A demo of this synth sequencer called ZMors made by Sven Braun..A clever little app that lets you control and loop your own sounds or use the built in presets.
zMors is a 4 Layer iPad synthesizer with build in sequencer
– Audio engine use 32Bit float per sample
– Vector based oscillators with touch edit
– Audiobus support
– Midi, Clock, MTC input
– 8 Oscillators
– 4 AMP envelopes
– 4 LFOs with FM,AM,Filter and oscillator mix
– LFO beat or key sync
– 4 Filters (HP,BP,LP)
– Reverb and delay sends
– Sequencer unit
Prysm Audio has released Monosc, a free VST synth for Windows.
- One oscillator (Sine, Saw, Triangle, Square).
- Unison, from 1 to 16 voices.
- Unique filter with 4 filter types.
- Polyphony (Monophonic Portamento)
Gestrument in action, details below:
Preparation for this piece involved sorting through lots of soundfont sample sets, or fashioning new sets to import into the iPad generative sampler and touch performance tool, Gestrument. (gestrument.se/) I selected eight different sample sets and fired up Audiobus on iPad 3, plugged in the excellent new reverb AUFX:Space, piped output to Audioshare, and linked the output to Logic on a laptop.
Gestrument tip: arrange your samples in a hierarchy so it is easy to distinguish between ‘beds’ and ‘stabs’ and ‘fx.’
For me, this allows me to toggle through the main sonic content and what I think of as secondary ‘commentary.’
I pick up a feel for the generative pace of the performance and then respond intuitively. In this instance the BPM is 10, GLIDE is set to slowest, and, HOLD and CONTINUOUS PULSE is set to [on]
(Please comment on the blog and ask questions if you have any – nogutsnoglorystudios.squareone-learning.com/)
UVI has released WaveRunner, a library of seven hybrid instruments inspired by synths, drum machines and rare prototypes of esteemed German heritage.
WaveRunner presents you with a collection of authentic and fascinating sounds from over 30 years of wavetable synthesis. Everything from the raw and strident origins to the wild evolving tones of more modern, full-featured machines.
Each system addressed was serviced, meticulously multi-sampled and artfully designed into seven unique hybrid instruments driven by over 30,000 samples.
- WaveRunner 360: Based on a very old and quite rare machine, WaveRunner 360 delivers a raw and lo-fi sound.
- WaveRunner Terminal D: Including sounds from vintage prototype drum modules, synths and modern rack drum synths.
- WaveRunner Terminal U: Built on a generous collection of sounds from the entire range.
- WaveRunner 2.0: Based on the original German blue.
- WaveRunner 2.3: Similar to the 2.0 but with a distinctly different flavor, WaveRunner 2.3 is built on the upgraded German classic and its loquacious programming pal.
- WaveRunner Orange: Based on the modern flagship wavetable synthesizers famed in the 90′s and 00′s.
- WaveRunner X: An collection of raw waves harvested from the entire range of machines come together in this fresh and powerful dual-layer subtractive synth; capable of deep, modulating ambiances, brutal basses and uncanny leads.
The WaveRunner library for UVI and MachFive is available to purchase for $299 USD.
All sounds & instruments are from WaveRunner, which will be released on August 1st. Additional drums from PlugSound Pro.
A multitude of synths, drum machines and rare prototypes of esteemed German heritage come together in this massive and unparalleled retrospective. WaveRunner presents you with a wondrous collection of authentic and fascinating sounds from over 30 years of wavetable synthesis. Everything from the raw and strident origins to the wild evolving tones of more modern, full-featured machines. Each system addressed was serviced, meticulously multi-sampled and artfully designed into 7 unique hybrid instruments driven by over 30,000 samples. Both a historical archive of sound and a collection of new and unique instruments with hundreds of presets and limitless sound design potential, WaveRunner is a suite not to be missed.
WaveRunner includes 7 instruments:
Based on a very old and quite rare machine, WaveRunner 360 delivers a raw and lo-fi sound. Explore the origins of wavetable synthesis and let loose with ripping vintage timbres.
