Introduction to SONiVOX’s TWIST – Spectral Morphing Synthesizer:
Spectral Morphing Synthesizer, an innovative new approach to synthesis and sound design from SONiVOX’s Nemesynth Audio Research Group. TWIST offers unmatched, yet almost effortless control over some of the most unique sounds you will ever design.
Spectral Morphing Synthesis
A whole new approach to synthesis, Spectral Morphing Synthesis produces a striking, rich, controllable, and constantly evolving sound, perfect for use in pop, hip hop, and even avant-garde electronic music production.
Sound Design Made Easy
The innovation found in TWIST doesnt stop with its sound. Users will delight at the speed and ease of sound sculpting and sonic personalization afforded by TWISTs unique design. Rip, stretch, and contort with a simple TWIST of a knob. Making your own signature sounds have never been so easy!
Realtime Performance Features:
In addition to being completely unique sounding and easy to manipulate sonically, TWIST also includes a nifty pattern generator that transposes to your whim on the fly, as well as SONiVOXs I.R.C. (Intelligent Rhythm Control), putting your performance in perfect time in realtime.
Factory Sound Bank:
SONiVOXs world-class team of sound designers and synth tweakers have programmed up a bevy of over 200 mind-blowing patches that you can easily TWIST away into thousands and save as your very own.
- New Patent Pending Spectral Morphing Synthesis engine
- Ultra-user-friendly graphical user interface that makes sound creation
and personalization easy
- SONiVOX’s Intelligent Rhythm Control (I.R.C.) technology
- Over 200 factory presets that can be easily personalized into thousands
- Onboard tempo-synced variable resolution pattern generator
- MIDI Learn & Save Function – Lock TWISTs controls up with any midi
- Onboard chorus, tempo sync delay, and reverb fx
- PC Standalone, VST and RTAS Compatibility.
- MAC Standalone, AU, VST, and RTAS Compatibility.
The multi-band delay machine FDELAY is an exciting tool for sound design and loop manipulation in realtime. In contrast to the delay machines you’re used to FDELAY splits the frequency spectrum of the input signal into 27 bands and applies a separate delay unit to each band. The delay times can be synchronized to the host tempo generating nearly infinite rhythmical and sonic variations of the input signal. For each of the delay bands you can specify the delay time, the level and the feedback amount separately. These parameter changes can even be automized in realtime for glitch free rhythmical morphings.
A few high level parameters let you change the delay times and feedbacks of all delays with the turn of a single knob
- 27 band realtime multiband delay.
- Frequency dependant level, delay time and feedback
- Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency
- Tempo syncable delay times up to 6 seconds.
- Meta parameter for quick access to rhythm variations
- Minimized latency ( 12 ms )
- VST 3
- VST 2.4
Minimal system requirements PC
° Intel Pentium 4 / Intel Core Duo / AMD Athlon 64
° 1GB RAM
° Microsoft Windows XP 32bit or Vista 23/64bit or Windows 7 32/64bit
° USB port required for eLicenser copy protection device
° VST2.4 / VST3 / RTAS compatible host sequencer.
Minimal system requirements Mac
° Intel Core Duo.
° 1 GB RAM
° Mac OS X version 10.5 / 10.6
° USB port required for eLicenser copy protection device
° AudioUnit / VST2.4 / VST3 / RTAS compatible host sequencer.
This is a quick demo of Morphing Shadows’ Collage (App Store link), a $.99 interactive music album for iOS.
The album is presented as an application that combines track playback with basic remix and effect options.
- Complete music album with 5 original songs.
- Over 100 loops for remixes
- Loop include drums, basses, synths and effects
- Real time effects – LPF, Flanger and Bitcrusher
- XY touchpad.
- Five track mixer with level meters
- Mute/unmute the tracks in any remix mode
- Recording remixes and listening in built-in player
- Sharing remixes on SoundCloud and Twitter (WiFi recommended)
A demonstration of our set of custom modifications for the Atari Video Music video synthesizer/audiovisualizer. The modifications involve controls to glitch out and morph the output shape/pattern, a composite video output, operation as a static image synthesizer, upgraded 1/4″ input and thru jacks for both audio inputs, and a distortion output (in which the guitar is run through in some of these clips.) For more information on purchasing a modified video music, or getting yours modified, please visit http://switchedonaustin.com/other-ins…”
Be sure to see the rest of Switched On for more. “We specialize in vintage synths, drum machines, effects, full service repair & modifications as well as computer music tools & accessories. Not to mention workshops & classes!
Jamming on an iPad using various apps like Shiny Drums, MorphWiz, Filtatron etc.
Shared with us via rishabhrajan
Simplicity is the key
Dont get stuck in complexity, with Morphox you just need the modulation wheel and the keys to experience yet unheard expression and transformation in sound. Morphing made simple, in realtime, drastic changes in sound, right at your morph wheel.
