Soundtoys has just released Little MicroShift, the latest in their new Boutique plug-in series, and it’s free for a limited time.
The company tells us that Little Microshift is based on a simple, but effective studio trick for creating wide stereo tracks from mono sources. Originally done using hardware pitch shifters, as well as the original SoundToys SoundBlender plug-in, this technique has been used in pro studios as a “secret weapon” on countless vocals, guitars and more for a widening, doubling and interesting spatial effect that adds focus or power to tracks run through it. Soundtoys says that, now, three of the most popular versions of this effect are available at the touch of a button.
As in years past with Devil-Loc and Little Radiator, Little MicroShift is available free to anyone who can find a friend with a “sharing code”. They’re all over FaceBook and forums like GearSlutz and KVR Audio. Once you’ve got Little MicroShift, you can share it with your friends by using your own unique sharing code. The top share-masters win more cool stuff. The grand prize is an autographed original H3000 D/SE Ultra-Harmonizer from our Gear Closet. The promotion ends on March 29th.
Pricing and Availability:
More information here:
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar Elements, the latest addition to the Nectar family of vocal plug-in effects. Built on the same award-winning DSP as Nectar, Nectar Elements features an easy-to-use interface designed with the singer-songwriter, podcaster, or home recordist in mind. iZotope says that, with ten vocal processing effects working behind the scenes, Nectar Elements simplifies vocal production, allowing users to focus on their sound, not their set-up.
iZotope Product Manager, Brett Bunting, told us, “By introducing Nectar Elements, iZotope is pleased to offer single-click vocal production to a broader set of users. Our vocal product line is focused on great sound and simple workflow. With Nectar Elements, anyone can quickly explore a wealth of complete vocal sounds, each with unique and intuitive control.”
Nectar Elements features dozens of Style presets that let you choose between a variety of classic and creative vocal styles, from Motown to Grunge to radio-ready podcast. Easily and quickly adjust the simple controls to find your voice and make it shine.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with professionally-designed Style presets in a wide variety of Genres.
- Personalize your sound with easy-to-use controls that drive sophisticated vocal processing.
- Levels: Quickly get punchy vocals with the loudness you need for consistency across your tracks.
- Space: Help settle your vocals into your mix with delays and reverbs that add ambience and “smoothing.”
- Dedicated per-Style controls: Adjust intelligent sliders that perfectly complement the Genre and Style of choice.
- EQ: Enhance and sculpt the tone of your voice, or adapt any Style to suit your sound’s needs.
- De-Esser: Easily remove unwanted “ess” sounds and sibilance using just one intelligent slider.
- Gate: Remove room tone and other unwanted noise quickly to get vocals crisp and broadcast-ready.
- Automatic Pitch Correction: Fix out-of-tune notes so you can keep those “almost perfect” takes.
Pricing and Availability:
Nectar Elements is now available for MSRP $129 USD or €99 EUR.
Additional preset packs for Nectar and Nectar Elements are available for free at www.izotope.com/nectar/presets
CableGuys has released PanCake 2 – an plugin that allows you to create flexible pan modulations.
- Free, and available for both PC and Mac.
- Creative Modulation Tool: Create complex pan modulations with ease.
- Unique Waveform Drawing Capabilities:Construct your own modulation curves in a very intuitive manner. Waveforms can be easily drawn using soft or hard control points, thus producing gentle transitions or sharp bends in the waveform.
- Customized Waveforms: Up to 10 customized waveforms can be stored.
- LFO Speed: LFO speed can be set free-running from 0.02 Hz to 5.24 kHz. It can also be set in rhythmic units synced to the host sequencer, from a fast 1/128 note modulation up to 32 bars.
- Always in Sync: The LFO will always stay in sync, even when you make tempo changes in your host software, or jump ahead to different parts of your track.
- Complete Parameter Control via Automation: Absolutely everything in PanCake can be automated. Even the shape of the modulating waveform can be automated. And if you want to use more than four modulation curves in a song, you can automate the plugin to switch between them.
- New in version 2: A precise display of channel left/right volume for helpful visual control, an option to trigger the LFO via MIDI notes, a dry/wet control, plus a redesigned interface.
Sinevibes has announced Torsion, its new monophonic Audio Unit instrument plugin. They tell us that Torsion is built upon a unique combination of multiple synthesis technologies and modulation sources, wrapped into an intuitive interface which makes working with it as fun as playing a game. Sinevibes believes that it has a very distinctive, original sound character – and is ready to push your musical creativity in a fresh new direction. Here’s the details in Sinevibes’ own words…
At first glance, Torsion’s sound structure is similar to a traditional subtractive synthesiser – three oscillators going into a low-pass filter and into an amplifier – and it’s certainly as easy to use. But Torsion’s oscillators are completely different: they produce simple additive waves based on just a few partials, which are then enriched with lots of new spectral content using a technique called waveshape modelling (which literally “curls” the wave in real time). To further spice the sound up, there is a ring modulator and an audio-range oscillator for filter FM.
Torsion features as many as four separate LFO generators – one for each oscillator and one for the filter and output amplifier. In addition to precise synchronisation, each LFO cycle can be self-randomised, which makes the modulation rhythmical yet non-repetitive. There are also two AHDSR envelope generators, as well as a two-dimensional chaos oscillator.
