The Spectralis 2 hybrid synth, fueled by the latest DSP- and true analog technology, delivers maximum tonal capabilities and leads you into a radical new world of sounds full of life and animation. The Spectralis 2’ oscillator section takes sound design to new extremes. The 4 oscillators offer continuously variable waveshapes plus time linearity modulation, FM, PM, oscillator synchronisation, bit reduction and independent pitch and volume envelopes. The self resonating filters, a 4 pole lowpass and a 2 pole multimode filter with LP, HP, BP and notch outputs, use two highly improved true analog circuit designs to overcome the restrictions of modelling based synths. The way players can interact with the destinc-tive user interface makes the Spectralis 2 hybrid synthesizer a killer live instrument with unbeatable richness and stunning flexibility. The synthesis engine takes advantage of a sophisticated step sequencing system – 32 independent parameter control lines with up to 192 steps let you explore an universe of previously unheard rhythmic effects and atmospheric textures. Punchy high resolution envelopes, are the cutting edge of todays synthesizer technology. They are the perfect weapon for the creation of floor pounding kicks, state of the art sequencer staccatos and numerous percussion effects.
In this video:
This was a test-run for midi-clock syncing, done with a Spectralis 2, Cubase 4, a Midex Steinberg and an old Apple G5, my main problem with the new compstuff is that it forgets that a lot of musicians like to work with midi and external gear, not only with plug-syns….my one cent
The wonderful Analogue Solutions Telemark filter modulated by 2 Doepfer A-155 sequencers, gate by Telemark, triggered by Cubase 6;
accompanied by a pad from the Roland JX 8-P, bass by A-100 modular and drums by Vermona DRM1 MKIII.
All done with a friendly wink at rezfilter who inspired me a lot …. (still waiting for my Oberkorn)
Steinberg has announces the release of Cubase Artist Plus Pack , a bundled deal comprising the Cubase Artist 6 music production system and the CI2+ USB audio interface.
Steinberg has announces the release of Cubase Artist Plus Pack, a bundled deal comprising the Cubase Artist 6 music production system and the CI2+ USB audio interface.
“Following the recent successful release of Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6, we at Steinberg would now like to offer our customers a very attractive limited bundle that offers immediate access to the world of digital music production,” comments Frank Simmerlein, Steinberg’s marketing director.
Based on highly acclaimed technologies and the award-winning Steinberg audio engine, Cubase Artist 6 features a wealth of effects and VST instruments, such as the new VST Amp Rack plug-in with exhilarating amp emulations and the HALion Sonic SE workstation with over 550 quality sounds. The take-comping system, its commendable user interface and Windows/Mac 64-bit support make Cubase Artist 6 the perfect choice for talented newcomers and seasoned musicians alike.
Powered entirely via USB, the CI2+ offers a professional digital audio recording standard with 24-bit resolution and a sampling rate of 48 kHz. Both its two microphone inputs consist of balanced XLR/jack combo connectors and high-quality microphone preamps with onboard +48 V phantom power. The dedicated high-impedance switch on the first input channel allow for connecting an electric guitar or bass directly with the CI2+. The ultra-precision AI Knob controls virtually all main functions of Cubase and facilitates browsing through the Project Assistant for easy project setup, while its dedicated transport push-buttons control playback and recording.
By packaging Cubase Artist 6 and CI2+ together, Steinberg customers now receive an all-in-one Advanced Integration system for recording and editing vocals and instruments on any computer as long as stocks last.
The Cubase Artist Plus Pack is available from the Steinberg Online Shop and certified Steinberg dealers in selected countries for 379 EUR* /
Steinberg has unveiled HALion 4, the latest and most powerful incarnation of their VST sampler. Here’s what they have to say about it..
With a cornucopia of innovations and improvements, including a state-of-the-art sample engine, a complete synth section and inspiring tools and effects, HALion 4 is set to be the new global standard for professional sound design.
The core of HALion 4 is driven by a future-proof sample engine with 32 stereo outputs, 6-channel surround support and an unlimited number of audio buses with flexible routing options. A collection of 44 studio-grade effect processors, comprising everything from jaw-dropping modulation to high-end reverberation, is provided to fuel the internal mixing desk.
Among the highlights of HALion 4 is the ultra-flexible user interface, featuring scalable and moveable windows, function tabs and saveable window layouts — a time-saving approach when it comes to dealing with large-scale projects. The efficient Quick Controls, an undo history and on-the-fly mapping functions further streamline your workflow.
For those seeking for more creative headroom, HALion 4 holds a complete virtual-analog synth section. Plus, advanced sound creation tools, such as MegaTrig and FlexPhraser, enable you to create authentic instrument articulations and sophisticated playing styles, while a top-notch sound library with more than 1,600 presets complements the sound designer’s toolbox. On top of this, HALion 4 features the most comprehensive VST 3.5 integration available today, making this new tool a truly universal sound creation system for the most exacting demands.
Pricing and Availability:
HALion 4 will start shipping in June 2011
Steinberg has announcedCubase Elements 6. Here’s what they have to say about it…
The latest addition to the Cubase product range offers the core technologies of the world’s most popular music production software at a very competitive price.
