Simple and basic, but serves its purpose
SoundMashine granular synthesis based sound sampler and sequencer app for iphone 4 ipad 2, sound sequencer
SoundMashine is a granular synthesis based sound sampling and sequencing instrument.
Fully utilising touch gestures to provide a fast and easy to use compositional tool. The app records sound using the devices built-in microphone, then divides the sound into slices which are then automatically assigned to each of the 16 screen tiles. Each tile has its own set of parameters allowing you to adjust window size, playback rate, pitch, feedback, delay and delay modulation, all of which are easily set by the swipe of a finger. Each parameter listed can also be randomised between a set of assignable values. Using the sequencer function patterns of tiles can be recorded and played back at different speeds, again using simple touch gestures.
With its flexibility for working with sound at different pitches, rates and sequencer speeds, SoundMashine lends itself well to a variety of compositional paradigms, from beat based through to drone or noise based music forms.
Combines the synthesis power of Addictive Synth with an easy to use 4 track loop recorder. It was never so easy to create beautiful sounds and driving loops.
The unique dynamic wavetable synthesis allows you to explore an unprecedented wide range of sonic territory. From acid loops, crystal clear percussions, realistic human choirs to complex musical soundscapes nothing seems impossible with only a handful parameters to tweak.
Nice demo of the iKaossilator in action
Fuji Leaves is an interactive music application where you use leaves and falling stones to create music. When a stone hits a leaf, the leaf produces a sound. Different sounds play depending on how the stone hits the leaf. You can move, rotate and scale leaves in a near infinite amount of combinations, each combination resulting in a unique sound everytime.
The goal with the game is for you to relax and play it in the way you enjoy the most. Try it out!
- Create songs using leaves and falling stones
- Add and remove leaves and stone creators as you please
- Move, rotate and pinch leaves and stone creators in a near infinite amount of combinations
- Undo & redo your actions
- Save & load the songs you make
- Share them with your friends through facebook connect
- Easily download your friends’ songs
Useless I know, but still
Omeletis an egg shaker for iPhone and iPod touch. Its developers, Pattern & Noise say that, using high-precision motion data from the accelerometer Omelet is able to respond realistically to every movement – from the slightest roll to the quickest shake.
Omelet also comes with two original built-in effects that can be used individually or together.
- Muis a unique resonating effect capable of generating a diverse range of evocative sounds and textures. Its rich yet subtle tones vary from scratchy, wood-like sounds to eerie metallic ringing sounds reminiscent of Tibetan singing bowls.
- Blue Room follows in the tradition of classic 60s echo chamber effects – simulating anything from tight corridors to huge cavernous spaces. Go easy for a softer sound while jamming along with your iPod, or crank it up and be transported to soundscapes from another world.
- Volume and mute controls
- Automatic locking in portrait orientation to prevent accidental changes while playing
- Multitasking support for jamming with your iPod
- Two tailor-made sample banks
- One to maximize volume while playing through the built-in speakers
- Another with greater dynamic range while playing through the headphone jack
- Optimized for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (3rd & 4th generation)
Pricing and Availability:
$1.99 / £1.49
Here’s what KORG Japan is writing about the product (Googlish):
Palm-sized synthesizer KAOSSILATOR breathed new wind musical instrument industry, has emerged as a long-awaited iPhone app! Familiar interface simply by touching the touch pad that can be played, of course, with the new sequencer with loop at will make tracks and live performances. Biyakana also provides sparkling visual effects enliven the play, KAOSSILATOR is a whole new “iKaossilator for iPhone” reborn as.
Trace your finger on the screen, or hit, a synthesizer can play freely or simply rubbing.
Groove representing the visual effects in conjunction with the play.
150 built-in sounds of every leading dance music.
Features set scale / key anyone can play without removing the pitch.
Easily make a loop sequencer track up to five parts.
The DJ can also be like a live performance and real-time control loop.
Wireless Sync app and play instruments such as function iELECTRIBE WIST.
