The ever inventing Jordan Rudess (Dream Theatre) is exploring his own apps, details below:
A fun look at the apps created by Wizdom Music.
Our website is: http://www.wizdommusic.com/
You can now follow us on twitter at @wizdommusicapps
The keyboard I’m using is IK Multimedia’s iRig keyboard.
It plugs directly into my iOS devices and does not need additional power or a midi interface! Also I used the awesome Looptastic app by Soundtrends for some backing track help.
Geo Synthesizer, SpaceWiz, MorphWiz and SampleWiz
Just testing out the Audioid app for Android – includes a TB-303 and TR-808 emulation and effects.
AUDIOID is an advanced mobile electronic music rhythm composer for Android, combining the mythical TR-808 drum machine and the TB-303 bassline/groovebox with real-time filters, effects, randomness and a live approach.
- Tap pad
- Bpm detector
- More effects (reverb, delay, chorus, etc…)
- More drum kits (909, 606, etc…)
- File save/load/export/import
- Equalizer presets
- A second TB-303 bassline/groovebox
- Better UI and better performance
- Sound quality 16-bit PCM at 44KHz or 22Khz
- Minimal latency supported by the device
- Linear and logarithmic knobs and bars
- Visual pitches synced with the tempo
- TR-808 drum machine style and sounds
- TB-303 bassline / groovebox
- Independent mixer levels for the drum machine, the bassline and fxs
- Independent levels, mutes, solos and fxs for each drums
- Memory of 4 banks of 8 patterns with 16 instruments containing 16 steps maximum each
- Memory of 4 banks of 8 patterns with 39 notes containing 16 steps maximum each
- Pattern edition (Copy, Clear, Cut, Paste, Randomize)
- Real-time effects (Flanger, Phaser, Distortion and Bitcrusher) with various parameters
- Audio FFT visualizer (waveform and frequency bands)
- Multitouch equalizer from -10dB to +10dB for each supported frequency band
- Low pass frequency filters from 1 Hz to 22kHz
- Fine and terribly efficient bass boost
- Presets can be saved and restored at any time
-Scape app with ipad 1
-Figure app with iPod touch 4g
Team Popo has released BeatEvolve, a generative music app in which the grid of notes can ‘evolve’ according to rules such as Conway’s Game of Life.
Anyone can make music with BeatEvolve! With 31 instruments to choose from, the intuitive interface lets you combine 3 layers of harmonies to create awesome riffs!
Select from one of six preset evolution rules or create your own from scratch then sit back and watch as the music changes all by itself.
- Three layers.
- 31 instruments.
- Six evolution presets including Conway’s famous Game Of Life.
- Experiment by creating your own evolution rules.
- Flip, rotate and shift the patterns you make.
- Tempo adjust.
- Save your musical creations to use later or show off to your friends.
WretchUp is a unique handheld effect and instrument for the iPhone that anyone can play. Developed by Mouse on Mars, it’s easy to learn, but also sophisticated enough that it’s heavily used in their live shows and new albums. Now with your help, we want to bring it to everyone.
“We’re launching an IndieGogo campaign to support developing WretchUp for all iOS users. (With enough funding, we’ll port to Android, too.) We’ll share exclusive music, updates from the band and development team, and more with backers – plus, of course, the app. And the entire project will be open source, including iOS projects and a free Pure Data (Pd) patch for users of any OS.
Here, Andi and Jan explain what the app is about and how they use it.”
See you on IndieGogo!
Peter KIRN, createdigitalmusic.com
Jan St. Werner, Mouse on Mars
Andi Toma, Mouse on Mars
Shot at Mouse on Mars’ studio at the Funkhaus, Berlin; edited by Peter Kirn
Echo Pad for iPad/iPhone (universal) coming soon!
Echo Pad is a realtime Echo effect processor featuring a unique delay + sound on sound looper controlled by a multi-touch XY interface on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch device.
