We take a look at the new updates in Steinbergs Cubase 7.5
Cubase 7.5 adds new features that support musical creativity and enhance workflow: create alternative TrackVersions, keep focused at all times with the track visibility management system and explore the new sonic possibilities of Groove Agent SE 4, HALion Sonic SE 2, LoopMash FX, the REVelation reverb
- TrackVersions: For creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth
- Groove Agent SE 4: With 30 new drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time
- New EDM construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks
- VST Connect SE 2: Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation
Reviewer John Krogh expands on the December 2013 print review of Apple Logic Pro X with a screen video tour of new and useful features.
Logic Pro X has more than just a new look — it gives you new options you’ve never had before. You can work the way you always have, with the full power and depth of Logic Pro. Or if you’re exploring ideas, you can choose to work with a more streamlined set of controls to keep things moving right along. You can also personalize Advanced Tools to make your workflow match your creative flow.
The new design also makes it easier to get things done. Transport controls are now located right at the top of the main window. You can easily browse and add more sounds from the Sound Library, conveniently placed next to other track-related controls. Visual snap guides help you quickly align and edit regions. A more responsive, more accurate tuner is just a click away. And Autosave keeps all your work safe and sound. Want to know how something works? Just hover your cursor over any part of the interface for Quick Help tips. To dive deeper, pull up the relevant section of the user manual with a single keystroke.
Steinberg has announced version 7.5 of its Cubase and Cubase Artist music production systems, a considerable update with many workflow enhancements, new instruments and new effects.
Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to its instruments and new effects to further the impressive feature set of Cubase and increase professionals’ productivity when producing music.
“The mix of highly effective editing and workflow enhancements, new instruments and studio-grade effects makes 7.5 one of the most beneficial Cubase releases since SX 1. I’m confident that this version will boost the creative output of our users and underline its position as DAW of choice for the most renowned producers today,” comments Helge Vogt, product marketing lead at Steinberg.
Changes in Cubase 7.5
- TrackVersions: Playlists for creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks.
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window.
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack.
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth.
- Groove Agent SE 4: With over 120 drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time.
- New construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas.
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more.
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units.
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks.
- VST Connect SE 2 (available in Cubase 7.5 only): Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission.
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation.
Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 full versions will be available from December 4, 2013, priced at MSRP 599 EUR and 299 EUR respectively. Prices including German VAT.
Customers who have activated previous Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 versions since October 15, 2013, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to version 7.5.
An in depth behind the scenes look of Justen Williams using reason 7 to create a track from start to finish. Learn about his approach to track building, get some useful tips & tricks and see Parsec’s vocoder feature in action!
Facebook: Justen Williams
Having a hard time deciding which DAW to choose? Then there is a good article out that may help you decide. Read the intro below and click your way through to the full report at the end.
Deciding on a DAW is difficult. Everyone has their own opinion of which is the best one, and although they’re all designed to do the same principal things – to help you to record, edit and mix your music – they all operate in slightly different ways.
If you’re a beginner, the market can seem particularly daunting. We have our list of the best 16 DAWs in the world today for you to consider (as voted for by MusicRadar’s users), but this wasn’t compiled with total newbies in mind.
So, we’ve put together this guide to beginner-friendly DAWs. They may not be the most powerful applications on the market – or even the cheapest – but they’re ones that do a great job of demystifying the music-making process and have been specifically designed to make it as easy as possible for first-timers to get started.
While you might also like to consider Cockos’s Reaper and the cutdown versions of the likes of Ableton Live, FL Studio and Propellerhead Software Reason, we’ve picked the products that we think offer the best balance between features and easy accessibility.
This is how you set up the Novation Ultranova to be used inside of Maschine 2.o or really any DAW
Image Line Software has released an update to FL Studio Mobile for Android and iOS. This is a free update for existing FL Studio Mobile customers.
