Silent Way Voice Controller, part of the Silent Way plug-in suite, will soon be available as a Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason. Silent Way offers deep control over analog synthesizers direct from your DAW.
For more information on Silent Way, see
Silent Way is a suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers, and especially as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system. The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound – rather, they generate signals to be used as control voltages (CVs), which can be patched into the control inputs of oscillators, filters, VCAs etc. of an analogue system. Also, with the addition of the CV Input plug-in, it is possible to bring CVs from the synth into the computer, for recording or processing.
There are currently eighteen plug-ins in the Silent Way suite – Silent Way AC Encoder, Silent Way CV Input, Silent Way CV To MIDI, Silent Way CV To OSC , Silent Way DC, Silent Way ES-4 Controller, Silent Way ES-5 Controller, Silent Way ESX-4CV Combiner, Silent Way Follower, Silent Way Learner, Silent Way LFO, Silent Way Quantizer, Silent Way SMUX, Silent Way Soundplane, Silent Way Step LFO, Silent Way Sync , Silent Way Trigger and Silent Way Voice Controller. These are described in more detail below. It is anticipated that more plug-ins will be added to the suite in the future – watch the website for product announcements.
http://www.t-racks.com for more information
The Bus Compressor is based on the mix bus VCA compressor of a worldwide known and acknowledged British mixing console from the 80′s. This legendary processor has been painstakingly analyzed and measured down to the very single active and passive component to obtain a dead on behavior that will impart that famous “glue” effect on mix tracks without any compromise.
In this tutorial we look at several applications of the plug-in: The subtle yet effective “glue effect”, compressing a drum bus from subtle to slamming or squashed, and all of the components of this plug-in including the great GRIT switch. Learn about the dual functionality of the RESET button, sidechain hi pass, and mid-side processing.
“Bus Compressor is one of the 20 professional mixing and mastering processors available in the T-RackS Custom Shop. Download the free T-RackS Custom Shop software, which comes with the Classic T-RackS Equalizer and a full metering suite, and you’ll have access to the Custom Shop, where you can try our processors before you buy.”
sonicLAB has announced the release of Cosmosƒ Plugin V1, offering its stochastic synthesizer in native plug-in formats for for Mac and Windows.
After its introduction in 2012, the most advanced stochastic synthesizer finally meets today the AU/VST plugin format. Cosmosƒ offers tremendous possibilities within a DAW environment and we are happy to present this achievement to you.
While there is an upgrade offer for the registered Cosmosƒ users, there is also an educational discount for new users.
A simple introduction to the possibilities of using Cosmosƒ Plugin V1 in a DAW. This new version is a leap in the product range and offers AU or VST compatibility on Windows or OSX platforms in 32/64bit.
Cosmosƒ Plugin V1 features
- All the features of Cosmosƒ V2.2.
- Full automation capability inside any DAW.
- Multiple instances of Cosmosƒ each with unique OSC port number.
- Multiple preset bank handling.
- Independent quantization settings for each universe.
- 32/64bit support.
Cosmosƒ Plugin V1 is available to purchase for $205 USD ($130 USD for student version). A lite version with limited features is $115 USD. Existing users of Cosmosf V2.2 can upgrade to the plugin version (PRO only) for $50 USD.
Saltline has announced Liść-verb, a freeware reverb and delay effect plug-in for Windows.
Liść-verb is a reverb and delay effect. It’s simple layout and structure can bring texture and space to any sound source, from creating strange ambience for pads to interesting musical textures for beats.
Liść-verb for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
Listen to a demo that Liść-verb has been used in to create most of the space and ambiance:
Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 5.0 is a complete rewrite of their low latency linear phase EQ plug-ins. Liny EQ is an 8 bands linear phase graphic equalizer with very low latency and comprehensive visual feedback: it processes audio signals without phase distortion, with an unusually short latency (less than 3 milliseconds). Version 5.0 has now a brand new, fully customizable user interface, and includes many new features and enhancements: premium visual feedback with EQ curves, spectrum and spectrogram displays, new EQ shapes, single and dual channels modes, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more.