Based on the award-winning audio engine of Steinberg’s flagship workstation Cubase 6, the streamlined Elements edition offers easy-to-use tools for creating and recording music along with a range of professional instruments and effects. Highlights include the HALion Sonic SE workstation, the Groove Agent ONE drum machine, and the PitchCorrect vocal correction tool. Cubase Elements 6 comes with 64 MIDI tracks and 48 audio tracks in 24-bit/96kHz quality as well as a total of 33 high-quality audio effects for brilliant mixes and experimental sonic landscapes.
By offering a brand-new Cubase version, Steinberg is meeting the demand of many hobby musicians and songwriters for an affordable and intuitive entry-level recording solution. With the release of Cubase Elements 6, the Cubase Essential range is discontinued.
- Based on proven Cubase technology used by professionals around the world
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing and fully automatic delay compensation
- Supports up to 64 MIDI and 48 audio tracks simultaneously in DVD quality (24-bit/96 kHz)
- Includes outstanding virtual instruments: HALion Sonic SE workstation, MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine, Prologue synthesizer
- Comes ready with 33 audio effect processors, including PitchCorrect for vocal intonation correction and the great-sounding AmpSimulator
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X Intel
Pricing and Availability:
Cubase Elements 6 will be shipping end of May, 2011, and will be available as a boxed version as well as a download version from the Steinberg Online Shop.
Pretty col video
Generated with POVray 3.62 , the fantastic freeware-raytracer.
Music: MIDI Loop (Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth) and two guitars (Sqier Telecaster and Epiphone Les Paul Custom) recorded with Cubase 5 Le
and some additional free VST-plugins (Kjaerhus Classic).
- Enhanced transient and tempo detection for easier, glitch-free drum editing and more musical detection
- Phase-accurate audio quantization and drum replacement. (Actually, a key point here – without phase accuracy, you can create some nasty artifacts quantizing audio.)
- Track edit groups turn comps quickly into tracks. That we’ve seen before, but Cubase does have a nice feature for editing those groups simultaneously.
- A built-in set of guitar effects called VST Amp Rack.
- 64-bit support on both Mac and Windows.
- New time-stretching algorithms.
The only limitation is your imagination. Well, that and you do need a VST-compatible instrument. But remember, we invented VST, so we’ve got you covered.
Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6 offer enhanced workflow features within the Project window. The newly introduced Track Edit Groups option** refines the work with multitrack recordings, allowing related events on multiple tracks to be grouped and edited simultaneously, while the new Lane Track offers convenient multitake comping for selecting and consolidating audio parts to form the perfect take. The redesigned transient and automatic tempo detection, phase-accurate audio quantization and drum replacement functions incorporated in Cubase 6 help to smooth out any glitches in live-recorded drum tracks.
The Key Editor has further been enhanced with an Inspector panel and the groundbreaking Note Expression feature for creating and editing multiple controller values on a single-note level. Also included is the new Dynamics Lane, which allows real-time listening of dynamic changes while automatically in sync with dynamic notations from the Score Editor
ElectroBeats is a very intuitive beat making application conceived in collaboration with worldwide renowned and most demanded producer David Guetta.
Right away, you’ll create great sounding beats thanks to a powerful real-time approach and an impressive sound library.
ElectroBeats by David Guetta features
- Realtime workflow experience with sixteen pads and five different modes: Pad, Pitch, Velocity, Erase, Mute/Solo.
- Exclusive and electro oriented sound library, with hundreds of samples including Bass Drum, Snare, Clap, Rimshot, Cymbal, Hi-Hat, Open Hi-Hats, Acoustic Percussion, Electronic Percussion, FX, Bass, Chords, Leads, Instruments, Vox…
- Two sound generators : sample playback and synthesis oscillator.
- Dozens of ready to use drum and construction kits.
- Hundreds of patterns to use with the drum kits..
- Note Repeat in multiple resolutions..
- Dynamically change the quantize/repeat resolution while recording : the key to build beats very fast..
- Default quantization for instant gratification.
- Save and share your tracks using iTunes.
- Bounce song in Wav format.
- Multitrack export for use in sequencers like Logic™, Live™, ProTools™, Cubase™ and many more..
- Tap Tempo.
- Realtime previews (pattern, kits and sounds).
- Convenient undo with snapshots support.
- Embedded help in English, French, Spanish and Japanese.
More info at www.uvi.net
DirectEMX is a VST editor for the Korg Electribe MX. You can use it in a VST compatible host like Cubase, Live or FL Studio.
More info at: www.directsynth.com
- Full parameters control and automation from a VST host software (5 Synth parts and 9 drum parts).
- Interface specially designed for the EMX.
- Total recall: The whole state of the EMX is saved in the DAW project and can be loaded back.
- System-Exclusive dumps: Get all the patterns of your EMX in the DirectEMX interface, then modify and reverse-engineer existing patches easily.
DirectEMX is available now for PC (VST) for 25 EUR. A demo version is also available.