Commodore 64 SID chip drums for Ableton Live drum racks. This is a cool collection of retro 8-bit drum sounds. There are effects assigned to macro knobs to allow for extreme glitching and subtle finessing.
Download here: http://bit.ly/freesynth51
Samples provided by: http://bedroomproducersblog.com
One of the cool things about drum racks is the ability to give the instrument its own send and return channels. It’s a very convenient way to add effects to your sounds without setting up additional channels in your Live set. So, I’ve given the Commodore 64 drums three effect sends. There is reverb which also has control over the reverb time. Next is a delay, set to repitch, mode, allowing for some cool analog delay effects. And finally, a New York Style or Parallel compression. This is a really useful effect for drum sounds because it allows you to squeeze and beef up your sound, but also retains the dynamics of the original. The rack has control of the pitch of the samples, allowing you to raise or drop them by 48 steps. As you might imagine, this drastically changes things up. Finally there is Ableton’s Arpeggiator effect, which can be helpful in creating rhythmical patterns.
BPB’s Tomislav Zlatic has released a free sample library, Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions, that features classic C64 sounds:
I’ve released the first part of what will be the “Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions” free sample pack series. The sounds were created in the MSSIAH Mono Synthesizer running on my Commodore 64 with the SID 8580 chip installed. All samples are recorded and kept 100% dry for maximum authenticity.
The goal is to capture famous SID sounds, as well as some classic synth sounds you wouldn’t expect to hear coming from a Commodore 64. The first pack includes two classic lead sounds and one called Rainy Metropolis, inspired by Yamaha CS-80 sounds used by Vangelis in the Blade Runner opening sequence.
Listen to a preview below:
Details and download are available at BPB.
“This is a video using the Fastfingers Lead Synthesizer software for Commodore 64 and my drumming. I added a new Lightshow feature to Fastfingers, which changes the color of the screen in time with the music.
All of the sounds are C64 Fastfingers sounds except for my drumming.”
Here’s an upcoming box from Mode Machines called SID. Apparently there’s some controversy over it’s design (link). Chris Randall took the photo above at NAMM. It should go for about $600 USD.
“SID is an 8-Bit desktop synthesizer with a double personality. It’s simplistic layout and ease of use delivers pleasure at the first touch and it’s familiar step sequencer will have you programming patterns and beats in no time. 3 expression knobs control the key features of each Patch for instant results. But don’t let it’s simplicity fool you: The supplied SID STUDIO SOFTWARE enables you to tweak every parameter under the hood! Draw and design your patches with instant feedback from the SID. Also check out the NERD-PANEL, a powerful interactive blueprint which enables you to address the chip one pin at a time – also a great educational tool.” – modemachines.com
For more info: modemachines.com
Live remix of an “Alien” main theme composed by Paul Clansey back in 1984. “We live as we dream: alone”..
Game was developed by Amsoft and released for Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC.
The main theme is played by C64 with Cynthcart cartridge. Please note that Gameboys in this one are for decoration purposes only (unlike the bottle of Southern Comfort ^-^ ).
Thanks in advance for all your comments!
LIKE FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
VISIT OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
welle: erdball – Deutsche Liebe (C=64)
Offizieller Video-Clip zur Sendung “Der Kalte Krieg” (LP-CD)
Eine Funkhausproduktion (c)2012
A short video introducing ZX Plectrum.
Universal app available on ipod and iphone! Play the ZX Specturm loading sounds as a musical instrument on your iPhone/iPod/iPad!
Relive the crisp sounds of your youth!
Change the loading phase and pitch to make some weird but familiar sounds!
>> “Made this video with an ipod and nothing else, maybe I’m getting old but that impressed me!”
For all you C64 fans out there:
“Live demo of one of my songs.
Bassline is played by an good old C64 equipped with Cynthcart.
Tune is called “we ain’t finished yet” and has been featured on DEAD PIXELS long play.
In 2009 I began experimenting with SID chiptune (built-in sound generator chip of Commodore 64), and Cynthcart to create a blend of original 8bit sound from the 80′s and Rock music. ”
Download FULL albums completely FREE @
de la mancha Basic 64 if you like the old bit sounds of old video games, then you will love this free vst plugin filled with old commedore 64 type sounds.
for more information visit
It’s not a straight emulation, but is based around the SID chip with some extras for that 8-bit retro game sound, lofi gritty noises or just plain oddness
- 16, 8 or 6 bit sound quality
- 3 oscs, each with their own ADSR envelope
- oscillators can be sync’d and ring modulated by each other
- pitch envelope modulation
- pitch wobble option, for subtle instability
- 2 tempo-sync LFO’s to modulate pitch, cut-off and pulse width
- LFO’s have attack/release curves
- tempo-sync arpegiator
- flexible routing to state variable filter (LP, HP&BP)
- envelopes can be reset or continuous at retrigger
- monophonic or polyphonic option
- midi learn / midi CC support
- 128 presets by sinkmusic&WhiskeyPriest
de la Mancha has announced the release of basic 65, a monophonic synth, inspired by the classic 80s home computer, the Commodore 64 and its legendary SID chip.
Building on the waveforms and signal path of this famous chip, basic 65 adds further features and options to take things a step further.
The double arpeggiator allows complex versions of that retro 8-bit game sound and the modulation options inspire experimentation via the mod envelope and 2 comprehensive LFOs. Pulse width modulation, ring modulation and oscillator detune/sync are key ingredients in the signature sound. Throw in some pitch drift, bit drift, a sprinkle of dirt and randomisation and you have a wide range of lofi, chiptune, retro-tastic sounds at your disposal.
This version is the update to the popular basic 64, redesigned from scratch, with many improvements, new features and all new presets. basic 65 was co-developed with sink, who also made the amazing presets.
Basic 65 features
- Monophonic synth in VST format for Windows based hosts.
- 3 oscillators with pulse, saw, triangle and noise waveforms.
- Pulse width can be modulated by envelope or both LFOs [NEW - pwm modulated by envelope].
- Each oscillator can be sync’d to another and/or ring modulated by another.
- Each oscillator has its own ADSR envelope and can be routed to filter individually.
- Resonant filter with low pass, high pass, band pass and notch modes [NEW - notch mode added].
- 2 tempo-sync Arpeggiators in series for complex arp sounds [NEW - 2nd arp, added arp patterns].
- Arp tempo, range and note length can be adjusted [NEW - more tempo-sync options, note length knob].
- Modulation envelope can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators as well as filter and dirt [NEW - modulates pwm, cut-off, res, dirt].
- 2 tempo-sync LFOs with wide range of waveforms, including random [NEW - more waveforms, more tempo-sync options, added phase].
- Both LFOs can control pulse width and pitch of individual oscillators [NEW - individual oscillator pitch and pwm].
- One LFO also controls filter and dirt, the other can modulate the depth and speed of the first LFO [NEW - modulates res, dirt and LFO1].
- Envelopes are non-linear and can be retriggered from zero or smoothed on each new note [NEW - separate smooth for amp and mod envelopes].
- Pitch drift models instability with variable depth and frequency [NEW - depth and frequency added].
- Options for 4, 6, 8, 12 or 16 bit audio with randomising feature [NEW - added randomising, added 4 bit and 12 bit].
- Developed with SE 1.1, so no problems with multiple instances [NEW].
- 128 presets by sink covering arps, leads, bass, drums and lofi sounds [NEW - all new presets].
- basic 64 is also included in the download.
Basic 65 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $24 USD. A free copy of dirty harry and PULS is included with a purchase until October 7, 2011.