Use the built in mic on your headphones, plug in a guitar, microphone, synth, drum machine, iOS device, or whatever you want using an audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or MIC, or one of the many other compatible iOS and USB audio interfaces. (Verified up to date list of compatible audio interfaces below.)
Echo Pad was born out of love for tape echoes, sound on sound loopers and noisy, dirty analog delay pedals. Echo Pad excels at hands on warping delay tones and controlled feedback, and is not afraid to get loud.
Great for both live performance and sound design, Echo Pad was designed to have fun with the ability to sculpt a wide range of delay tones from subtle rhythms to heavy, dubbed out ambient swirls, to aggressive feedback explosions.
Mode Machines App is used as a MIDI controller with virtual instruments.
Will definitely put this one up on my download list for the Ipad
Square Beats has a unique and very simple interface, but accomplishes so much.
It starts by presenting a set of squares to you that are timed from left to right.
You simply tap on one of these squares to activate its sound. Hit some more and you have your first loop, but that’s just one set. Pinch Out and you can create the next.
You not only can attach different instruments and sounds to every set you also can put them next or on top of each other to create a complex beat.
Sounds difficult? It’s really not.
Everything like setting the tempo, changing instruments, pitch, sustain or volume is easily done with just a few fingertips. Even the key of a set can be changed like that.
Within minutes Square Beats lets you sketch out ideas or create astonishing beats by just exploring the app playfully.
You can save your songs and export them to an audio file.
You want to share them with your friends? No problem. We build in an option to let you post your beats to SoundCloud.
Square Beat comes with 96 instruments. If that’s still not enough, you can create your own instruments within the app.
And last but not least: Square Beats looks freaking cool too. Try it.
Square Beats – Main Features:
• 96 different Instruments
• including 17 Drumkits
• Instrument Creator
• Beat Switcher
• Variable Number of Blocks per Set
• Set-based Volume Contoller
• Set-based Sustain Controller
• Set-based Pitch Controller
• Set-based Key Settings
• Exportoption to SoundCloud
• Export to Audio File
The new DJ Rig from IK Multimedia that we have been featuring earlier this week has now been released in the AppStore. They say that DJ Rig for iPad takes professional mobile DJ mixing to a completely new level, providing a comprehensive suite of professional DJ mixing tools, all in one convenient app. DJ Rig for iPad greatly expands the feature set from DJ Rig for iPhone, offering numerous new capabilities that previously have only been available on professional DJ software for the Mac and PC.
With DJ Rig for iPad, mobile DJs will possess the virtual equivalent of a full professional DJ setup — two turntables or CD players, a DJ mixer, a DJ multi-effects unit, a phrase sampler and more, all in an portable package to take their spin to the next level, anytime and everywhere. With DJ mixer, a DJ multi-effects unit, a phrase sampler and more, all in a portable package to take their spin to the next level, anytime and everywhere.
DJ Rig for iPad is a fully self-contained DJ environment that can be directly connected to a sound system, but even more functionality is available when it’s used in tandem with IK’s new iRig MIX ultra-compact mobile DJ mixer. iRig Mix offers complete physical track control, thanks to its full-length channel faders and crossfaders, additional EQs, and direct connections for headphones, microphones, loudspeakers or a PA system. When used together, DJ Rig and iRig MIX provide a comprehensive DJ setup that packs all the features the most demanding DJs need — all in an ultra-light combo rig that can be up and running in seconds.
Professional DJing for the first time on iPad
- Familiar double Deck configuration with a triple twist — When first launched, DJ Rig for iPad looks and feels very familiar — its interface accurately replicates a full dual-deck hardware rig with each deck routed through the audio output jack on the iPad (split stereo). What’s different is that each deck has three visual modes: “Vinyl” for traditional creative scratch effects, “Digital” jog for a more traditional CD manipulation and the new “Waveform” view for accurate cue placement, synchronization and visualization of beats.