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio Mobile Android 1.2:
- HD graphics for 1080p and 720p devices (removes side bars)
- Sequencer timing accuracy significantly improved
- Fixes various expansion file download and mounting errors
- Fixes wrong sample mapping after zip instrument import
- Minor other bug fixes and performance improvements
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio Mobile 2.2 iOS:
- MIDI start/stop slave and master
- Input gain slider in the recording window (visible with external mic connected)
- AudioCopy 2.0 support (iOS 7 compatible)
- WAV export option to write 1 file per track
Performance & speed:
- Major performance improvements (play more tracks without audio dropouts)
- Audio file editing is up to 5x faster
- Reverb quality and performance improved
- Audio recordings are placed more accurately
- Setup latency options removed, it’s now always at minimum
- Filenames can now contain non-latin characters
- Inbox folder is no longer present, files are moved to the top level folder
- .flml (drum loop) files can be opened from other apps like Mail or Safari
- Overall stability greatly improved
The Android version of FL Studio Mobile, at version 1.2, trails the iOS version significantly. Image Line says that the feature-set of the Android and iOS versions will be harmonized in future updates, including the addition of the following features to the Android version:
- Audio tracks and wave editor
- Background audio (playback while the app runs in the background)
- SoundCloud upload
- In-app shop
- While projects, .flm format, are compatible between Android and iOS, if audio tracks are present they are ignored. If instruments are not avaiable the MIDI data is loaded and the a default instrument is used.
- Android: $19.55 USD
- iOS: FL Mobile HD (universal app): $19.99 USD
Ohm Force has announced version 1.0 of its Ohm Studio real-time collaborative digital audio workstation software for Windows and Mac.
Ohm Studio is the only pro-grade DAW that allows for online cloud-based collaboration – a technical challenge that explains why it took so long and why Ohm Studio is the only DAW to offer online collaboration to date.
As opposed to other DAWs that culturally promote the idea that one guy can do it all, Ohm Force understands that the music most people listen to is very rarely made by one person alone. In this age of the Internet, having access to a world of talented people to do instrument recording, arranging, producing will be brought back to the core experience of computer music making.
Collaborative features as well as a UI with a gentle learning curve and pro-grade audio performance complete the approach that sums up Ohm Studio.
Ohm Studio is both a software and a service. You can go for free offers for both, or buy both, or any combination of the two.
Ohm Studio pricing
- Ohm Studio (free) includes a basic production suite, free partner plugins (Hybrit amp sim from Lepou and Voxengo’s Old Skool Verb), exclusive UVI-made Ohm Studio multi-instrument (with 1.5 Gb of sounds), Frohmage filter and all of the Ohm Studio features with two exceptions: recording is limited to 16 bits and export to high quality compressed audio.
- Ohm Studio Pro (€39 euro zone, ~$42 everywhere else) includes all of this, gets rid of the two limitations and also includes industry standards OhmBoyz delay and Minimonsta synth.
- Ohm Studio Pro XXL (€99 euro zone, ~$107 everywhere else) includes everything from the pro version plus Ohmicide distortion, Quad Frohmage filterbank, Predatohm distortion, Hematohm frequency shifter, Ohmygod! comb filter, Mobilohm phaser and Oddity synth.
- On the service side users can choose to pay a monthly fee to take advantage of a comfortable project- and asset storage space, or stay with the 10 free projects. Creating, joining, or being a member of a given project will all use 1 project credit.
This beta video highlights several of Bitwig Studio’s features for working with instrument clips. Switch between clip- or track-based note editing, bring more life into your composition using note expressions and and per-note micro-pitch control, or use the histogram-based inspector function on several notes at once to randomize or spread parameter variances, changing the feel of your instrument clips.
For more information visit: www.bitwig.com
Demo of Looptical Music Studio for iPhone, available from the App Store. For more information see: www.moocowmusic.com
Looptical is the complete music production solution for your iPhone. Record your musical ideas on the go, and mix them into a finished track there and then, or use them as the basis for a new project back at your studio.