The Therevox ET-4.1 is an analog continuous pitch instrument inspired by the interface of the rare Ondes Martenot.
Each oscillator has six different waveforms, including the classic sine wave of the Electro-Theremin and the Ondes Martenot’s unique octiviant and white noise settings. Each oscillator can be tuned separately, or synched to create intervals or interesting harmonics. Oscillator 2 can also be set to a consistent note or used as an LFO to modulate the filter. The internal low-pass filter with variable cutoff frequency is used to shape the sound and this can also be controlled with an external expression pedal or CV source.
Details and Specifications
- Two independent temperature compensated analog oscillators with sync function
- Six octave positions for each oscillator covering C0 to C8
- Six waveforms (sine, triangle, rectified sine/octiviant, 50% pulse, 30% pulse, 10% pulse (white noise on Osc 2)
- Adjustable ring with metal reinforced wire
- Replaceable reference keyboard with alternatives available (ex: lapsteel, specific scales, microtonal)
- Dual wooden pressure-sensitive intensity keys with approx. 3/4″ travel
- Low-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency (can be controlled by expression pedal or external CV)
- Internal spring reverb with dry+wet mix control
- “Silent” tuner output, switchable between oscillators
- Line-level (+3db) output with volume control
- Control Voltage (CV) outputs for ring position (1V/octave) and both intensity keys (0 – 10V)
- 16VAC power input
- Dimensions: 30 x 11 x 4″
- Includes: Printed manual, power supply (110-120V and 220-240V Available) and extension cable.
- Made in Canada
The Therevox ET-4.1 is priced at US $1475.
New synthetic instrument for Reaktor:Googlish:
From Córdoba, Argentina Córdoba but Martin Castro and Mauricio Piombo sent us some incredible instruments, Synthetic Instruments Reaktor ensembles to generate quite complex sounds and textures as is typical autechre, which certainly does not leave you indifferent. We have loved all your devices, also has a wide range, sound generators (RA1D3N v1 – SOUND GENERATOR), the beatbox Flash Dance (Matrix Drum Machine), the synthesizer wavetable rhythms (SINESTESYNTH – RHYTHMS WAVETABLE SYNTHESIZER ), and the synth TERRA INC0GN1TA – (sYNTH PADS) Flash Dance – Matrix Drum Machine:
UVI has released WaveRunner, a library of seven hybrid instruments inspired by synths, drum machines and rare prototypes of esteemed German heritage.
WaveRunner presents you with a collection of authentic and fascinating sounds from over 30 years of wavetable synthesis. Everything from the raw and strident origins to the wild evolving tones of more modern, full-featured machines.
Each system addressed was serviced, meticulously multi-sampled and artfully designed into seven unique hybrid instruments driven by over 30,000 samples.
- WaveRunner 360: Based on a very old and quite rare machine, WaveRunner 360 delivers a raw and lo-fi sound.
- WaveRunner Terminal D: Including sounds from vintage prototype drum modules, synths and modern rack drum synths.
- WaveRunner Terminal U: Built on a generous collection of sounds from the entire range.
- WaveRunner 2.0: Based on the original German blue.
- WaveRunner 2.3: Similar to the 2.0 but with a distinctly different flavor, WaveRunner 2.3 is built on the upgraded German classic and its loquacious programming pal.
- WaveRunner Orange: Based on the modern flagship wavetable synthesizers famed in the 90′s and 00′s.
- WaveRunner X: An collection of raw waves harvested from the entire range of machines come together in this fresh and powerful dual-layer subtractive synth; capable of deep, modulating ambiances, brutal basses and uncanny leads.
The WaveRunner library for UVI and MachFive is available to purchase for $299 USD.
Waldorf Zarenbourg is a pretty, chunky, digital piano. It has a certain amount of internal sounds (physically modeled, sampled and fm synthesized). On this video, a quick run on the internal preset. Audio out goes straight into digital recorder.
