Sound Magic has announced the release of Neo DynaMaster, a dynamic processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Neo DynaMaster is a full-featured, multi-purpose stereo dual dynamics processor utilising a unique custom designed metering system and modelling engine, providing emulations of many vintage units, e.g. SSL, Tube-Tech and so on.
Neo DynaMaster performs simultaneous compression and expansion allowing more complex dynamics response curves than common compressors and provides huge scope to engineer your final sound. Neo DynaMaster’s intuitive GUI allows you to precisely edit view the dynamics response curve which is essential if you want to take full control of your dynamic range.
The comprehensive metering section comprising Peak and RMS bar meters, multi-channel scope, and Input/Output volt meters continuously provides all the information you need to better control your dynamics and levels.
Neo DynaMaster features a transparent, natural sound. In order to achieve this, Neo DynaMaster utilises a new, custom designed Peak Metering system to provide an unrivalled stable metering signal which eliminates audible level modulation artefacts while still retaining sample accurate transient detection resulting in -122dB THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise); far below the human audible range.
The plug-in is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
Make some microtonal music on your Mac with Hπ Instruments Microsynth, a polyphonic multi-timbral microtonal synthesizer application (standalone). It’s now available in two versions: the multi-timbral version and the mono-timbral (single-track) version dubbed Microsynth-mini.
Both are Mac OS X SoundFont synthesizers for microtonal music, supporting seven types of tuning files, instant retuning, audio file recording, routing to and from standard MIDI hardware controllers, and sequencing and notation software such as Sibelius and Finale. Overall, Microsynth is designed to give you total control of tuning in your music.
The tuning features are the same in both Microsynth and Microsynth-mini. There are 16 independent tracks, each with tuning, MIDI I/O, SoundFont, and patch selection. Check out all the synth features, below.
- Unlimited tunings, any key to any pitch
- Individual tuning per track
- Supports MTS real-time Sysex messages
- Supports .scl .tun .hz .csv .mtx .gly and .tonex tuning files
- Supports single channel tuning tables of 128 tones
- Supports OMNI-channel tuning tables of 2048 tones
- Allows real-time transposition and remapping of scales
- Unlimited user-defined MIDI CC tuning switches and tuners
- Supports pitch bending of microtonal pitches
- Comes with GM / GS sound set
- Built in reverb
- Loads .sf2 SoundFonts
- Unlimited MIDI connections
- One virtual MIDI input and output
- Records WAV audio files
- Loads and saves scenes
- Multiple Undo
The Hπ Instruments Microsynth synth for Mac (standalone) is available for $19.99. Microsynth-mini (single-track) is half as much, at $9.99. For more information, go to the company’s Web site at h-pi.com.
Tweaking and destroying the classic “amen break” with the Sinevibes Sequential effect sequencer plugin. Sequential is available as an AudioUnit plug for Mac. You can read more about it here: http://www.sinevibes.com/sequential
Sequential is an AudioUnit plugin for creating amazing rhythmical effect patterns. It features unique algorithms ranging from filters, waveshapers and distortion, to ring modulation and even audio-controlled oscillators. These effects are rhythmically switched via a step sequencer matrix, allowing you to create intricate, lively processing patterns. Sequential has been finely tuned to instantly deliver superb musical results, and is capable of radical sound transformations with any type of sound or music style.
- Ten effect algorithms: low-pass and high-pass filters, two waveshape transformers, saturation, bit and sample rate reduction, sine oscillator with envelope follower, ring modulator and variable noise.
- Sequencer matrix with up to 32 steps, variable speed and swing.
- Intuitive, high-contrast user interface.
- Useful preset templates.
Here is what has been reported by e.g. Apple Insider – Apple as early as next week will deliver a much-needed refresh to its iMac line of all-in-one desktops, adopting Intel’s newest family of Core processors and the latest in personal computing I/O technology
More specifically, people familiar with the matter say Apple plans to introduce the new models on Tuesday, May 3, swapping out the systems’ first-gen Core i processors and miniDisplay ports for second-generation Core i chips and the company’s new high-speed Thunderbolt port. However, rumors that 2011 would see changes to the iMacs’ display panel size and the inclusion of 6000-series AMD Radeon HD chips, could not be confirmed with any degree of certainty.
In the days leading up to major product launches, Apple routinely makes certain requests of its various operating segments to assure the rollout goes as smoothly as possible. This week saw several of those measures put into place, according to those same people, who’ve continually provided accurate information when it comes the Mac maker’s future plans.
In addition, people familiar with the Cupertino-based company’s retail operations confirmed to AppleInsider that a “visual night” is similarly slated for the early morning hours of May 3rd. “So it is highly likely that whatever new product that is going to be refreshed or introduced will be done on [that day],” one of those people said.
Amazona.de has announced the release of Tyrell N6, a free synthesizer instrument by Urs of U-He.
Just in time for Musikmesse 2011, we are very proud to present you the first AMAZONA.de synthesizer, TYRELL Nexus 6
TYRELL The N6 is not some additional synth plug-in, but a sound generator, which was jointly developed with readers and, ultimately, programmed by Urs Heckmann (mastermind of U-He).
Tyrell N6 is available as a free VST instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
More information: Amazona.de
SuperMegaUltraGroovy has released version 2.1 of Capo, an innovative music learning software for Mac.
In this release, Capo has gained the ability to export MIDI transcription data, the waveform representation of audio has returned, and playback commands can now be controlled via learned keystrokes or external MIDI hardware.