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat’s Master Pack, a bundle including the company’s recommended plug-ins for mastering. A special introduction offer is available to new customers until June 15th: 25% off the plug-in and 15% off the bundle. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 3 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Other Blue Cat Audio customers can purchase the plug-in with 40% discount.
Demo versions are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats, for both Mac and PC (32 and 64-bit).
- Brand new, fully customizable user interface:
– New look and feel.
– Show/hide what you need.
– New EQ curve display.
– New instant spectrum curves display.
– New color or greyscale overlayed spectrogram view.
– New output peak levels meters.
– Multiple display sizes.
– Improved readability.
– Animated transitions.
- New “mix” parameter for instant dry/wet control or side chain dynamic equalization.
- New interpolation mode for up to four different EQ shapes.
- Now includes both single and dual channels versions and superseds the three plug-ins previously included in the Blue Cat’s Liny EQ Pack bundle.
- Spectrum and spectrogram displays can be frozen to capture spectral snapshots.
- New integrated presets manager:
– Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface.
– Organize presets with folders.
– Customize the default preset.
– Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 5: 74 EUR or $96 (instead of 99 EUR or $129) , until June 15th. Upgrade from Blue Cat’s Liny EQ 4: 19 EUR or $25. Blue Cat’s Master Pack: 390 EUR or $509 (instead of 459 EUR or $599), until June 15th.
Sugar Bytes awarded effects plugin TURNADO is now available for the iPad!
It features the full Turnado software with 24 effects which can be turned on and off
using big knobs.
For better iPad experience, we added a nice audio player, 4 XY pads and more!
Sugar Bytes Turnado, now on the App Store!
123 Creative, known for their Veldwerk synth, have released BigQ. It is a envelope follower/multifilter plugin. Cutoff (frequency) of the filter is controlled by the amplitude of the input signal. The louder you play, the more intensive the cutoff frequency of filter is modulated. Perfect for BASS guitar, Electric guitar and Drums.
- 4 selectable filters (low pass, high pass, band pass, peaking)
- Envelope follower module with attack and release knobs, which modulate filter´s cutoff frequency
- Envelope amount knob
- Input gain knob – louder is input signal more significantly is modulated filter frequency/cutoff
- Dry/Wet knob – set ratio between dry and wet (effected) signal
- Up/Down switch – cutoff frequency of filter can be modulated in negative or positive direction (up or down)
- Analog drive switch adds little bit of warm
- Bypass switch
Taking a look at the u-he Satin Tape Machine and speak to developer Sascha Eversmeier about the new plugin currently in beta stages.
MESSE13: U-He Satin Tape Machine We take a look at the new tape simulator and find out that you can really get under the hood
At Musikmesse, u-he is showing Satin – Tape Machine, a new plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X offering “authentic tape simulation and beyond”.
- Continuous tape speed control from 7.5 to 30 ips.
- Saturation with realistic bias and hysteresis, wow & flutter.
- Rec/repro equalisation, selectable industry-standard curves.
- Tape delay with up to 4 repro heads, on-the-fly flanging.
- Head adjustments, various coating formulae.
Pricing and release date TBA
Acidgrooves has announced the LSD-525 amplifier and parallel EQ plug-in with Entropy technology.
This is the first of a new breed of Plug-Ins developed by Acidgrooves that feature the Acidgrooves Entropy Technology™.
This patent pending technology brings to the Audio Plug-In world one of the characteristics of analog hardware that provides them with some of their unique sound qualities: the passage of time.
With time, capacitors, resistors, transformers and other analog components will decay and lose some of their original specifications which will effectively change the sound and personality of that particular unit.
Our technology tries to recreate exactly that.
- 4 channel parallel equalizer: bass lift, low, mid and highs.
- Mix knob for dry /wet control.
- 2 Entropy Sound Technologies: TAD & USP.
- A / B Setups, Presets, Undo & Redo capabilities.
- Designed from day one with low cpu usage in mind.
- Ideal to be used along virtual synths.
- Up to 64x oversample.
- Built-in limiter.
- Lifetime updates.
The LSD-525 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until May 11th, 2013 (regular $49 USD).