Saltline has announced Liść-verb, a freeware reverb and delay effect plug-in for Windows.
Liść-verb is a reverb and delay effect. It’s simple layout and structure can bring texture and space to any sound source, from creating strange ambience for pads to interesting musical textures for beats.
Liść-verb for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
Listen to a demo that Liść-verb has been used in to create most of the space and ambiance:
Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 5.0 is a complete rewrite of their low latency linear phase EQ plug-ins. Liny EQ is an 8 bands linear phase graphic equalizer with very low latency and comprehensive visual feedback: it processes audio signals without phase distortion, with an unusually short latency (less than 3 milliseconds). Version 5.0 has now a brand new, fully customizable user interface, and includes many new features and enhancements: premium visual feedback with EQ curves, spectrum and spectrogram displays, new EQ shapes, single and dual channels modes, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more.
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat’s Master Pack, a bundle including the company’s recommended plug-ins for mastering. A special introduction offer is available to new customers until June 15th: 25% off the plug-in and 15% off the bundle. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 3 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Other Blue Cat Audio customers can purchase the plug-in with 40% discount.
Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).
- Brand new, fully customizable user interface:
– New look and feel.
– Show/hide what you need.
– New EQ curve display.
– New instant spectrum curves display.
– New color or greyscale overlayed spectrogram view.
– New output peak levels meters.
– Multiple display sizes.
– Improved readability.
– Animated transitions.
- New “mix” parameter for instant dry/wet control or side chain dynamic equalization.
- New interpolation mode for up to four different EQ shapes.
- Now includes both single and dual channels versions and superseds the three plug-ins previously included in the Blue Cat’s Liny EQ Pack bundle.
- Spectrum and spectrogram displays can be frozen to capture spectral snapshots.
- New integrated presets manager:
– Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface.
– Organize presets with folders.
– Customize the default preset.
– Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 5: 74 EUR or $96 (instead of 99 EUR or $129) , until June 15th. Upgrade from Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 4: 19 EUR or $25. Blue Cat’s Master Pack: 390 EUR or $509 (instead of 459 EUR or $599), until June 15th.
Sugar Bytes awarded effects plugin TURNADO is now available for the iPad!
It features the full Turnado software with 24 effects which can be turned on and off
using big knobs.
For better iPad experience, we added a nice audio player, 4 XY pads and more!
Sugar Bytes Turnado, now on the App Store!
123 Creative, known for their Veldwerk synth, have released BigQ. It is a envelope follower/multifilter plugin. Cutoff (frequency) of the filter is controlled by the amplitude of the input signal. The louder you play, the more intensive the cutoff frequency of filter is modulated. Perfect for BASS guitar, Electric guitar and Drums.
- 4 selectable filters (low pass, high pass, band pass, peaking)
- Envelope follower module with attack and release knobs, which modulate filter´s cutoff frequency
- Envelope amount knob
- Input gain knob – louder is input signal more significantly is modulated filter frequency/cutoff
- Dry/Wet knob – set ratio between dry and wet (effected) signal
- Up/Down switch – cutoff frequency of filter can be modulated in negative or positive direction (up or down)
- Analog drive switch adds little bit of warm
- Bypass switch
Taking a look at the u-he Satin Tape Machine and speak to developer Sascha Eversmeier about the new plugin currently in beta stages.
MESSE13: U-He Satin Tape Machine We take a look at the new tape simulator and find out that you can really get under the hood
At Musikmesse, u-he is showing Satin – Tape Machine, a new plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X offering “authentic tape simulation and beyond”.
- Continuous tape speed control from 7.5 to 30 ips.
- Saturation with realistic bias and hysteresis, wow & flutter.
- Rec/repro equalisation, selectable industry-standard curves.
- Tape delay with up to 4 repro heads, on-the-fly flanging.
- Head adjustments, various coating formulae.
Pricing and release date TBA
Acidgrooves has announced the LSD-525 amplifier and parallel EQ plug-in with Entropy technology.
This is the first of a new breed of Plug-Ins developed by Acidgrooves that feature the Acidgrooves Entropy Technology™.
This patent pending technology brings to the Audio Plug-In world one of the characteristics of analog hardware that provides them with some of their unique sound qualities: the passage of time.
With time, capacitors, resistors, transformers and other analog components will decay and lose some of their original specifications which will effectively change the sound and personality of that particular unit.
Our technology tries to recreate exactly that.
- 4 channel parallel equalizer: bass lift, low, mid and highs.
- Mix knob for dry /wet control.
- 2 Entropy Sound Technologies: TAD & USP.