- Sync, mix & scratch — DJ Rig for iPad with CloneDeck™ technology allows DJs to mix and scratch on their iPads, just like they would with hardware counterparts. The built-in dual-deck system with a crossfader allows them to mix with ultra-accurate precision, and the Tempo Sync, X-Sync and Beat Match functions automatically align the beats from any two sources for flawless transitions. The new AutoMix feature will automatically crossfade and mix music to keep the beat going even when the DJ steps away.
- New creative DJ effects provide unlimited sonic possibilities – DJ Rig for iPad features 18 available BPM-synced DJ effects for customizing mixes and build-ups, always at the perfect tempo. Effects include Delay, Flanger, Crush, HP filter, LP filter, BP filter, Compressor,Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, and Stutter, plus 6 completely new effects: Noise, Tail, Brake, Spin, Twist UP and Twist DOWN. The X/Y effects interface provides full creative control and real-time manipulation that will inspire DJs to be their creative best.
- On-board sampler with expandable sound banks – DJ Rig for iPad features an “on-the-fly” sampler with 9 accessible and assignable pads for adding sound bites and samples to mixes. For even more creative flexibility, DJ Rig for iPad provides “live sampling” and “looping” functions for completely customizing and personalizing the mix.
DJ Rig for iPad features:
- Customizable deck display with Vinyl, Waveform or Digital Deck interface with accurate scratching engine with CloneDeck™ technology
- Waveform display mode for ultra-precise visual cueing
- Fast BPM detection and beat map analysis with Tempo Sync and Beat Match
- X-Sync mode detects the BPM from external audio sources and automatically syncs the audio/tempo of internal decks to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
- Advanced looping section with continuous loop surface; create loops with tempo divisions always to the beat; manual and slip mode available
- 18 effects: Delay, Flanger, Crush, HP filter, LP filter, BP filter, Compressor, Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, Stutter and more, with X/Y touch interface control
- 6 new creative effects: Noise, Tail, Brake, Spin, Twist UP and Twist DOWN
- On-the-fly expandable sampler machine with 9 pads and 4 banks slot
- Live sampling functionality with volume and pitch control
- 5 visual cue points per song and Auto Cue for automatic first beat positioning
- 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades and crossfade filter
- Direct access to iPod Music library and playlists
- AutoMix Feature for automatic mixing of playlists or entire library
- Live recorder allows recording of full mixing gigs
- Supports/plays all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup
Pricing and Availability:
DJ Rig for iPad is available at an introductory price of $19.99/€15.99 from the App Store on iPad. A limited free version of DJ Rig for iPad is also available for download.
Virsyn describes their new Harmony Voice app as a pitch shifter and harmonizer with professional features including automatic tuning correction.
Virsyn says that you can sing and Harmony voice will add up to four voices according to the chords you play with the piano keyboard or, alternatively, instead of playing the chords yourself you can let Harmony Voice play the chords automatically to enrich the sound of your voice in a musically pleasant way.
The voice character can be adjusted in a way that you can turn a female voice into a male voice and the other way round, while a realtime visual intonation-display gives you feedback of the tunes you sing.
- Four part realtime Harmonizer / Pitch corrector
- Different Harmonizer modes:
- Manual harmonization by playing chords with up to four notes while singing
- Automatic harmonization ( Kraehenbuehl )
- Play base note and Harmony Voice adds appropriate chords
- Directly play the tunes for up to four voices with the keyboard.
- Select key note and scale for harmonization and pitch correction.
- Harmonies can be in just ( Barbershop ) or tempered tuning.
- Mix your original voice with the harmonized parts.
- Change the voice character.
- Play background track from your iTunes library.
- Hi-end reverb effect for room simulation.
- Chorus and Delay effect.
- Use a CoreMIDI compatible Interface to control Harmony Voice with a MIDI Keyboard.
- Audio recorder with Metronome.
- Upload to SoundCloud and File Export.
- Audio pasteboard for exchange with other Apps
Pricing and Availability: