The ever inventing Jordan Rudess (Dream Theatre) is exploring his own apps, details below:
A fun look at the apps created by Wizdom Music.
Our website is: http://www.wizdommusic.com/
You can now follow us on twitter at @wizdommusicapps
The keyboard I’m using is IK Multimedia’s iRig keyboard.
It plugs directly into my iOS devices and does not need additional power or a midi interface! Also I used the awesome Looptastic app by Soundtrends for some backing track help.
Geo Synthesizer, SpaceWiz, MorphWiz and SampleWiz
Gestrument – the revolutionary gesture instrument! Swipe your finger to play – it has never been easier to make music!
LAUNCH OFFER! Gestrument is offered at this discounted price until January 10:th 2013
See videos and read more about Gestrument on www.gestrument.com
Developed by Jesper Nordin (www.jespernordin.com) and Jonatan Liljedahl (www.kymatica.com)
• Play and compose music with the swipe of your finger
• An intuitive tool for composers in all genres
• Generate music within defined scales and rhythms
• The ultimate tool for making truly new music in any genre
• Improvise freely within a fully controlled musical framework
• Use the internal GM sound bank or your favorite MIDI synthesizer
• Use Gestrument to control other iOS apps or external MIDI programs through a MIDI interface or Network MIDI
• Create and save your own presets and share with your friends or download new presets from www.gestrument.com
Improvise or compose within the scales and rhythms you choose. Use parameters like pulse density, scale morphing, rhythm randomness or pitch fluctuation to find new paths for your musical expression and creativity. Use the tutorials or define your own settings to fit the musical style you want to play and compose in. Play on up to eight instruments at once – all with different individual settings.
Gestrument works equally well for rhythmic music or sweeping soundscapes, for solo melodies or chord blocks, for long lines or short staccatos. It can help you make music in whichever genre you can imagine.
Gestrument works directly with its built in sounds and is therefore perfect for the amateur or beginner who wants to make music in an intuitive way. But it is first and foremost built for professional musicians and composers who can work with the settings to build advanced theoretical frameworks that they can later improvise or compose within.
A tool for producing electronic music, based on the interaction of the Rubik’s Cube, B.A. Thesis project at Muthesius Academy Of Fine Arts And Design by Hauke Scholz
Video shot and edited by Stefan Horak
Short intro video to show Tone2′s new synthesis called IMS and the forthcoming release of Tone2 Rayblaster.
Tone2 tells us that Impulse Modeling Synthesis (IMS) is a radically new and different approach to synthetic sound generation, based on the latest research in psychoacoustics. It’s first exponent, Rayblaster creates its characterful sound from many short bursts of energy, then combined to form a more complex sound.
Tone2 says that this innovative and unique approach to synthesis is very close to what happens within the human inner ear, sounds more authentic and gives you access to a wide range of sounds.
- Revolutionary new synthesis method
- Access completely new sonic territory
- High-end sound quality
- Create professional sounds with character and impossible with any other synthesizer
- Lets your music stand out from the crowd!
- Professional sound quality that is never muddy and fits well into the mix
- Sounds more detailed, pleasant, fat and louder than conventional synths
- Independent control over pitch, timing and timbre
- Filter import: Mimic filters of other synthesizers or create your own fantasy filters.
- Resynthesis allows easy import & manipulation of your own sounds
- Huge sonic range and very flexible
- Easy to use & fun to play
- Over 500 ready-to-use sounds by professional designers
- Psychoacoustic processing
- Low CPU
- Fair price
Pricing and Availability:
Rayblaster will out for Mac & PC in December 2012
New iPad audio chopper app. See http://www.touchsynth.com for more information.
iterator is an inspiring sample based musical instrument with a stylistic interface. The premise is simple: The x-axis controls the sample playback position. The y-axis controls the repeat speed. The result is surprisingly musical.
Create your own soundscapes using any of the built-in 75+ samples from over 25 artists, including Richard Devine, Parallel Worlds, Toppobrillo, Atomic Shadow, and many more. Or, supply your own .mp3s through iTunes.
Akai Professional’s top product specialist Andy Mac came down to make demonstration of the new MPC Renaissance.
“Fusing Akai Professional’s legendary MPC layout and workflow with the power of your computer, MPC Renaissance is an unrivaled instrument for music production. The new flagship is a fully integrated hardware/software system: MPC Renaissance allows you to create using classic hardware controls and an integrated pop-up display, while its exclusive MPC Software empowers you with unprecedented, expandable production capabilities on your Mac or PC.”
