Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
* Subsynth – Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCMSynth – Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine – 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox – 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth – Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth – 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular – Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ – Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder – 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth – DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
The app also includes:
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (16 effect types)
* Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb effects
* Master section with parametric EQ and limiter
* Song sequencer
Supports automation on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying recorded automation curves.
All files are stored on the user-accessible storage, and users can supply their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder.
Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2) and FL Studio mobile instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
Class-compliant USB MIDI controllers can be connected via USB OTG cable on devices running at least Android 3.2 and supporting USB host mode.
Voice Synth is a professional live instrument to create incredible new voices, choirs, sounds and soundscapes, based on your own unique voice. Includes a free trial and two in-app packages with inter-app audio, three 24-band live vocoders, AutoPitch, multiple voice harmony arranger, spectrum stroboscope, pitch and formant shifter, sampler, 24-band equalizer, distortion, delay, chorus and reverb. Paid version selected by Apple in USA Music App Collection “Vocals”.
Take a journey into sound design and discover the endless possibilities: Speak, sing, hum and beatbox in the mic, to turn your voice live into a baby or tenor, a popstar on AutoPitch, a robot from Cylon to iDalek, a church or close harmony choir, animals from birds to dogs and lions, musical instruments from organs, guitars and a groovy bass to percussions and rich 70’s vocoders, amazing effects and ambient, lush string/storm soundscapes. To get you started, we included over 100 factory presets!
This free version offers a try-out of all presets in live mode, so have your headset ready! The in-app instrument package offers the full Voice Synth sound engine at a reduced price, plus a free try-out of the in-app pro package that includes additional pro features such as sampler, inter-app and background audio, midi, noise gate and more.
For musicians, DJs, sound designers, voice artists: Voice Synth is a must-have in your audio toolbox. Voice Synth has a dedicated interface designed for iPad, and a compact interface for iPhone and iPod that includes all features so you can create anywhere you go.
VOICE SYNTH INSTRUMENT SPECS
- Sound engine 2×32 bit at 44.1 kHz
- All effects simultaneous, 12-voice polyphonic, live, real-time, low-latency
- Auto engine sleep to save battery power
- In-app help, tutorial video and email support
- Audio dock compatible
- Audio export in WAV/M4A format, iOS pasteboard, iTunes File Sharing and email
- VoiceOver support
- 2 play modes: Live and Repeat
- Performance recorder to record, play and export your creation
- 100 factory presets, unlimited user presets, 8 quick presets, import/export
- Keyboard 2.5 octaves (iPad), 1 octave (iPhone/iPod)
- 3 vocoders with 24 bands, 5th order filters (Natural, Robot and Breath voice)
- Low/high register (add voice brilliance)
- • Equalizer, 24 bands +/- 12 dB, VU 0 to -80 dB, stereo VU meter, with 8 presets (loudness, low-pass, telecom voice, etc)
- Pitch Shifter 8 octaves (e.g. for lion voice, tenor, gender change, child, baby, duck, squeak)
- Formant Shifter adapts voice spectrum, range +/- 1 octave, (change headsize from child to giant)
- Tune modes to alter pitch: fixed, free, inverse, double, auto
- AutoPitch (always sing in tune)
- Harmony synthesis of multiple voices in all 12 major/minor musical scales (choirs and rich 70’s vocoder sounds)
- Autogain, distortion, stereo panning, delay, chorus and reverb
- Slew rate: special vocoder reverb (plucked strings, wind, thunder, storms)
- Stroboscopic gate: special vocoder effect to sample and hold your voice spectrum
- Background audio
- Apple inter-app audio input/instrument with midi, host with recorder
- CoreMidi support
- Additional Sampler play mode: Record, import and play with your voice, with instant zoom, start/end, loop/hold, extensive trigger methods
- Keyboard hold on/off, mono/poly
- Noise gate, input & output mute/volume, engine bypass
Note: iPhone 4 does not support inter-app audio
Droner is a nice little drone generator but put this through Echo Pad and some fantastic effects can be achieved
This video illustrates the Star Trek™ Vulcan Harp features.
