Fingerlab has announced Musyc, the a fun and innovative music application where touch turns into music, details below:
Discover the new music application by Fingerlab, winner of the Apple Design Award 2012 for DM1 – The Drum Machine.
Musyc on the AppStore :
Musyc is a fun and innovative music application where touch turns into music.
No use of piano keyboard or partitions, draw shapes and listen to your piece of music while viewing sounds bouncing on the screen.
Enjoy the 64 instruments (organized into 16 groups) exclusively created and produced at Fingerlab music studio as well as all the exciting and new physical and music tools provided in Musyc.
Musyc is free and its full version is available through in-app purchases.
WARNING: Musyc is not compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3 and iPod touch 4.
-Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
-Optimized for iPhone 5 and new iPad
-High quality sound engine
-Ultra-realistic physical engine
-Audio track mixer (level, pitch, length, pan, mute)
-2 effect channels with 5 effects (Delay, Overdrive, Reverb, Dalek, Compressor)
-Advanced physical objects (planet, black hole, modulator, …)
-Real-time audio recording
-High-quality or compressed exports (DropBox, SoundCloud, Mail, AudioCopy and iTunes)
Watch Musyc video trailer:
Coming soon in next updates:
-iPhone4 & iPodTouch optimization
-Import & Export song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes)
-User sound kit with samples import
-Audio background support
BitWiz Audio Synth / Gestrument / Audiobus / Anytune Pro+ – Music Practice Perfected. / Genome MIDI Sequencer / DrumsLive — touch and MIDI multisample drums / DrumJam / ThumbJam / LiveFX • DJ Effects Kit / Brian Molko – Placebo – Battle for the Sun
Background video description:
This is “Fair Light” – original composition by Andy Barrow on the Fairlight IOS App. First attempt at sampling, sequencing and creating my own instrument inside the Fairlight App from Peter Vogel Instruments – the creator of the legendary Fairlight CMI 1 – 3. And now up for grabs is the latest CMI 30AX – upgraded from the 30A. still an expensive tool, but no where near as much as its predecessors (approx $60,000 or more… ish maybe, give or take a few cents, pennies Gold Bullion…quite a few years ago…1980′s)
So, first time at really getting to grips with this IOS App, I sampled my Voice into the Fairlight, adjusted the trim, saved the sample and imported that into my New instrument in the App, Then set about playing with Page R – yep the Sequencer. Once you get used to the way it is laid out in the app, its fairly easy to use.
Recorded into Garageband and added the Orchestra Hit as a latter addition to the track. This is available as a download from my Soundcloud Channel should you desire.
Please note, all the images were taken from Screenshots on My iPad 3 and imported into the video editor. This is an original composition by me.
If you get a feeling that the Voice beat sounds familiar, I remembered a certain group of Gentlemen, who did a Soundtrack for Ferris Bueller’s Day off…remember that.???..
Sadly I do, however, the app also contains a certain Racing Car engine sound from another Track that “Yello” Did..”The Race” yes the sound is in there…I am not going to try and recreate that…they used real Fairlight equipment, sadly I have about as much chance as owning a Fairlight as I have Angels flying out of my ass…
So, until such time that I see a winged creature of heavenly persuasion flying from the darkest regions of me, I will have to make good with the IOS App… Enjoy
Music and Video is sole property of ©2013 Andy Barrow
In this tutorial Ryan Hemeon shows how to hook up an external midi controller and send the midi to two separate apps using MidiBridge. H uses Audiobus to keep the apps running in the background, iGrand and Magellan.
DevoBots is here. DEVOBOTS is a
DEVO-authorized iOS app that is a combination robot maker and synthesizer. Users will be able to create their own DEVO-inspired robot characters from a library of 10,000 robot parts. The designs can be applied to apparel, posters, and other merchandise. The synthesizer app will allow users to create their own music from sounds taken from the DEVO archives
available on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/devob…
Music by Devo from the App DevoBots.
Tapgic Technology Limited has introduced DrumOn – described as ‘a professional mobile Drum Machine’.
