Electrify is a very powerful and flexible sample based groove machine. It does look a bit complex at first but that is only because it contains so many features. It’s just a matter of setting up sequences for each sample, then triggering each clip to create your arrangement. There are 8 tracks to work with and 8 layers to create variation or multiple song parts. There is a non-destructive sample editor to shape each sample and 2 effect busses each with 9 effects each to choose from. The mastering section contains an equaliser and compressor to further tighten the mix. Samples can be pasted in from the general pasteboard but it also comes with a great collection so you can get straight in and start creating. It’s worth spending the time to understand the workflow of Electrify because it is designed for live performances so it is easy to use. The live recording feature is perfect for creating both evolving loops, complete songs and interesting rhythm tracks. I love this app because it creates such good results, so rating this app is very easy….A Killer App!
Review by Nick Trass
Download Strum for FREE for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch! http://bit.ly/Strum_YT
Turn your life into a music video!
Introducing Strum, a new app that transforms your video into a music video in just seconds. Smule’s advanced audio filters automatically compose music to match your video. With over 20 different visual and audio styles, from simple background melodies to outrageous remixes, you will create a unique experience every time. Share your videos with your friends, and follow creative people from all over the world. Each day, discover inspiring new videos from the Strum community.
Check back frequently for new and limited-time filters!
Background description below:
Only 1 basic 909 drum pattern, 1 synth bass pattern and preset, 1 Vibes realtime recorded loop and some chords… This came during the testing session, shot with the iPhone. Note that this is not the demonstration of the full sonic possibilities.
Taking the Bong-Ra samples for a spin.
Drum & Bass
All used samples are available in the in-app store.
Wizdom Music’s Samplewiz, Morphwiz and Geo Synthesizer with some other favorites!! Samplr, Gestrument, TC-11, Animoog, iTabla pro, Ellipsynth, Borderlands and Garage band!
All you can eat apps
The ever inventing Jordan Rudess (Dream Theatre) is exploring his own apps, details below:
A fun look at the apps created by Wizdom Music.
Our website is: http://www.wizdommusic.com/
You can now follow us on twitter at @wizdommusicapps
The keyboard I’m using is IK Multimedia’s iRig keyboard.
It plugs directly into my iOS devices and does not need additional power or a midi interface! Also I used the awesome Looptastic app by Soundtrends for some backing track help.
Geo Synthesizer, SpaceWiz, MorphWiz and SampleWiz
Just testing out the Audioid app for Android – includes a TB-303 and TR-808 emulation and effects.
AUDIOID is an advanced mobile electronic music rhythm composer for Android, combining the mythical TR-808 drum machine and the TB-303 bassline/groovebox with real-time filters, effects, randomness and a live approach.
- Tap pad
- Bpm detector
- More effects (reverb, delay, chorus, etc…)
- More drum kits (909, 606, etc…)
- File save/load/export/import
- Equalizer presets
- A second TB-303 bassline/groovebox
- Better UI and better performance
- Sound quality 16-bit PCM at 44KHz or 22Khz
- Minimal latency supported by the device
- Linear and logarithmic knobs and bars
- Visual pitches synced with the tempo
- TR-808 drum machine style and sounds
- TB-303 bassline / groovebox
- Independent mixer levels for the drum machine, the bassline and fxs
- Independent levels, mutes, solos and fxs for each drums
- Memory of 4 banks of 8 patterns with 16 instruments containing 16 steps maximum each
- Memory of 4 banks of 8 patterns with 39 notes containing 16 steps maximum each
- Pattern edition (Copy, Clear, Cut, Paste, Randomize)
- Real-time effects (Flanger, Phaser, Distortion and Bitcrusher) with various parameters
- Audio FFT visualizer (waveform and frequency bands)
- Multitouch equalizer from -10dB to +10dB for each supported frequency band
- Low pass frequency filters from 1 Hz to 22kHz
- Fine and terribly efficient bass boost
- Presets can be saved and restored at any time
-Scape app with ipad 1
-Figure app with iPod touch 4g
Team Popo has released BeatEvolve, a generative music app in which the grid of notes can ‘evolve’ according to rules such as Conway’s Game of Life.
Anyone can make music with BeatEvolve! With 31 instruments to choose from, the intuitive interface lets you combine 3 layers of harmonies to create awesome riffs!
Select from one of six preset evolution rules or create your own from scratch then sit back and watch as the music changes all by itself.
- Three layers.
- 31 instruments.
- Six evolution presets including Conway’s famous Game Of Life.
- Experiment by creating your own evolution rules.
- Flip, rotate and shift the patterns you make.
- Tempo adjust.
- Save your musical creations to use later or show off to your friends.
WretchUp is a unique handheld effect and instrument for the iPhone that anyone can play. Developed by Mouse on Mars, it’s easy to learn, but also sophisticated enough that it’s heavily used in their live shows and new albums. Now with your help, we want to bring it to everyone.
“We’re launching an IndieGogo campaign to support developing WretchUp for all iOS users. (With enough funding, we’ll port to Android, too.) We’ll share exclusive music, updates from the band and development team, and more with backers – plus, of course, the app. And the entire project will be open source, including iOS projects and a free Pure Data (Pd) patch for users of any OS.
Here, Andi and Jan explain what the app is about and how they use it.”
See you on IndieGogo!
Peter KIRN, createdigitalmusic.com
Jan St. Werner, Mouse on Mars
Andi Toma, Mouse on Mars
Shot at Mouse on Mars’ studio at the Funkhaus, Berlin; edited by Peter Kirn