Notable changes to FL Studio 10.5 (beta)
- Performance Mode - Trigger Clips using your mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller.
- New controllers supported - APC20/40, Launchpad, Block, MASCHINE / MASCHINE MIKRO, padKONTROL
- Unique controller MIDI input port - Controllers can now be assigned unique input & output ports for feedback.
- Linking includes MIDI input port - Links now use MIDI input ports to avoid conflict between controllers
- New Content Library – The content library has received a complete overhaul based on user input.
- Options > Project general settings > Play truncated notes in clips – Restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips.
- Horizontal/Vertical movement locking – Shift (horizontal lock) & Ctrl (vertical lock) when moving items.
- Piano roll click & hold functions – Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity change, Mouse wheel tool select.
- Piano roll - Brush tool: Monophonic step mode (hold shift for old behavior). Chop chords: Strum & Articulate tools.
- Improved Tap Tempo & Fine control - Updated algorithm + nudge control for Performance Mode.
- Instrument Channels - Ctrl+mouse wheel on Channel button to change the mixer track.
- Stay open sub-menus – Right click to check several menu items without closing them.
- Plugin Picker - Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
- Right-click data enter – Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
Charles Deluxe original and uncut video:
Discuss here – http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=89582
FL Studio Performance Mode Alpha Testing
Download the project here – http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?p=646813#p646813
Discuss here – http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=83958
Thanks to nucleon for the performance.
Here’s a teaser from Image Line
This is a preview of a new feature for a future FL Studio release.
“It’s very early days, this is the first iteration of the new mode. The system works by adding clips to the Playlist as you trigger them, in this way it’s also a real-time arrangement process. CPU load is similar to the project as it would play normally.
Also added basic scripting to define extra pages on the launchpad, you’re able to define actions for buttons, among transport ones, notes & controls.
Thanks to Nucleon / Electroconductor for the performance seen in this video.”
A video showing Animoog on the iPad running as a midi output device in fruity loops studio so that it can be sequenced
Just playing around with the iPad app Animoog, which I believe is still available for $0.99 at the iTunes app store. This is a huge bargain on a really really cool app. I won’t get into the specifics of the app, but if you want to know more about what Animoog is or how to use it, I recommend this YouTube video.
So, while playing around with the Animoog app, if you go into the setup menu there is a selection under ‘Refresh MIDI input(s)’ where you can select ‘Off’ or ‘Network Session 1′. This intrigued me! Apparently you can use MIDI over the ‘Network’. After some Googling I was still unclear on how to get this setup, so I thought I’d just tell everyone how I did it so you can get to making some cool tunes yourself.
Download FL Studio here – http://flstudio.image-line.com/documents/download.html
Image-Line has updated FL Studio, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 10 is a complete software music production environment, representing more than 12 years of sustained & focused development. Everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music. FL Studio 10 is the fastest way from your brain to your speakers.
Changes in FL Studio v10.0.8
- Added Harmor (demo).
- Downloader / content manager 2.3.
- DirectWave to v1.4.22.
- Envelope editor updated (FPC, Envelope Controller, Edison, Convolver, Love Philter, Stereo Shaper, WaveShaper, Gross Beat, Maximus, Vocodex, Slicex).
- Updated Wave Candy, Fruity Dance, Harmless, Ogun, Sytrus.
- Updated Wrapper.
- FL Studio Mobile support, added .instr export from Direct Wave and FPC. Direct wave .instr import.
- FL Studio Mobile .flm files show up in browser.
- More about the FL Studio 10.0.8 update at Looptalk.
The FL Studio 10.0.8 installer now available to download. New Image-Line customers can purchase FL Studio with 10% discount here.
Use the FRUITY LOOPS’ VOCODER in Real Time from your Microphone connected to your PC.
Here: How To
Just like it’s predecessor Harmless, Harmor is powered by a powerful additive synthesis engine. Its modules will look familiar to subtractive synthesizer enthusiasts: oscillators, filters & phasers, these are featured in Harmor but, because they are performed through additive synthesis, offer more freedom.
Get Harmor here – http://www.image-line.com/documents/harmor.html
Harmor – featuring a unique and modern additive synthesis engine that emulates classic subtractive synthesis as well, taking sound generation to the next level.
Additive / subtractive emulation – generating sounds not possible with traditional synthesis methods, including the ability to draw custom filter shapes, and offering precise control over every aspect of the sound conception. Image & Audio Resynthesis – allowing a faithful, sampler-quality resynthesis of audio, not a vague sound-alike often met in additive synthesizers. Images too can be imported and turned into sound. Envelopes and articulation – as originally seen in Image-Line’s flagship synthesizer Sytrus, are taken to new levels of features, flexibility and GUI integration. Sound creation – possibilities are endless, but not bewildering. Stutter, mangle, stretch, pitch and manipulate both audio and images beyond recognition.
- the VSTi installer still has the beta warning from the previoius beta installer saying this is a sneak peak
- it crashes in Live 8.2.5
- The FL Studio version will be included in the next FL Studio release ( 10.0.8 ) which is available only to
Harmor users for now until it’s picked up by our hosting services.