- A / B Setups, Presets, Undo & Redo capabilities.
- Designed from day one with low cpu usage in mind.
- Ideal to be used along virtual synths.
- Up to 64x oversample.
- Built-in limiter.
- Lifetime updates.
The LSD-525 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until May 11th, 2013 (regular $49 USD).
conTRAPtion is one of the most innovative VSTs to come out in recent memory, a plug-in that can take any song and convert it into trap! Created by Icelandic software company Polarfoils Industries, conTRAPtion combines elements of Southern rap music with EDM synths and sounds.
conTRAPtion opens up new directions in trap music production! This VST is guaranteed to meet the demands of today’s DJs and trapaholics everywhere.
Load any song you want and after a brief analysis conTRAPtion slows down the tempo, rolls off the low end and adds distorted 808 kicks. Then it adds syncopated hi-hats alternating between 1/8th-note and 1/16th-note patterns. The final layer is classic trap sounds like gun shots, air horns, explosions, and of course “Damn Son, Where’d You Find This?”
conTRAPtion has multiple settings. If you want a subtle track spin on it, simply apply the first setting SWAG.
If SWAG isn’t cutting it and you need to get more hard in the paint, that’s what TURNT UP is for.
The next setting, MAYBACH MUSIC, adds flair, snares, and track IDs. And when there’s no turning back and you need to turn the trap up to 11, simply apply “Damn Son, Where’d You Find This?”
conTRAPtion also has a “chopped and screwed” feature, simply flip the CHOPPED & SCREWED switch to apply the effect.
Soundtoys has just released Little MicroShift, the latest in their new Boutique plug-in series, and it’s free for a limited time.
The company tells us that Little Microshift is based on a simple, but effective studio trick for creating wide stereo tracks from mono sources. Originally done using hardware pitch shifters, as well as the original SoundToys SoundBlender plug-in, this technique has been used in pro studios as a “secret weapon” on countless vocals, guitars and more for a widening, doubling and interesting spatial effect that adds focus or power to tracks run through it. Soundtoys says that, now, three of the most popular versions of this effect are available at the touch of a button.
As in years past with Devil-Loc and Little Radiator, Little MicroShift is available free to anyone who can find a friend with a “sharing code”. They’re all over FaceBook and forums like GearSlutz and KVR Audio. Once you’ve got Little MicroShift, you can share it with your friends by using your own unique sharing code. The top share-masters win more cool stuff. The grand prize is an autographed original H3000 D/SE Ultra-Harmonizer from our Gear Closet. The promotion ends on March 29th.
Pricing and Availability:
More information here:
iZotope has announced the release of Nectar Elements, the latest addition to the Nectar family of vocal plug-in effects. Built on the same award-winning DSP as Nectar, Nectar Elements features an easy-to-use interface designed with the singer-songwriter, podcaster, or home recordist in mind. iZotope says that, with ten vocal processing effects working behind the scenes, Nectar Elements simplifies vocal production, allowing users to focus on their sound, not their set-up.
iZotope Product Manager, Brett Bunting, told us, “By introducing Nectar Elements, iZotope is pleased to offer single-click vocal production to a broader set of users. Our vocal product line is focused on great sound and simple workflow. With Nectar Elements, anyone can quickly explore a wealth of complete vocal sounds, each with unique and intuitive control.”
Nectar Elements features dozens of Style presets that let you choose between a variety of classic and creative vocal styles, from Motown to Grunge to radio-ready podcast. Easily and quickly adjust the simple controls to find your voice and make it shine.
- Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with professionally-designed Style presets in a wide variety of Genres.
- Personalize your sound with easy-to-use controls that drive sophisticated vocal processing.
- Levels: Quickly get punchy vocals with the loudness you need for consistency across your tracks.
- Space: Help settle your vocals into your mix with delays and reverbs that add ambience and “smoothing.”
- Dedicated per-Style controls: Adjust intelligent sliders that perfectly complement the Genre and Style of choice.
- EQ: Enhance and sculpt the tone of your voice, or adapt any Style to suit your sound’s needs.
- De-Esser: Easily remove unwanted “ess” sounds and sibilance using just one intelligent slider.
- Gate: Remove room tone and other unwanted noise quickly to get vocals crisp and broadcast-ready.
- Automatic Pitch Correction: Fix out-of-tune notes so you can keep those “almost perfect” takes.
Pricing and Availability:
Nectar Elements is now available for MSRP $129 USD or €99 EUR.
Additional preset packs for Nectar and Nectar Elements are available for free at www.izotope.com/nectar/presets