Fans of Star Trek™ can now play Mr. Spock’s Vulcan harp on their iPad! Replicating the alien instrument from the classic Star Trek™ series, the app is fully functional and features multi‐level sounds, cool effects, and the iconic design of the original harp. Use the sleekly styled controls to compose spacey music or play fascinating songs.
Whether you’re a Trek fan, musician, or just interested in playing a unique instrument, the app’s richly detailed appearance and wide‐ranging musical abilities make for an instrument unlike any other!
• 15 vibrating strings – each identified, making it easy to play songs
• Distinct pluck dynamic where the sound occurs on release of a touch similar to a harp
• 5 instrument sounds from futuristic to the classic harp
• Large 6-and-a-half octave range in 5 octave banks
• Custom multi-level distortion and reverberation controls give you a wide range to experiment with
• Ability to select pentatonic scale (five notes per octave)
• One button background arpeggio (sequence chords)
• Rich, inlaid wood detail appearance on the harp and moving starfield background
• SoundCloud recording to share your creations
• Concise tutorial to locate controls
Looking for more information about the Vulcan harp app?
Visit us online: startrekvulcanharp.com
Follow us on Twitter: @StarTrekHarp
YouTube video: youtube.startrekvulcanharp.com
Join us on Facebook: fb.startrekvulcanharp.com
Questions or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vulcan Harp Background:
The Vulcan harp is also called a Vulcan lyre, lute, lyrette, and lytherette.
The Vulcan harp is played in four episodes in Star Trek™: The Original Series: “Charlie X”, “Amok Time”, “The Way to Eden” and “The Conscience of the King”.
Spock and Uhura both play the Vulcan harp. Tuvok owns one in Star Trek: Voyager™, Melian owns one in Star Trek: The Next Generation™, and (mirror universe) Kira Nerys owns one in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine™.
Spock plays “Row-Row-Row Your Boat” on the Vulcan harp in the film “Star Trek: The Final Frontier™”.
Swoopster is a wild, fuzzed out Flanger/Vibrato effect designed for Audiobus and Inter-app audio.
Process synths, drum machines and hundreds of other apps by connecting through Audiobus. Use Swoopster as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
Swoopster features two distinct modes:
PERFORM and TWEAK.
- PERFORM mode is focused around four XY touch pads. Touch to control flanger speed, manual, feedback and fuzz amount independently for left and right channels.
- TWEAK mode features large expressive sliders and additional effect parameters, allowing you to fine tune your sound.
The center panel of Swoopster’s interface is part of the instrument and meant to be played in real-time, including the scrollable preset list. Tap a preset to instantly load it’s settings, play different presets in rhythmic patterns, or re-trigger the current preset to restart the sweep of the Flanger. The MUTE and BYPASS buttons function as momentary switches for DJ mixer style control.
Echo Pad users loved the creative stereo imaging possible with its effects, and this approach continues with Swoopster. Both Perform and Tweak modes allow you to control the left and right channel’s effect parameters independently for wide stereo sound design. You can easily toggle between linked and unlinked channel parameters by tapping the LINK button.
In addition to Audiobus and Inter-app Audio support, Swoopster can also process external instruments such as guitar, voice and synths by connecting a microphone or professional audio interface such as the Apogee Jam, ONE, or any iOS compatible USB audio interface.
For more info visit www.swoopsterapp.com
Moog Music today introduced the Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack for Animoog, their software synthesizer for iOS.
“Taking timbres from a Minimoog and placing them in Animoog creates very distinctive sounds that are advanced and invigorating,” said Moog Chief Engineer Cyril Lance. “This isn’t an emulation of a Minimoog. It is actually a new way to experience it.”
The expansion pack includes 69 Timbres extracted from a vintage Minimoog Model D analog synthesizer, and 213 presets designed for Animoog’s Anisotropic Synthesis Engine.
