More info on Polar: https://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_articl…
“The Polar Dual Pitch Shifter is more than meets the eye and who better to explain it than our product specialist Mattias! Learn how you can experiment with locking the buffer and do glittering delay effects with the feedback part of the pitch shifter.”
Polar is an old school harmonizing and pitch-shifter effect with a host of modern tricks up its sleeves. Use it for classic harmonizing, stereo-widening, and realtime pitch-shifting, or experiment with buffer looping and audio freezing to create otherworldly effects.
u-he has announced the release of Uhbik-Q, the “uhbiquitous equalizer” for Propellerhead’s Rack Extensions.
Equalizer, the perfect balance between simplicity and flexibility required a unique approach… Uhbik-Q is a revelation!
Maximum flexibility from a minimum of controls, low CPU without compromising transparency. Uhbik-Q combines freely tunable frequency bands (4-pole filters, not the usual 2-pole!) with presets for other options. Q-factors automatically adjust to gain, an optional ‘mid’ bell curve filter adjusts to the two main bands… judging by the simple GUI, you would never guess just how much this EQ can do!
Uhbik-Q is available to purchase for the introductory price of $19 USD until November 5th, 2012 (regular $39 USD).
Jiggery-Pokery has announced the release of its Shelob Audio Bypass Splitter, “”Super-Spider” audio/CV routers Rack Extension for Propellerhead’s Reason.
Not your typical, common-or-garden Spider, “Shelob” is the first super-arachnid for Reason: a 4-in/20-out audio splitter. Each channel features one stereo in and five stereo outs: a pass-through, plus four independent splits. All outputs feature an off/on toggle switch and visual feedback of channel activity.
Shelob Audio Bypass Splitter features
- Three-mode fade-time adjustment—Instant, Linear fade (1-100ms), Analogue-modelled CF fade (100ms-20s).
- Stripe input mirroring—Auto-route an incoming signal to the next available channel/s.
- Four separate stereo audio splitter channels—Four input channels each with four alphabetically-named splitter sub-channels; All the sub-channels are independently switchable.
- Passthrough/Group On-Off switch—Use a channels Pass output jacks as an additional “dry” output, and the Pass switch to select between either the split signals or the dry signal. Leave the pass jacks unconnected and use the Pass switch itself to turn the whole channel on and off.
- Grouped splits—Use multiple “Shelob” channels to create groups of effects.
The Shelob Rack Extension is available from Propllerhead Software for 7.50 EUR.
In this video, Line 6′s Propellerhead Product Specialist Matt Piper shows you how to use Propellerhead’s new Radical Piano Rack Extension as a Send Effect for processing audio. Although the example in the video shows the effect being used on drums, this effect can also sound great on vocals or solo instruments.
In this video the Propellerheads will walk you through some of the sound sculpting potential in Radical Piano, a new Rack Extension available for Reason 6.5.
Radical Piano gives you three sampled pianos paired with the technology to make an infinite number of your own. Thanks to its blend between sampling technology and physical modeling, Radical Piano is a lightweight, flexible, and bendable piano instrument that provides sounds for every situation and every song, from ultra-clean to creakingly natural — and beyond.
With Radical Piano you can do things that are otherwise impossible; not only in multi-gigabyte sample libraries but even in the recording of actual acoustic pianos. Do you wish your close mic’d grand piano sounded just a little bit more like a vintage mono upright piano? Use the microphone blend to create a hybrid sound. Route audio, like a vocal, through the jacks on the back of Radical Piano to hear it resonate the strings as if you had recorded piano and vocals together live, in the same room. What if with the turn of a knob you could transform the tonal characteristics of your piano, shifting from a soft intimate performance to a bright aggressive instrument that will cut through your mix? We’ve got that knob and it’s called “Character.”
- Three pianos: Home Grand, Deluxe Grand, and Upright
- Choose a blend of vintage mono, ambience, floor, jazz and close mics
- Go from horror movie soundtrack to sharp cut-through-the-mix piano with the Subdued and Agitated Character settings
- Adjustable velocity response puts you in control of the performance — play quietly or with exaggerated dynamics
- Set the amount of resonance, and key and pedal noises you want for a natural or surgically clean sound
- The built-in EQ, reverb and compressor lets you tweak your sound further to sit perfectly in the mix
- Tons of preset sounds included — Pianos for every situation and every song
Vintage Space Chorus VST Demo by Softrave:
Vintage Space Chorus is intended to create unusual stereo chorus space effects good for rock, electronica, disco and experimental styles of music
Price is 11 Eu \ 15 usd
you can purchase plugin here
New Reason rack extensions – DR-1, AP-12 and VE-3:
Synapse Audio has announced the release of its DR-1, AP-12 and VE-3 Rack Extensions Propellerhead’s Reason.
Synapse Audio Software introduces three high quality Rack Extension effect plugins for Propellerhead’s Reason: DR-1 Deep Reverb, AP-12 Analog Phaser, and VE-3 Vintage Equalizer.
New Synapse Audio Rack Extensions
- DR-1—Inspired by a high-end 1980s outboard reverb, the Synapse Deep Reverb DR-1 delivers a deep, lush sound not found in modern software reverbs. Rather than trying to imitate real spaces, the DR-1 gives an uncolored and pleasant reverb sound that is especially well suited for synthetic material and lead sounds.
- AP-12—The Synapse AP-12 emulates vintage analog phasers, which are composed of a series of phase shifting stages with a feedback path wrapped around them. The phase shifting stages (switchable between 6 and 12 stages) are modulated by a LFO, which can be synchronized to the current song tempo.
- VE-3—he Synapse Vintage EQ-3 is a precise model of a 3-band analog tone stack, as found in late 50s guitar amplifiers. The unique sound of these devices is due to the coupled, passive circuits employed, where changing any parameter affects the entire network in a complex way. This is different from a digital parametric EQ, which operates on just one isolated region of interest.
The DR-1 and AP-12 are available to purchase at 32 EUR each, VE-3 is 25 EUR.
Twin Bass free bass synth plugin:
The Interruptor has released version 1.1 of the Twin Bass bass synthesizer instrument for Windows.
VSTi Bass Synthesizer with a double filter architecture allowing to create rich mid-range bass textures together with a solid sub bass foundation. Also vocal-like timbres can be easily created. Features an extensive modulation matrix and individual outs for the filters.
Twin Bass features
- 2 Oscillators: Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle, Pulse, Noise.
- 2 Filters operating in parallel (connection in series is also possible).
- Filter 1: 2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass.
- Filter 2: stereo filter with separate cut-off for left and right side (2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass).
- Feedback loop for the entire filter section.
- Distortion effect with two modes
- hard: metallic distortion sound.
- soft: tube-like warm distortion.
- 3 x LFO, synchronized to host application.
- 3 x ADSR Envelope.
- Matrix: 5 modulation slots connect 12 modulation sources to 26 modulation destinations. Pitch bend, amplifier envelope and filter envelope are pre-wired.
- Process external signals: In Oscillator 2 an external signal can be selected as the waveform.
- MIDI learn: Right-click any control to assign a midi control and automate the parameter from your DAW.
- Monophonic modes with glide.
- Polyphonic modes with max. 8 simultaneous notes.
- Individual Outs are available for the two Filters.
- Structure display shows the signal flow of the synth as it results from your settings of the filter and FX routings.
- Pop-up hints: While the mouse hovers over a control a hint appears explaining the function of the control.
The Twin Bass is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
Rob Papen has announced that he is bringing RP Predator synthesizer to Propellerhead Reason as a Rack Extension, Predator RE.
Predator is a “phat sounding” killer synthesizer that combines inspiring presets and first-class features to make this your ‘go-to’ synth for contemporary music production.
The user interface has been designed so that almost all controls are visible on screen, making it fun and incredibly easy-to-use. And if you’re unsure about a particular synth function, simply right click your mouse to access the help screen.
Predator is packed with powerful features such as Preset Quick Browser, Preset bank mananger, Preset Morphing, Intelligent Preset Variation, MIDI and Synth Controllable FX, Unison Detune, Chord Memory and an extremely versatile Arpeggiator.
Included preset banks: HipHop (NY, Club, DirtySouth and Gfunk) banks. Jump, hardcore, breakbeat, various Trance styles, DnB banks. Hardcore dance, House, SFX banks and much more…
Last but not least …Predator also includes PredatorFX, allowing you to use the incredible filters, modulations, effects and vocoder as an FX plug-in within your music host.
Predator 1.6 is out now with even more presets included klangMedium “Ambient bank/Downbeat bank” and JoMal bank.
Details are to be announced for Predator RE, but Papen says it will be available soon.
Re-Tron by GForce Software is the new Rack Extension Tron for Propellerheads’ Reason. This video highlights the lineage of its sounds directly from the Streetly Tapes and several of the instrument’s features.
Two Great Sounds in One Rack at Last! KORG’s Legendary Polysix is recreated in software as a “Rack Extension” available for Reason 6.5
FXpansion Etch Red: an exciting and great-sounding filtering effect based on DCAM circuit-modelled technology and now available as a Reason Rack Extension.
Etch Red features dual filters with 38 available filter responses, realistic audio-rate FM, flexible routing, additional drive & compression stages, and our unique TransMod modulation system with 2 LFOs, envelopes and more.
Availability & Pricing
Etch Red is available as a download-only product from the Propellerhead Online Shop
Pricing is USD $49.00, EUR €39.00 inc VAT where applicable.