you want to take full control of your dynamic range.
The comprehensive metering section comprising Peak and RMS bar meters, multi-channel scope, and Input/Output volt meters continuously provides all the information you need to better control your dynamics and levels.
Neo DynaMaster features a transparent, natural sound. In order to achieve this, Neo DynaMaster utilises a new, custom designed Peak Metering system to provide an unrivalled stable metering signal which eliminates audible level modulation artefacts while still retaining sample accurate transient detection resulting in -122dB THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise); far below the human audible range.
The plug-in is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
SoundMod Tritone is a multiband waveshaper allowing you to split your signal into three separated band and apply an individual waveshaping algorithm with a sets of control available for each band thus creating rich overtones. Transform simple tones into complex one, add punch to your guitar and bass line, destroy drum beats, fatten up your synth sounds and create movement. This is what Tritone will do for you.
25.00 Eur, 29.00 USD til Nov.10th
32.00 Eur, 39.00 USD from Nov.11th til Nov.17th
Here is a quick description of the main features:
-1 Input gain control
-1 Low/Mid-Low control
-1 Mid-High/High control
Envelope follower modulator section:
-1 EF response control
-3 EF amount control (1 per band)
-3 EF target control (2 per band)
-3 Drive control (1 per band)
-3 Algorithm selector(1 per band, 11 algorithm at this point)
-3 Asymmetry control(1 per band)
-3 Blend control(1 per band)
-3 Level control(1 per band)
Bandwidth limiter section:
-1 On/Off control
-1 Offset control
Waves Audio and Abbey Road Studios have released the J37 tape saturation plugin, which they describe as a precision model of the very machine used to record many of the greatest masterpieces in modern music. With a variety of user-adjustable controls including Tape Speed, Bias, Noise, Saturation, Wow and Flutter, the Waves: Abbey Road J37 faithfully recreates the inimitable sonic signature of the original machine. In addition to the J37 itself, three exclusive oxide tape formulas have been modeled. Specially developed by EMI during the 60s and 70s, each formula has its own unique frequency response and harmonic distortion behavior.
While the J37 was used on many famous recordings, it is perhaps best known for its innovative use on The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Producer George Martin utilized the machine not only for recording but also as a creative production tool, bouncing tracks between two J37s and creating layer upon layer of sound to achieve ground-breaking sonic textures.
Mirek Stiles, Head of Audio Products, Abbey Road Studios, told us, “The winning combination of Abbey Road Studios’ Studer J37 Four-Track machine and EMI Tape has been used to create some of the most important recordings of all time. As well as modeling the J37, with the amazing warmth of 52 valves, Waves has teamed it with the last remaining blank 60s and 70s tape stock from the EMI archives. EMI Tape has stood the test of time; it never needs baking and sounds wonderful. Abbey Road Studios’ technical staff from the J37’s heyday were consulted on the line-up procedures that they used over 50 years ago, with the end results sounding simply stunning. Waves has given us yet another unique example of Abbey Road Studios’ heritage, available for the first time as a software plugin.”
A Waves spokesperson added, “The Waves: Abbey Road J37 tape emulation plugin delivers a level of hardware realism never before experienced ‘in the box’, bringing stunning analogue warmth to your digital recordings.”
J37 tape saturation plugin features:
- Created in association with Abbey Road Studios
- Modeled on the machine used to create countless classic 60s tracks
- Adds analog warmth to digital recordings
- Controls for Bias, Wow, Flutter, Tape Speed and more
- Comprehensive Tape Delay including three different delay types, Sync, LP and HP filter controls and more.
The J37 is Native and SoundGrid-compatible. It is not included in any Waves bundle; it is only available separately.
Pricing and Availability:
The Waves: Abbey Road J37 Tape Saturation plugin is now available with a U.S. MSRP of Native $249 and SoundGrid $375. Both are now available at special introductory pricing of $149 (Native) and $249 (SoundGrid).
Create vinyl record scratches and learn about Ableton’s various Delay Plug in’s modes.
Download the AfroDJMac Vinyl Scratcher Rack for free @ http://bit.ly/freesynth91
Plugin Alliance has announced the release of bx_hybrid V2, a mono and stereo equalizer bundle by Brainworx.
bx_hybrid V2 was re-designed from the ground up, using Brainworx´ latest filter-designs. Bringing you unrivaled analog-style filters and awesome digital workflow. The EQs will map any & all features of the AVID / Digidesign ICON center section EQ plus the Surround Joysticks.
Artifact-free EQ-ing up to 26(!)kHz, even in low-resolution sessions (44.1k & 48k).
5-band EQ plus Lo- and Hi-Pass filters with various adjustable filter orders (up to 5th order / – 30dB per octave), Lo- and Hi-Shelving EQs, Peak filters, 2 Notch-filters (with adjustable Q!), and Shifter EQs which can be controlled with Surround Joysticks or your mouse.
bx_hybrid V2 features
- New: Brainworx critically acclaimed filters.
- Artifact-free EQ-ing up to 26kHz.
- 64-Bit & AAX (DSP & Native) Support.
- New and innovative Solo Modes.
- Shelving Filters, Hi- & Low-Pass, Notch Filters, Peak Bands, 11 Bands in total.
- “Mouse Over” feature: adjust the parameters by holding the mouse over any knob and turning your mouse wheel.
- Direct access: type in any valid number into the text fields for direct access to the exact value.
- EQ graphic panel switch-able.
- Fully automatable.
The bx_hybrid V2 is available to purchase for $199 USD.
The Point Blank modular synth is based on the legendary EMS VCS3. The VCS3 was built in London in the late ’60s and there were a number of subsequent models of varying sizes. It was a popular synth and used by the Radiophonic Workshop (the ring modulator was used to process the sound of the daleks) through to Pink Floyd.
It’s a great synth to generate sounds and jam around with and the interface was really well thought out, featuring an innovative matrix which is still a neat way to patch the different synth sections together. It features three oscillators, a noise generator, a ring modulator, a couple of filter sections, audio input, envelope generator, spring reverb and an assignable joystick control – if you really wanted you could even hook up a keyboard!
The Point Blank modular synth is a simpler interface, but still offers three oscillators and noise generator, a filter section, ring modulator and X/Y controller. Unlike the VCS3, it’s possible to store your settings, and trigger the sounds easily (and in tune!) from a MIDI source. We’ve also included a slide control to emulate the smooth sweeps you could sometimes achieve with the original synth.
The modular synth is a free download for Point Blank Facebook fans.
A small demo of two of the plugins from Electro studio.