The Ableton Magic Racks: Creative FX pack features 5 powerful Ableton racks for complex FX processing and creation.
Take your FX creation and manipulation to the next level with the third instalment of our best-selling Ableton Magic Racks series.
Creative FX serves up five unique racks designed for intricate FX processing with the most intuitive of macro controls.
The Creative FX pack is available for purchase for £9.90 GBP.
Acoustic Drum Layers features a collection of live drum layers, grooves, textures, fills and more.
Drums sounding flat? Rhythms lacking groove? Acoustic Drum Layers is here to save the day with 175 superlative live drum layers, rhythms, textures and fills primed to inject a humanistic feel and acoustic timbres into the most tired of programmed beats.
The Acoustic Drum Layers sample pack costs £14.90 GBP.
AfroDJMac has released Univox Bass Lucy, a free Live Pack featuring a sampled Univox bass from the 70′s.
Free Download @ http://bit.ly/freesynth107
Multi-sampled bass guitar instrument for Ableton Live. Created from samples of a Univox Bass guitar. The bass can be heard on this track: https://soundcloud.com/afrodjmac/id-n…
Visit AfroDJMac’s site for more stuff like this, including Live Instrument downloads, tutorials and music! http://www.afrodjmac.com
I’ve had a lot of experience recording this bass, and I’m often torn on how to best record it. Running it through a bass amp is usually my first choice, but I also really like how it sounds coming out of my guitar amp. So what I did while sampling was run the bass through an SWR bass amp and my Fender Deluxe tube guitar amp. Also, I put up an AKG C414 mic in the room to capture both amps simultaneously. On the Ableton device, you can mix the three signals together to meet your taste.
When you pluck a string on a bass, it will always sound slightly different. So to emulate that, I recorded 3 different samples of each note that I recorded. I set the LFO in Sampler to play any of these three samples at random. That means that any melody you play will always sound slightly different. Even a MIDI clip will never loop in exactly the same way with the same samples. You will always get a bit of subtle variation, just as you would with a real bass player.
Novation has introduced the Launch Control XL – a new MIDI controller that they call ‘the ultimate controller for Ableton Live’.
According to Novation, the Launch Control XL helps you focus more on your music and less on your laptop, by providing 16 buttons, 24 knobs and eight faders, all of which integrate seamlessly with Live.
- Hands-on control over Ableton Live
- Tweak your sound using 24 knobs with multicoloured indicators
- Precise control over levels with eight rugged faders
- Create your own control layouts, by freely assigning any control to any function in Ableton
- Plug straight into Mac, PC or iPad and start performing
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate track focus and key mixer controls
- Includes Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection
- Control MIDI-compatible iOS software via Camera Connection Kit
- Launch Control is powered via USB bus power
Remember dial tones, ring back tones, busy signals? This Free Ableton Live Instrument gives you samples of them all, so you can use them in your own productions.
Free download: http://bit.ly/freesynth106
Visit his site for more stuff like this, including Live Instrument downloads, tutorials and music! http://www.afrodjmac.com
Cluster Sound has announced Multiman, a free Ableton Live library featuring the sounds of the Multiman-S string synthesizer.
Released in the 1977 by the Italian Crumar, the Multiman-S (called Orchestrator in the USA) is a fully polyphonic orchestral string synthesizer. Used by artists like Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk, this vintage analog machine appears both in ‘70s rock songs and old school electronic tracks.
Multiman is a Live Pack is based on 5 multi-sample recordings obtained by sampling the five preset sounds: Brass, Piano, Clavichord, Cello and Violin. Multiman delivers 25 Live Presets each of which consists of 61 perfecly looped samples (each note of the 5-octave keyboard).
- 140 MB conent, 24-bits/44.1kHz.
- 6 multi-sample recordings (332 samples).
- One sample per note (5 octaves).
- Perfect loop-points (no crossfading).
- 25 Live Presets.
- Sampler/Simpler compatible.
The sound pack is a free download at Cluster Sound. Requires Ableton Live 9.
Ableton has introduced the Recording Hybrid Kit, a free multi-sampled, multi-velocity Yamaha drumset by Drumdrops.
The drums that comprise Recording Hybrid Kit were specially selected from several different Yamaha drumsets in order to provide a well-balanced and versatile Drum Racks. The individual drum voices were sampled at multiple velocities and are available in up to 16 steps for each articulation.
Recording Hybrid Kit works well at various tuning pitches, and its big size and its classic Ludwig 402 snare sound makes it especially suitable for rock and pop.
The kit is a free download at Ableton.
Puremagnetik has released Synbotik – A library of DK Synergy sounds for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic.
Synbotik brings the famous old-school, early digital flavor of the DK Synergy into this decade. With only an estimated 100 units still functioning in the world, this is a rare piece of synthesizer history that has now been reprogrammed for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic. It even includes the legendary program cartridges inspired by Wendy Carlos.
• Raw “cartridge” programs based on the original Synergy sounds.
• Expertly crafted Ableton Live Racks with easy edit Macros.
• A selection of Ableton “Push Ready” Racked presets for sound design inspiration.
• A custom Kontakt KSP GUI that puts the original instrument’s functionality at your fingertips.
• Raw “cartridge” waveforms and “multi” programs for Apple Logic’s EXS sampler.
• Requires Ableton Live 9.1 and higher, Logic 10 and higher, or Kontakt 5 and higher
• 700 Megabytes (MB) of free hard disk space
Synbotik is available for USD $15 athttp://tmblr.co/ZChkUy1Cet1Yy
For more information, visit http://www.puremagnetik.com
Tutorial: How to integrate iPad effects apps such as Echo Pad and Swoopster in your productions using the iConnectMidi2+ with Audio passThru, allowing you to route audio and MIDI to and from the iPad with a single cable.
Audiomodern has release Snare Comp [Rack] – a free download for Ableton Live.
The free Live rack is described as ‘a hard snare compressor’.
LIVKONTROL – an Ableton Live controller previously available for iOS – is now available for Android devices.
Here’s what the developers have to say about it:
LIVKONTROL aims to deliver the best possible experience controlling Ableton Live remotely. Boasting an extremely simple yet functional design, all the main control features are at a distance of a finger. Alternative application views are toggled via multitouch gestures for a even simpler usage experience.
LIVKONTROL is also considered by users as the easier and most responsive Ableton Live remote controller for mobile devices due to it’s plug & play connection to Ableton Live, using LKBRIDGE.
- Remotely control your Live session
- Easy to set up
- Scrollable viewport for full scene access
- Scene launch buttons with scene name
- Clips reflect color, name, play status and position
- 8 MIDI sliders for custom MIDI assignment
- Mute, stop, solo and arm tracks
- Control track volumes and pan easily in a and space saving format
- Interface lock feature
- Song play, stop, record and tempo control
- Metronome control
- Tempo tap up and down
- Quantization selection
In order to use LIVKONTROL, it is necessary to download and install LKBRIDGE, the required connection software. Windows and Mac OSX version are available.
LIVKONTROL for Android is available now, with a free version, a $9.99 basic version and a $29.99 Pro version.