- 68 Timbres extracted exclusively from the Minimoog Model D
- 213 Presets
- 38 Presets designed by Dom Kane
- 41 Presets designed by Sascha Dikiciyan
- 50 Presets designed by Kevin Lamb
- 41 Presets designed by Drew Neumann
- 43 Presets designed by Adam Holzman
The Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack is available now as an In-App-Purchase within Animoog for iPhone & iPad for $6.99.
Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth provides MIDI connections for controllers, synthesizers, and sequencers, connecting a pair of iOS devices, or an iOS device and a Mac.
The Mac version of Apollo should be available shortly.
We are waiting for approval from Apple for the OSX version (which will be free). In the mean time, you can download this version. Once the OSX version is released, we would encourage you to download the one from the Mac app store (this will make updating the app much easier).
Connecting synthesizers and sequencers across multiple iOS devices has been challenging, and there have been few options. For wired connections, you need multiple MIDI adapters (either dedicated iOS devices, or a Camera Connection Kit and generic USB MIDI). WiFi MIDI can have too much latency and jitter, making it unusable for music applications.
With Apollo MIDI over Bluetooth, you can easily connect a pair of iOS devices, or an iOS device and a Mac, using Bluetooth LE. Bluetooth LE is designed for low latency — ideal for music applications.
Simply start the app on each device, select an “A” endpoint for one, and a “B” endpoint for the other, and then press search on both devices. They should detect each other, and connect quickly. Once they are connected, MIDI from one device will be sent to the other — the connection is bi-directional. On each device, you can select the MIDI destinations that you wish to forward messages to.
When connecting to a Mac, select the “A” endpoint for the iOS device; the Mac will be a “B” endpoint. Just as with the iOS set-up, press search on both devices, and they should connect quickly. With MIDI routing on a Mac, there is a danger of creating a loop in the routing (where MIDI messages get sent and relayed repeatedly). To avoid this problem, Apollo on the Mac either sends MIDI from iOS to the Mac, or vice versa — make sure that you toggle on the direction you need.
The apps require Bluetooth LE — this is available on the iPad3, iPad4, iPad Air, and iPad Mini. iPhones starting with the iPhone4S support Bluetooth LE. Newer Macs also support Bluetooth LE; older Macs may require a USB Bluetooth LE adapter (we have had good luck with the adapters from IO Gear and Ciraco).
Apollo has been designed to be simple to install and configure, and it should expand your MIDI capabilities easily.
SampleTank is the first professional-quality sound and groove module that puts hundreds of world-class instruments and patterns in your pocket. What’s more, you can now expand your library with our new Downloadable Sound Collections via in-app purchase. Our latest collection is SampleMoog™ – Mobile Edition, featuring classic synth sounds from Moog Music®. We also recently released the Miroslav Philharmonik – Mobile Edition, a downloadable collection of orchestral and choir sounds.
You can play SampleTank instruments on stage with the iRig PRO or iRig MIDI interfaces and a keyboard or pad controller just like you would any other sound or synthesizer module. Or pair it with iRig KEYS, our 3-octave, bus-powered mini-keyboard to create the ultimate portable MIDI studio.
Introducing Robotic Drums, a new Universal iOS app by Big Robot Studios.
Robotic Drums is a drum synthesizer with a probability sequencer.
– 6 analog-modeled synth voices with realtime control
– A probability sequencer for each voice
– Dropbox support
– Midi-clock sync support
– AudioBus support
– Quantized patterns switching
– An optimized, simple UI
For more info see: http://bigrobotstudios.com or find it on the App Store.
Patch Morpher – innovative sound generator, patch editor, librarian and interactive performance tool for synthesisers
Patch Morpher is a patch designing tool for these hardware synths by Richard Meyer:
– Moog Voyager
– Dave Smith Prophet 08
– Dave Smith Prophet 12
– Korg KingKorg
– Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1
It is designed to do multiple things – one of it is connecting parameters to one control and being able to move it and to get interpolating ” morphing changes like on the Clavia Nord Synths. also it can convert Prophets from an important one to .. no from 12 to 08 and back. and you can also save your sounds to the iPad as is – it’s NOT a librarian because it works “in between”. but since it has memory it is able to keep the patch.