Another quick run on the internal presets (Tine, Bars, Reeds, Clavi, CP Piano, FM Piano, Grand Piano…) contained into Waldorf Zarenbourg digital piano. Audio goes straight into digital recorder.
When Waldorf introduced the Zarenbourg in 2006, this piano was one of a very small minority. It had dawned on us that few contemporary instruments offered electric pianists and keyboardists that elusive quality called soul. Reduced to the essentials, this rare breed of instrument does one thing so well that it grows on the player, becoming an extension of body and mind. It has that magical touch of purism that all-in-one devices lack. So we aimed high, achieving a sound nothing short of sublime. And we conjured a look that blends the hallmarks of classic designs with a more contemporary clean and cool vibe.
Handling is intuitive, not inquisitive. No more fussing with cords for this and that; simply power up, play, and possess instantly satisfying sound for player and audience alike. Its aluminum hood offers a sturdy perch for your other favorite instrument, and its integrated speaker system can render the piggybacked device’s signal. Let your laptop roost on this tower of power, and you can control plug-ins via USB and monitor the results via the Zarenbourg’s audio input.
Gospel Musicians has released two new electric pianos for Neo-Soul Keys for iPad and updates to version 2.0.
- Neo-Soul EX5 is an electric piano library that uses the EP synthesis technology from the Yamaha EX5 synthesizer. Gospel Musicians sampled their electric piano through the FDSP engine of the EX5 to simulate the physical modeled expression of an EP pickup. There is a new dedicated knob that will control more of the EP Pickup sound.
- Neo-Soul Dyno is an emulation of the popular “Dyno-My-Piano.” Utilizing wavetable and sampling techniques Gospel Musicians designed it to achieve an extremely expressive and playable emulation of a Dyno electric piano sound.
There are other minor bug fixes and improvements as well as a new chorus algorithm that is intended to be warmer and richer than the previous version.
Price: Each electric piano is $9.99
All sounds & instruments are from WaveRunner, which will be released on August 1st. Additional drums from PlugSound Pro.
A multitude of synths, drum machines and rare prototypes of esteemed German heritage come together in this massive and unparalleled retrospective. WaveRunner presents you with a wondrous collection of authentic and fascinating sounds from over 30 years of wavetable synthesis. Everything from the raw and strident origins to the wild evolving tones of more modern, full-featured machines. Each system addressed was serviced, meticulously multi-sampled and artfully designed into 7 unique hybrid instruments driven by over 30,000 samples. Both a historical archive of sound and a collection of new and unique instruments with hundreds of presets and limitless sound design potential, WaveRunner is a suite not to be missed.
WaveRunner includes 7 instruments:
Based on a very old and quite rare machine, WaveRunner 360 delivers a raw and lo-fi sound. Explore the origins of wavetable synthesis and let loose with ripping vintage timbres.
WaveRunner Terminal D
Including sounds from vintage prototype drum modules, synths and modern rack drum synths, Terminal D is an uncompromising drum machine with an impressive range of sounds and easy to use interface.
WaveRunner Terminal U
Built on a generous collection of sounds from the entire range, Terminal U is a powerful and dynamic multitrack phrase sequencer capable of generating everything from tight rhythmic chains to wild and evolving passages.
Based on the original German blue, WaveRunner 2.0 delivers an uncommonly warm and vintage tone from an often overlooked classic known for its amazing analog filter.
Similar to the 2.0 but with a distinctly different flavor, WaveRunner 2.3 is built on the upgraded German classic and its loquacious programming pal.
Based on the modern flagship wavetable synthesizers famed in the ’90’s and ’00s, WaveRunner Orange delivers the modern sound of wavetable synthesis covering the gamut from lush bells to violent and evolving tones.
An extraordinary collection of raw waves harvested from the entire range of machines come together in this fresh and powerful dual-layer subtractive synth; capable of deep, modulating ambiances, brutal basses and uncanny leads.