WaveRunner Terminal D
Including sounds from vintage prototype drum modules, synths and modern rack drum synths, Terminal D is an uncompromising drum machine with an impressive range of sounds and easy to use interface.
WaveRunner Terminal U
Built on a generous collection of sounds from the entire range, Terminal U is a powerful and dynamic multitrack phrase sequencer capable of generating everything from tight rhythmic chains to wild and evolving passages.
Based on the original German blue, WaveRunner 2.0 delivers an uncommonly warm and vintage tone from an often overlooked classic known for its amazing analog filter.
Similar to the 2.0 but with a distinctly different flavor, WaveRunner 2.3 is built on the upgraded German classic and its loquacious programming pal.
Based on the modern flagship wavetable synthesizers famed in the ’90’s and ’00s, WaveRunner Orange delivers the modern sound of wavetable synthesis covering the gamut from lush bells to violent and evolving tones.
An extraordinary collection of raw waves harvested from the entire range of machines come together in this fresh and powerful dual-layer subtractive synth; capable of deep, modulating ambiances, brutal basses and uncanny leads.
*PPG and Waldorf are trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated, endorsed, connected or sponsored in any way to this website or any of our affiliate sites ; therefore do not be confused between UVI and PPG or Waldorf.
In this video, Steinberg product specialist Sebastian Mönch teaches you how to use Micrologue inside Cubasis 1.5.
Ryan Hemeon demos another nice iPad synth, details below:
In this demo and walkthrough I show a little bit of the features of Addictive Synth by VirSyn. I like this app and find it has a great sound as well as some interesting features. The only thing I didn’t like is the inability to select Midi input apps, I recommend using MidiBridge to get your apps working if you are having problems.
For more info and videos like this one, please visit www.iOSMARS.com
100% TAL Bassline 101 including drums. Most patches are original.
Grab the demo version of TAL Bassline (only restriction is no saving of patches!): http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-b…
Additional FX provided by the free TAL plugins: Reverb ii, Dub Delay ii & iii, Tube and Chorus LX. Some light compression and limiting on the master.
Review and audio demo of Propellerhead’s brilliant Thor synth for iOS. For a full review of the app see the Music App Blog website at www.musicappblog.com
Demo of Thyses working with Cubasis and Thor. Thyses is used to send MIDI data to a Cubasis MIDI track. Via MIDI Thru, this MIDI data is passed to the Thor synth. The MIDI data can also be recorded in Cubasis.
Noisefirm has released the NF-01 Classic Synthesizer, which is inspired by the classic Yamaha CS01. Capturing all the nuances of its classic ancestor, NF-01 evokes the rich harmonics and fat sounds of a bygone era. Featuring 6 unique waveforms, with the ability to to be independently mixed and tuned, NF-01 can produce a vast array of synth textures. From warm evolving pads to percussive pluck sounds and aggressive basses, NF-01 can serve up a variety of inspirational synth elements for your next creation.
- Kontakt instrument (full retail version 4.2 or later) with custom scripting and GUI.
- Over 100 built-in patches for Kontakt.
- 1.15 GB of samples and instruments.
- Additional patches for Apple Logic EXS24 sampler and Ableton Live (version 8 or later).
- Fully recreated Yamaha CS-01 vintage synthesizer plus additional features.
- 6 unique waveforms including a noise channel.
- independent waveform volume and tuning.
- switchable 3-mode filter.
- Filter modulation by AMP envelope.
- Filter modulation by LFO.
- Switchable playback behavior (Mono, Poly, Legato).
- Unison option with up to 8 unison voices, detune and spread controls.
- Variable LFO with pitch modulation.
- Effects section with Delay, Reverb, and Internal speaker simulation.
- Each waveform sampled over the entire range of the original instrument.
- Over 1400 individual samples (including 1100 “one shots”).
- One shots of each of the built-in patches for quick and easy import into sampler of choice.