MPC Renaissance Hardware
- Fuses legendary MPC production with the processing power of your computer
- Vintage Mode changes output sound character to MPC3000, MPC60 and more
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, 16 Q-Link controls, and adjustable backlit LCD screen
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing and MPC transport controls
- MPC SOFTWARE for Mac or PC with 128-track sequencing capability
- Two XLR-1/4” combo inputs and dedicated turntable input
- Four-channel USB 2.0 audio interface and two-port USB 2.0 hub built in
- Up to eight pad banks―more than any other MPC ever
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Stereo 1/4” out, stereo assignable mix 1/4” out & S/PDIF I/O
- 128-track sequencing capability
- Up to eight pad banks — more than any other MPC ever
- Massive 9GB+ sound library, including all the sounds of the classic MPC3000
- Includes The Bank plus three additional free MPC Expansions
- Instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins
- Record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program, or VST/AU plugin
- Works alone as your main DAW or works seamlessly with your current studio as a VST, RTAS, or AU plugin
- Supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND
- Supports samples and sequences from any MPC ever made
- Compatible with Mac and PC
Consisting of HALion Sonic, Padshop Pro, Retrologue, Hypnotic Dance, Triebwerk and Dark Planet, the Absolute VST Instrument Collection offers thousands of sounds, advanced technology and state-of-the-art sound design for contemporary music production, composing and live performance. Absolute combines exceptional quality and premium value at a fantastic price.
• 6 high-quality VST instruments comprising thousands of presets
• HALion Sonic is Steinberg’s premier VST workstation, featuring the latest sampling and synthesis technologies, a world-class library and an intelligent user interface that excels in the studio as well as on stage.
• Padshop Pro introduces a new way of granular sound design. Get yourself ready for out-of-this-world atmospheres and far-out effects.
• Zero Gravity is the exceptional expansion pack for Padshop Pro and comes with 250 new presets and a fully loaded new SoftGrain Wave ROM.
• Retrologue offers old-school analog synth sounds and biting sonic blocks and is ideal for creating fat and funky lead and bass sounds.
• Hypnotic Dance is a treasure trove for electronic music producers with solid bass lines, cutting leads and beautifully textured pads.
• Triebwerk is the go-to choice for club-worthy dance sounds including soaring synths, four-to-the-floor drum kits and queasy vocals.
• Dark Planet is best-suited for cinematic scores and musical excursions, comprising creepy sounds, shattering loops and eerie instruments.
• VST 3, VST 2 and AU host compatibility.
• Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X Intel.
• Steinberg USB-eLicenser included.
Borderlands Granular jam with iPad, specs below:
Borderlands Granular is a new musical instrument for the iPad.
NOTE: Borderlands Granular is designed for iPad 2 and 3. It will run on the iPad 1, but with potentially slower performance due to the heavy requirements of the audio processing.
Explore, touch, and transform sound with this new interface for granular synthesis, a technique that involves the superposition of small fragments of sound, or grains, to create complex, evolving timbres and textures.
Borderlands Granular emphasizes gestural interaction over knobs and sliders. Create, drag, and throw pulsing collections of grains over a landscape of audio files, or use the built-in accelerometer to sculpt sound with gravity. Record and share performances on the web.
More information including demo videos and examples is available at www.borderlands-granular.com
Doepfer Filter & iPad BORDERLANDS & BOSS SE-70
Mode Machines App is used as a MIDI controller with virtual instruments.
A new and fresh way to workout, train and get fit to music. Fresh and energizing, high quality generated sounds, electro beats and sequences that constantly evolve. Stimulating, sometimes hypnotic – the music is there with you in the background while you train and it’s different every time. Designed to keep you alert and at pace to the beat that suits you. You choose the speed and the music is generated for you as you go.
Have you ever been to the gym and find yourself running or cycling to the background beat? If you find a good beat that you can synchronize with, you often find you can push yourself harder. It is a bit like dancing. How many times have you listened to your favourite music but the beat is too slow or too fast or your playlist has a few tracks that do not work well while exercising? Well now you can set your own speed to train to. This will help you go that bit further by locking on to the pace of the beat that you choose.
Progressive electro beats and grooves are constantly evolving. Influences range from House, 80′s electro to Dub-Step. Its not all just random! There are rules that have been created and the beats and melodies are all created from these rules. As with the nature of this app, there may be the odd time when the music is not to your liking so there is a “dislike” button which will completely re-generate the current song. Every ‘song’ gradually mixes into a new one when it is finished. Remember this is background music to train to so although you wont get a musical masterpiece, you will usually get electrifying electro goodness to keep pace to. Includes built-in audio effects.
To use: Press “go” then tap the “TAP” button to your pace. Use the + and – buttons to refine the speed. If the music becomes uninspiring or a bit crazy then tap the unhappy face or you can wait a few minutes as it will eventually change.
Pressing “stop” twice will reset the stopwatch. You can change the exercise graphics from running to cycling or rowing.
Warning: Do not set the BPM too high at first. Give yourself 5-10 minutes at a moderately easy speed to make sure you can keep up. This app is designed to help push you further by locking on to the beat of the music so make sure it is not set too high. If you feel out of breath or faint, stop immediately.