*PPG and Waldorf are trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated, endorsed, connected or sponsored in any way to this website or any of our affiliate sites ; therefore do not be confused between UVI and PPG or Waldorf.
Machine Machine (2013) is a 32″ touchscreen installation that functions as an electronic instrument. Granular synthesis is used to loop “grains” of sound and video at variable lengths and frequencies. These parameters are based on the y-axis of the touch point on the monitor. The x-axis determines the position of the grain within the timeline. The piece was exhibited last month at the Northrup King Building in Minneapolis during Art-a-Whirl and for Visual Storage; the MCAD MFA thesis exhibition.
Within the piece there are five different segments that can be manipulated. Each segment provides the sound and visuals of a particular machine doing its job. These include a magnetic scrap crane, a train engine, a hydraulic metal cutter, tanker cars, and foot traffic. The video demonstrates some of the range and subtlety possible with the device.
See more at: http://audiocookbook.org/machine-mach…
Gestrument controlled by a Kinect camera! Download our free Beta software to connect your own Kinect to Gestrument at www.gestrument.com
Performances in the video by Jesper Nordin/Trio Trespassing, Oskar Landström/Jesper Nordin and TrioTrespassing/Västerås Sinfonietta conducted by Johannes Gustavsson.
• Play and compose music with the swipe of your finger
• An intuitive tool for composers in all genres
• Generate music within defined scales and rhythms
• The ultimate tool for making truly new music in any genre
• Improvise freely within a fully controlled musical framework
• Use your favorite MIDI synth or play with the internal GM sound bank
Swipe your finger to play – it has never been easier to make music! Gestrument is an intuitive app for the beginner and a powerful tool for the professional. With Gestrument, you can play and compose music in any genre, with just the swipe of your fingers. Improvise or compose within the scales and rhythms you choose. Use parameters like pulse density, scale morphing, rhythm randomness or pitch fluctuation to find new paths for your musical expression and creativity. Use the tutorials or define your own settings to fit the musical style you want to play and compose in. Play on up to eight instruments at once – all with different individual settings.
Gestrument works equally well for rhythmic music or sweeping soundscapes, for solo melodies or chord blocks, for long lines or short staccatos. It can help you make music in whichever genre you can imagine. Gestrument works directly with its built in sounds and is therefore perfect for the amateur or beginner who wants to make music in an intuitive way. But it is first and foremost built for professional musicians and composers who can work with the settings to build advanced theoretical frameworks that they can later improvise within.
Back in August 2007, Keyboard got a look at Page McConnell’s onstage rig. See and hear his array of vintage and analog gear.
Page McConnell is an American multi-instrumentalist most noted for his work as a songwriter and keyboardist with the American rock band Phish. In addition to being a member of Phish since 1985, McConnell has had several other musical liaisons during his career, including a trio named Vida Blue. He released his first solo album, featuring original compositions, in 2007.
Sonivox has announced that their Vocalizer Pro, a Vocoder musical instrument:
Vocalizer Pro allows the creation of simple or intricate vocal harmonies that can extend far beyond the natural limitations of the voice. One preset has the ability of producing thousands of different results—depending on the audio source. The original Vocalizer is known for its ability to process any type of vocal, percussive or melodic audio track; Vocalizer Pro expands on these capabilities. Using SONiVOX?s Polaris spectral synthesis engine, Vocalizer Pro can transform any audio input “into a synthesizer,” for “deep and complex” musical results.
“We created Vocalizer Pro to provide a truly unique experience. These snapshot pads give you endless ways to be expressive and creative,” says Jason Jordan, Head of Soundware at SONiVOX. “For each pad, every automatable parameter can be set to a different setting. It’s almost as if every pad is a completely different patch, allowing the performer to instantly switch between parameter settings. People are really going to have a lot fun with Vocalizer Pro.”
Sonivox Vocalizer Pro supports AU, VST, or RTAS formats, and is compatible with 32- or 64-bit Mac or Windows systems. The MSRP is $199.99 (USD).