DrumOn is intended to turn your iPad into an advanced drum pad for live performance – like a hardware drum pad.
- Over 16bit/44.1kHz to 24bit/48kHz PCM quality sound bank with maximum polyphony of 32-notes.
- Each Drum Kit has a individual rhythm Demo playing in loop, you can change the drum kit when you play.
- Realistic Choke Performance of Pedal Hi-Hat, Closed Hi-Hat and Open Hi-Hat.
- 15 grades of Touch-Velocity let you play like a real instrument, the harder you play, the more dynamics and volume you’ll get.
- Available to change the drum pad numbers from 8 to 12 or 16 to get bigger area or more sounds as you need.
- Available to open or close the pad names.
- Exclusive Function Side-Bars are available to open or close by the top-bar buttons or two-fingers touch gesture.
- Full control of individual pad’s Level and Pan, each drum kit has a built-in setting and you can change it.
- Full-featured built-in metronome which is absolutely accurate with the industrial quartz precision.
- High quality effect module for the global output including OVERDRIVE, REVERB, DELAY (iOS6+ ) is fully user-defined. You can also the change the effects order to get different sound effect.
- Music Player lets you import your music tracks to Jam with, you can change the Volume, Loop and Speed of the music tracks.
Drum Kits in Version 1.0 :
- ADK01 Standard Kit
- ADK02 Rock Kit
- ADK03 Live Kit
- ADK04 Studio Kit
- EDK01 Electronic Kit
- EDK02 Electronic Kit
- EDK03 Electronic Kit
- EDK04 Electronic Kit
- VRK01 Vintage Kit
- VRK02 Vintage Kit
- VRK03 Vintage Kit
- VRK04 Vintage Kit
- VRK05 TR606
- VRK06 TR808
A teaser trailer for the new ios musicians website
Background video description:
I placed little pieces of masking tape on the iPad to serve me as note guides for a live performance.
All sounds came directly from KORG iKaossilator.
Turn your iPad/iPhone into an expressive synthesizer studio with stunning sound quality! Alchemy is perfect whether you’re developing song ideas on the go or in the studio. Now includes 4-track sequencing, Audiobus support, and more.
Available now on the App Store:
Powerful, expressive synthesizer
• Synths, basses, piano, strings, guitar, drum kits and more
• Incredibly high quality sound – hear it to believe it!
• Huge variety of sounds thanks to sampler, VA, granular and additive synthesis
Intuitive song sketch pad
• 4-Track Sequencer with mixer and solo/mute
• Drum Pads – create your own beats
• 8 Songs included – have fun remixing tracks
Easily create living, breathing instruments with the Remix Pad
• Morph between synth variations to create your own sound
• Tilt and Inertia offer a fun physical way to control the synth
• 16 Performance Controls so you can easily tweak sounds to fit your music
Sound like a virtuoso with the easy keyboard
• Velocity sensitivity and per note filter sweeps
• Keyboard scales and one touch chords – sound great with your eyes closed
• External MIDI keyboard support
Integrate Alchemy with your other apps
• Audiobus – integrate Alchemy with your mobile studio
• Copy and Paste
Expandable with a wide range of instrument sound libraries
• 30 sounds included with 35 more free when you register
• 10 in-app purchase Sound Libraries available including Dubstep, Ambient and Dream Voices
• Each library contains 50 sounds (a massive 400 variations)
A video demo and tutorial of the much talked about app Different Drummer
Different Drummer is your secret weapon in the quest for innovative beats that make sense yet defy the status quo. Using patent pending Cyclophone Technology, Different Drummer taps into the primal source of all drumming—waves. Wave motion propels almost everything you can imagine and it’s the perfect controller for drumming too. Different Drummer puts out multi-track drum beats and music sequences which are remarkably lifelike or primal at times and out of this world at others. Different Drummer is not a drum synthesizer but uses waves to play the drum samples (or other samples) in amazing ways that vary from electro and dubstep to tribal to classical.