Vintage Yamaha PS-20 analog keyboard connected to iPad using Apogee Jam interface, played through Crystalline. Also features iOS apps Animoog, Audiobus and Arturia iSEM. No other effects or processing done.
Crystalline: Shimmer Effects Processor for iPad
Background video description below:
Robotic Drums is my favorite drum synth on iOS right now. It has a lot of features, and is fun… So Let’s Play with it! If you enjoy these Let’s Play videos please consider sponsoring them on Patreon:http://www.patreon.com/user?u=107612
Be sure to visit http://discchord.com for this and other music app news!
Just a test with :
2 x Modules Littlebits Korg synth
1 x input module Littlebits
sync with iOS Brute LFO
Elsa is a retro style sampling keyboard with tempo based looping. Record, save, load, reverse samples with a multi octave on screen keyboard or plug in your core midi device of choice, soft- or hardware. Elsa comes with three built in effects, a reverb, a resonant low pass filter and a frequency/bit crush. Samples are looped in three different modes, one off, forward and/or forward-reverse. The start and end of playback also comes in three modes, one set of start and stop for all, one set per note and/or one set per octave, allowing for many different types of samples. Additionally at playback time, sample length can also be controlled by a set of sample dividers, 1-8.
- Sample keyboard
- Tempo based looping
- Bit crush
- Resonant low pass filter
- Record, trim, normalise, reverse, pre note shift, zoom
- Multi octave keyboard
- 3 loop modes (one off, forward, forward-reverse)
- 3 start/stop modes (one for all, one per note, one per octave)
- Playback length dividers (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
- Import/Export ACP 2.0
- Inter app audio (audiobus)
- Core Midi (note input)
e-l-s-a is priced at $1.99.
Mitch tries out two apps in this episode of Sweetwater’s iOS Update. First, we check out the “BOOM! 808″ drum machine app, based on the original Roland TR-808 drum machine. Next, Mitch tries out a metronome/setlist app called Tempo.
- The “BOOM! 808″ drum machine app, based on the original Roland TR-808 drum machine: and
- a metronome/setlist app called Tempo.
Slice and sequence your loops with a matrix of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability-based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
• High quality 32-bit audio engine
• Unique probability-matrix sample slice sequencer
• Classic pattern step-sequencer for absolute control
• Time-warping transfer functions for various effects
• Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio
• Import samples and loops from AudioShare or using “Open in” from other apps, or using iTunes FileSharing
Background video description:
You guys seemed to really like the last Let’s Play iVCS3 video, so I’m doing another one with the recent SECTOR from Kymatica. This is a fun app, and I’ve having a lot of fun with it in this video! If you’d like to see more Let’s Play videos, please help me fund them:http://www.patreon.com/user?u=107612
Chiptunes lets you make retro music the way it should be made – with chips! Build your circuit to lay down drum beats, basslines, and tunes.
Chiptunes Pro has all the features that can be unlocked in Chiptunes and will include all future updates.
Oscilab – a new mobile app that the developers say “gives you a hypnotizing musical experience.”
Oscilab gives you a hypnotizing musical experience, is both a music instrument to perform live and a sequencer to make unique loops and musical phrases.
No musical experience required, Available on iPad, iPad-mini and Android devices.
Boom 808 integrates one of the most popular drum machines of the 80’s into the modern mobile producers workflow.
With Boom 808, getting the classic 808 drum sounds into your music has never been easier. Audiobus compatibility, background audio, and audio export options allow Boom 808 to fit into your music without slowing you down.
Personalize your beats with the sound of the 808!
- Step sequencer
- High fidelity audio
- Audiobus and background audio modes
- Record and export live performance to Soundcloud, Audio Copy, email and iTunes file sharing
Boom 808 provides the superb audio quality found in our other Pulse Code apps. Along with the classic drum sounds, Boom 808 has a built in compressor that is tuned to add punch to your drum beats. Soft saturation overdrive rounds out the signal chain adding warm crunch to your beats.
Using Boom 808 with Audiobus allows you to add any number of Audiobus compatible effects as well as record your beats into the app of your choice. Writing beats is easy by using the internal step sequencer or trigger the drums with CoreMIDI. Control your groove with two swing variations.
QUALITY HEADPHONES / MONITORS RECOMMENDED
BOOM 808! is priced at $0.99.
Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.