Changes in Capo v2.1.1
- The waveform display has now been re-integrated into the UI, and now serves as the primary loop interaction area (i.e. Where you will do your clicking to set/modify loop points.)
- You can now export MIDI files from Capo (File > Export Note Entries…), for use in other applications such as Guitar Pro, Sibelius, Logic, etc.
- Playback commands may now be re-mapped using either keyboard or MIDI devices.
- Using Control > Go To Time…, you can now type in a point in time to jump to.
- Dropping, and clicking on chord markers now plays the chord.
- The note you are hovering over in the spectrogram is now displayed at the left-hand side of the spectrogram view, along with the existing C1, C2, … markers.
- Spectrograms, waveforms, and chromagrams are now all cached after they’re successfully calculated. Now slower systems don’t have to suffer (and eat battery) each time a song is loaded.
- An improved spectrogram processing front-end now uses a limiter to pull up quieter sections of audio, and keeps loud sections as they are. This results in a “hotter” spectrogram overall, but provides better balance to widely dynamic classical pieces.
- When working with audio files at rates beyond 44.1kHz, the MIDI playback no longer sounds out of tune.
- Capo’s chord detection now correctly reflects the combination of tuning changes and capo settings.
- Added missing standard tunings for 5-String Bass, and Banjo.
- The spectrogram now takes into account both channels of stereo audio equally.
- Dragging loops now snaps precisely to marker locations.
Capo 2.1 is available now as a free update to all 2.0 customers, and is still a $19 USD upgrade for 1.x users. Capo can be purchased for $49 USD.
Cableguys has released public beta version 1.2 of Curve , a software synthesizer for Windows and Mac. Curve 1.2 is now available for public beta testing, adding all three top user wishes while remaining its ease of use. Changes in Curve v1.2 public beta Modulation of individual OSC parameters.
Cableguys has released public beta version 1.2 of Curve, a software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Curve 1.2 is now available for public beta testing, adding all three top user wishes while remaining its ease of use.
Changes in Curve v1.2 public beta
- Modulation of individual OSC parameters.
- Saving of presets without community upload.
- Modulation of LFO rates.
- 64 bit support for PC.
- Improved polyphony algorithm.
- Improved sound for fast-running LFOs.
Curve for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 119 EUR / $159 USD.
discoDSP has announced the release of Discovery Pro R5.5 , a virtual analog sysnthesizer instrument for Mac and Windows. Discovery Pro is a 12 oscillators 32/64 bit Virtual Analog VSTi, Audio Units and RTAS Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADsynth resynthesis, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. It also Imports and Exports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data
discoDSP has announced the release of Discovery Pro R5.5, a virtual analog sysnthesizer instrument for Mac and Windows.
Discovery Pro is a 12 oscillators 32/64 bit Virtual Analog VSTi, Audio Units and RTAS Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADsynth resynthesis, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. It also Imports and Exports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data.
Changes in Discovery Pro R5.5
- Better FXP preset export compatibility.
- Renaming a preset shows the original name instead blank.
- Overwrite warning when a bank file already exist.
- File dialog boxes now remember last opened locations.
- Banks located at Data folder refresh automaticly.
- Small EDIT menu finetune.
- Manual revision.
Discovery Pro R5.5 is available to purchase for 149 EUR incl. VAT. The update is free for current Discovery Pro R5 users. Updates from R4 or previous versions cost 29 EUR.
2CAudio has released Breeze, an ultra-effecient auto randomizing algorithmic reverb software plug-in for Windows and Mac.
2CAudio’s Aether is an award-winning, ultimate quality, self-modulating algorithmic reverb, which delivers unprecedented levels of fidelity and programmability. It has been nominated for, and won numerous industry awards, including most recently the 2010 Sound on Sound Annual Award, and the 2010 EM Editor’s Choice award. Its huge list of industry-first advances have made it the go-to reverb of choice by many of the industry’s top engineers and producers.
Breeze is Aether’s pristine eco-conscious cousin. Breeze focuses on simplicity, efficiency, and economy. Additionally it offers several of its own exciting new features that have not been offered previously and make it fufill a special need in the market.
Breeze for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is now available for the introductory price of $99.95 USD until 1 January, 2011 (MSRP $149.95 USD).
Additionally 2CAudio has introduced the Perfect Storm Bundle which includes Breeze, Aether, the Aether Integrity Expansion and the the Aether Creativity Expansion, priced at $299.95 USD (Save $150 USD). Special end-of-the-year holiday pricing is available on all 2CAudio products until 1 January, 2011.
This exciting synth delivers FM Synthesis, Phase Distortion Synthesis, Wave Shaping Synthesis and Subtractive Synthesis is one creative combination!
Rob Papen has released version 1.9 of BLUE, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This exciting synth delivers FM Synthesis, Phase Distortion Synthesis, Wave Shaping Synthesis and Subtractive Synthesis is one creative combination! We call it “Crossfusion synthesis”.
Changes in BLUE v1.9
- Different tuning scales – Clicking on the BLUE logo brings up the back panel, where you can load in tuning files. They added a number of world tunings: Arabic / Burmese / Chinese / Indian / Persian / Thai / Turkish / Standard European. Users can add in there own personal tuning files, either by creating their own .tun files or using other .tun files.
- New factory presets – Two new banks are added 19_Effect_04 and 13_Diverse Dance 01. New cool effects and some new contemporary dance sounds.
- New presets by Dr. Tim Waters – Some brilliant sounds are uploaded to the “user presets” section.
BLUE is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) for 199 EUR incl. VAT / $239 USD.