Here’s what’s happening: 10 minute zoom lens IDM Ambient session – like an evolving world map? This is another example of synching two TNRi apps through the internet. We also used Kaoss pads to add additional interesting effects. My iPad was used with the Alesis IO dock for greater output sound quality and MIDI out to synch my Kaoss pad 3, but all sync between the TNRi apps was through wireless internet. We are planning a concert with 4 players – are you up to it?
On the 16 × 16 grid of buttons, basically, the horizontal direction is time, and the vertical direction is pitch.By laying sounds on these buttons, you can combine rhythms and melodies to produce music. A button will glow when its sound is produced. The movements of the glowing lights produce a visual performance.
TNR-i can produce 16 types of sounds at the same time (16 layers), and it can remember up to 16 song patterns produced using those sounds (16 blocks). By switching between song patterns in real time, you can produce a rich variety of musical expressions.
There are six different types of performance modes that you can select for each layer. You can make elaborate music by combining different modes. In score mode, the most fundamental of the modes, you can arrange sounds horizontally (temporally) and vertically (by pitch). In the exciting random mode, the sounds that you arrange are not just played in order—the melody and rhythm constantly change as twists are added. In draw mode, you can perform music by tracing your finger across the buttons as if drawing a picture. In bounce mode, the glowing lights are like bouncing balls that produce sound when they fall. In push mode, you can continuously change the sound as you perform. In solo mode, which is fun for solo performances, you can easily adjust the speed of repetition and the pitch.
Featured instruments in this video:
Pocket Guitar :
Funk Box :
Well it is going to be interesting to see when we have the first electronic instrument based on Siri, perhaps some augmented audio experience, vocoder effects, loop this section on track 5, voice sampling or…
Siri on iPhone 4S lets you use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more. Ask Siri to do things just by talking the way you talk. Siri understands what you say, knows what you mean, and even talks back. Siri is so easy to use and does so much, you’ll keep finding more and more ways to use it.
Mobile includes everything from evolving soundscapes and fat bases to lush pads and pulsing arpeggios, and is available for free from the iTunes App store. This is the iOS version of Camel Audio’s award-winning Mac/PC Alchemy synth – the leading sample manipulation synthesizer which can be heard on thousands of records and films by world-class artists. With the Pro Upgrade, you can remotely control Alchemy or the free Alchemy Player on your desktop computer. This is the first iPhone App to offer a dedicated touch remote feature for a desktop synth! Easy one touch access to the remix pad and preset selection means you’ll spend more time getting inspired and less time reaching for your mouse.
Alchemy Mobile Free features
- Remix pad to morph between sound variations and create your own sound.
- 16 performance controls so you can easily tweak sounds to fit your music.
- Most powerful iOS synthesis engine with VA, sampler, granular and additive resynthesis.
- External MIDI keyboard support.
- Loop player with 25 drum loops included.
- Copy and paste support for easy integration with sequencers.
- iPad native version included.
- Built in keyboard with scalable keys.
- One touch major and minor chords.
- 25 sounds with 25 more free when you register.
- Add on sound libraries available as in-app purchases.
Alchemy Mobile Pro features
- Remote control of Alchemy or free Alchemy Player on your desktop computer.
- Free download of Mobile version (if available) of desktop sound libraries you own.
- 125 sounds.
- 50 loops.
Alchemy Mobile Free is now available for iPhone/iPad. The Alchemy Mobile Pro Upgrade is available for iPhone/iPad for $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR / £13.99 GBP. The Pro Upgrade is available as in-app purchase from the free version.
MovBeats is a funny and a little crazy app which allows you to create video clips easily and quickly, catching them in the surrounding space.
MovBeats app is an easy in use video sequencer for iPhone™.
- Record short clips with the iPhone camera.
- Put the clips on the sequencer line to create video beats.
- Play with the patterns and record a movie.
- Share created movie with your friends on your favorite social networks.