The interface of Torsion is designed with high-contrast, colour coded elements, which lets you operate the instrument intuitively in just a few minutes. It also includes graphic representations for every building block – oscillator waves, LFO phases, envelope shapes and filter spectrum all change as you modify them, making sound design with Torsion a truly engaging, fun process.
• Three oscillators each with four basic additive waveforms and four waveshape models.
• -24 dB/octave resonant low-pass filter.
• -12 dB/octave high-pass filter.
• Ring modulator.
• Modulation oscillator for low-pass filter FM.
• Four tempo-synchronised LFO generators with four waveforms and per-cycle randomisation.
• Two AHDSR envelope generators.
• Two-dimensional chaos modulation generator based on Lorenz attractor.
Pricing and Availability:
Torsion is immediately available as an Audio Unit plugin for OS X 10.6 or later (32/64 bit Intel), and costs $49.
Waves has announced the release of Element, a synthesizer instrument plug-in for Window and Mac.
Introducing Element: The first ever synthesizer from Waves. Powered by Virtual Voltage™ technology, Element is an analog-style polyphonic instrument engineered to deliver the fat, gritty sound of the classics, with all the precision, flexibility and control of contemporary digital synths.
Element includes a vast array of convenient features and functions. Like integrated effects. A 16-step arpeggiator / sequencer. MIDI Learn for all controls. And a massive preset library, with total tweakability. Plus, all parameters are laid out right there in front of you, so when inspiration strikes, there’s no need to scroll through page after page to customize your sounds. Searing leads, booming basses, ethereal pads, electro-percussion, sequential motions, mind-blowing FX and lots more: Element does it all.
Element for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $200 USD).
Electronisounds has announced version 2 of its Red Dragon software synthesizer for Windows.
Changes in Red Dragon 2
- Completely re-coded engine.
- NEW GUI.
- NEW built-in FX (Chorus, Delay, Distortion, Flanger).
- 614 ALL-NEW presets, plus the original 384 presets for a total of 998 presets.
- Built-in preset browser.
- and more.
Thiago Pinhero introduces AAS’ electric piano.
Lounge Lizard EP-4 — Electric Piano
In the studio
When time matters, simply pick from more than 100 custom electric piano presets. But when sound exploration is on the program, players will dig the real-time controls over hammer hardness, tine color and decay, damper noise, and pickup placement for an unsurpassed level of customization.
Live on stage
Gigging musicians will appreciate Lounge Lizard’s small memory footprint, instant preset recalls, and stability. Furthermore, the huge library of Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds as well as the complete selection of effects makes it easy to build a set list and get the perfect tone for each songs.
Alive beneath your fingers
There is something quite immersive when a connection develops between the player and the instrument. Whether it’s the perfectly smooth velocity progression or the interactive reaction to your performance, Lounge Lizard makes that connection happen.
Beyond the electric piano
Lounge Lizard achieves convincing electric piano tones with less than twenty synth parameters. That’s a quite a feat by itself, but pushed further, these parameters reveal a realm of other tones. Organs, bells, chimes, leads are all featured in the preset library’s Experimental folder.
Even though famous players shared the same brand and models, they were all acheiving their own signature sound. Nevertheless, that usually meant spending many hours under the hood with screw drivers, wrenches, or even a solder iron. What’s fun with Lounge Lizard is that whether you’re looking to emulate a particular sound or simply find your own, all those tweaks are just a few knob turns away!
Applied Acoustics Systems has announced the release of Lounge Lizard EP-4, a versatile electric piano plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Authentic tone, action, and feel.
Lounge Lizard EP-4 is an electric piano synthesizer plug-in delivering authentic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds in an everything-you-need package.
New in Lounge Lizard EP-4
- Completely renewed factory library features the classic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds as well as over 200 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor.
- Compressor and equalizer added, perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations – that’s the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano’s output – to easily snug fit your electric piano part into your track.
- Output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano’s physical modeling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into Play, Edit and FX panels.
- New bank and program manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Overhauled effects, reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano.
- Native 64-bit Audio Unit (AU) and VST plug-ins.
Lounge Lizard EP-4 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $199 USD.
Sound Magic tells us that Neo Distortion is a distortion effect unit which features a 2-stage distortion Overdrive, followed by 4 optional distortion units including a Waveshaper, Fuzz, Soft Distortion and Contour.
They say that it provides meticulous controls for the 4 distortion types and combined with the Overdrive unit, you can build your own style of distortion to feature your unique sound style.
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- 2 Stages Distortion, First OverDrive, Followed by 4 optional distortion units including a Waveshaper, Fuzz, Soft Distortion and Contour.
- Support up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Pricing and Availability:
Neo Distortion costs €49
Maul: a multi-band distortion and tone-shaping plugin with advanced modulation.
FXpansion is proud to present Maul: a multi-band distortion and tone-shaping plugin with advanced modulation. Maul is suited to all music requiring powerful sound-sculpting abilities – everything from subtle warming and loudness generation to shredding distortion and experimental creative effects. Maul features 3 separate drive stages, each of which can act on a different frequency range with any of 32 distortion types. The available algorithms include DCAM-modelled germanium diode, tube and transistor-based circuits, clippers, overdrives, waveshapers of various kinds and bit-crushing devices for digital distortion flavours. Each drive stage also features control over transient-shaping, saturation circuitry and additional post-process tone filtering.
Availability & Pricing
Maul is available as a download-only product from the FXpansion web shop!
Pricing is USD $99.00, EUR €79.00, GBP £69.00 inc VAT where applicable