Simplicity is the wheel When you play and hear Morphox you won’t believe it’s just a quite simple subtractive synth with chorus, delay and an arpeggiator. It’s dead easy to create your own morphing sounds. To get you started we hired some of the finest sounds designers to create 400 factory presets.
- the sound can be continuously morphed between two individual sounds including effects using the modulation wheel.
- powerful yet easy to operate subtractive sound engine with many extraordinary modulation options (its a LinPlug)
- Stereo Filter with simultaneous low pass, band pass and high pass and Filter FM
- Modulation Matrix (10 routings, 20+ sources, 40+ destinations)
- user programable 16 step Arpeggiator
- Microtonal support (TUN file import)
Pricing and Availability:
129 US$ / 99 Euro
A song using some VSTis and music apps for the iPad.
VSTis: Garritan Steinway, EDIROL ORCHESTRAL, Broomstick Bass and EZ-drummer.
iPad apps: MorphWiz (Lead) and Expression Pad
*The guitar was recorded using a V-amp3.
Listen on SoundCloud.com: http://soundcloud.com/musicapps/vstis…
More about Music Apps and mobile music on www.musicapps.com.br
massTURBOtar is a new hybrid synthesizer that offers unique morphing capabilities.
- Two morphable oscillators.
- Lowpass/Bandpass/Hipass (band type and width controlled via 12dB/octave lowpass and hipass filter).
- A/R amplifier envelope.
- Modulation : sine/pulse lfo and A/DR envelope both with morphable destination.
- Voice control: polyphonic/ legato.
- Effects: chorus, sample rate reduction, soft saturation, delay.
- Parameters are controlled by MORFIKI preset system, velocity to bank modulation with adjustable smoothing included.
- Dropdown menus with fixed values for oscillator scale transposition and tempo.
- Host synchronization for lfo speed.
massTURBOtar is available now as a free download.
Frequency modulation or FM synthesis is a form of audio synthesis where the timbre of a simple waveform is changed by applying another modulating frequency, resulting in a more complex waveform and a different-sounding tone. In this tutorial learn how to use the Morph section within Native Instruments FM8 synth for create new, unusual sounds.
Alchemy is the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer. It’s a synth powerhouse and yet is very easy to use thanks to its performance controls and remix pads. Just tweak the library of excellent presets from many of the world’s top sound designers or dive in and analyse your own samples – it’s up to you!
Alchemy features additive, spectral and granular synthesis and resynthesis, sampling, and a very capable virtual analog engine with unison and PWM. You can morph or crossfade between sources. You can import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files. A wide range of analog modelled filters are included, in addition to a flexible rack of effects which includes all those from CamelPhat and CamelSpace as well as many new effects such as a high quality reverb. The innovative modulation system is extremely flexible, yet easy to use. Alchemy also features a powerful arpeggiator with the ability to import the groove from any MIDI file for immediate synchronization to a beat.
What is Alchemy all about?
- Additive, spectral and granular synthesis and resynthesis, sampling, virtual analog engine with unison and PWM.
- 4 stereo sources each of which has additive, VA, spectral, granular and sampler engine, morph between sources using advanced harmonic blending and precise time alignmen, crossfade between sounds with vector mixin.
- Performance controls and remix for easy tweaking by non-programmers. 16 controls per preset carefully assigned by the preset designer, for instant access to each presets most tweakable paramete.
- 8 remix pad variations per preset – click and drag to morph between variations two XY squares
- You can import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files.
- 2GB of samples and analysed content.
- 300 presets covering everything from pads and soundscapes to keys, basses and leads designed by many of the worlds top sound designers.
- 16 effects types including all of the CamelSpace and CamelPhat effects!
- 128 Step Groove Arpeggiator
- Extensive modulatation routing with midi learn
- Very high quality analysis and resynthesis – import vocal phrases, drum loops made possible by 600 stereo oscillators
- Realtime modulation of amplitude, pitch and pan spectrums by any modulator – for example, control the odd/even harmonic balance, pan partials using LFOs, stretch or contract the harmonic spectrum and lots more
- Individual amplitude, pitch and pan envelopes for each partial
- Easy to use additive editor with unique detail knob to simplify sounds for editing
- Phase vocoder analysis for high quality pitch and time stretching
- Noise resynthesis mode using 256 band noise shaping
- Advanced graphical sonogram editing – choose from a range of brushes and select the colour and opacity
- Graphical spectral cut, copy and paste – cut or copy and paste specific frequency and time regions
- Sampler or granular playback modes
- freely modulatable parameters including grain size, density (up to 10 simultaneous grains), random grain time and random pan
- Selectable and customizable granular window shapes