If Yello have made an app, and the coding was done by Jonatan Liljedahl (AudioShare dev) then it’s got to be good! Here’s the app’s description, and it’s free, so grab it now!
Yellofier makes anything into music. Record your voice, a musical instrument or everyday noises. Within seconds the app magically turns them into groovy music.
Edit the sounds and effects by moving and twisting colored blocks. Yellofier doesn’t look like any other music program. You can create a full song within minutes – even without knowing anything about music!
Create unique music with your own sounds and with the sounds of Yello’s musical maestro Boris Blank. The Yellofier also includes sounds and songs by some of the greatest musicians within electronic music. Anything can be yellofied!
- Automatically slice your sound into 8 pieces and create a groove
- Combine sounds and effects in an innovative step sequencer
- Multiple effects and variations
- Share your work
- 32 bundled sounds by Boris Blank
- Songs and sounds by the finest artists within electronic music: Carl Craig, Henrik Schwarz, The Orb, Trentemøller, Booka Shade, Orbital, The The, Thomas Fehlmann, Charles Webster, Håkan Lidbo and more…
For best sound, use headphones.
The demo tracks in Yellofier are under copyright protection.
Learn more about Yellofier and discover more of Yello’s music at yello.com
Produced by Boris Blank
Developed by Jonatan Liljedahl
Designed by Håkan Ullberg
Concept by Håkan Lidbo
Loopseque Mini – music app for iPhone – has been updated few hours ago with many great features on board.
Intergration with Audiobus and MIDI support allows to use Loopseque with hardware drum machines, synths and other iOS music apps.
See full list of new features below:
NEW EFFECTS SET:
– Delay (two modes: stereo and ping-pong).
– Filter (LP, HP and LFO).
– Reverb (change size, wet/dry and dump).
– Beat Repeater (reverse mode and manual quantize).
All FXs can be easily assigned to each of 4 channels, we call it one-button extra fast routing.
MIDI (iOS 6 or higher):
– MIDI-out: Clock, Events, CC, Latency.
– MIDI-in: Clock.
– MIDI note for each circle: channel, velocity, root key.
– Attack, Release, Start and Length for each note.
– Chord maker presets.
– Pad for X/Y parameters, slider and trigger buttons.
– Audiobus support.
– Background audio.
– New BPM control.
– New Tools popover.
– Minor GUI improves.
– OMAC support.
Sequence is a new euclidean MIDI sequencer for iPhone // Launching 04 March 2013
The circular patterns of notes in Sequence are generated by an algorithm created by Eric Bjorklund. Originally developed for timing sequences on spallation neutron source accelerators, the musical potential of the algorithm was first recognized by Godfried Toussaint, a researcher interested in musical geometry at McGill University.
The algorithm finds the most ideal temporal distribution of pulses given a number of steps, giving a recognizable performance of western and African rhythms when input with odd and even pulses and steps. In summary, it makes great polyrhythmic techno.
Sequence 1.0 features a collection of about 30 samples for your techno pleasure. The app also sports MIDI output to pipe to your favorite iOS sampler, DAW, or hardware device.
On the roadmap for version 2.0, we’d like to introduce Audiobus support, functions for recording sessions, and the ability to import your own samples. We’ll also probably add OSC and support the iPhone 5 screen.
Transform your voice into a mesmerizing instrument. Morph and shape the sounds you create by exploring Vio’s entrancing interface. Learn more at http://transformyourvoice.com
Sonic adventures — always in tune
Build sonic universes from your own voice. The innovative audio engine behind Vio goes far beyond existing voice effects to create novel, futuristic vocal styles. Vio’s sound spaces vary in character from edgy and energetic to mellow and relaxing. Vio surprises and inspires your creativity: you may not intend to do something, and it comes out cool. Whether you are an amateur or seasoned professional, Vio’s pitch correction technology ensures that everyone sounds in tune and is beautifully harmonized.
Explore each sound space by touching Vio’s swirling particle vortex. Move the vortex around the screen and change how your voice is transformed – harmony is added or subtracted, melodies emerge and disappear, and reverberations shape shift.
Double-tap the screen, loop what you have just sung or hummed, and focus on morphing your sound with the particle visualizer.
Recording & Sharing
Record your performances and share them via email, SoundCloud, Dropbox, or iTunes file sharing. Choose between compressed and high quality audio files.
Visit http://squareb.co/vio to learn about advanced features like changing keys and recording high quality audio.
Teaser for a new iOS app
Using the Korg Monotron (Pocket Synth) As Analog Video Filter.
PixiVisor is a revolutionary tool for audio-visual experiments. It is based on the video signal transmission over audio (you can listen to the sound of your image).
More info: http://warmplace.ru/soft/pixivisor
PixiVisor is a revolutionary tool for audio-visual experiments. Simple and fun, cross-platform application with unlimited potential for creativity!
It consists of two parts: Transmitter and Receiver.
* Transmitter converts the video (static 64×64 image or 10FPS animation) to sound, pixel by pixel (progressive scan). This lets you listen to the sound of your image. But the main function of the Transmitter is to transmit the signal to the receiving devices.
* Receiver converts the sound (from microphone or Line-in input) back to video. You can set the color palette for this video, and record it to animated GIF file.
* file formats supported by Transmitter: JPEG, PNG, GIF (static and animated);
* real-time video export to animated GIF;
* 64 predefined color palettes;
* iTunes File Sharing;
* Wi-Fi Export/Import (in the File menu of the Transmitter);
* it also available for Android, Windows, Linux and OSX;
* more functions in the next PixiVisor updates…
Examples of use:
* wireless Lo-Fi video transmission over audio;
* video signal transmission through audio cable; you can then modify that signal by some mixers or audio FX processors;
* sound visualization;
* save any sound to animated GIF;
* hide some images and animation in your music;
* searching for hidden messages in the ambient noise; EVP;
* something else; reveal it first!
Official PixiVisor homepage + test broadcasts + more videos:
“nice! nice update! Splendid sound quality. Splendid version upgrade”
What’s New in Version 1.4
• SoundCloud Sharing – share your Figure tracks with access to Facebook, Twitter and more
• Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information
The new feature in Audulus 1.10: Make a connection to ANY KNOB! Audulus is a minimalist modular audio processing application. Design sound from first principles. With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus’s user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound.
Logique Analogique is a simulation of a real circuit board that includes an 8-bit binary counter, analog implementation of logic functions, and 4 channel, 1-bit sound generation.
To quote the developer, “The Logique Analogique sequencer consists of an 8-bit binary counter and four tracks which generate pulse waves when a user-defined majority function depending on the counter bits is true. Switches which select the counter bits (or their logic inverse) and a threshold voltage define the majority function. The output is calculated as the XOR function of the four tracks’ signals, which produces a ring modulation like effect.”
“Complexities aside, this app creates incredibly powerful sounds, with a seemingly endless amount of rhythmic possibilities. The sounds can be layered to create ring modulation type effects, with both pitch and threshold control to further shape the sound. The sequencer makes it possible to create evolving patterns or complete songs, using the tap & drag method to easily create your sequence. I would suggest starting slowly with this app, to hear the effect of each switch or dial, but then dive in and explore. It has to be noted that this app does not offer any method of recording yet, but both MIDI and Audio Copy are currently being considered for the future. Despite these missing necessities, I have to say that I’m incredibly impressed with the power of this app, and for the first time, I’m willing to connect my iPad to another source to record my creations. I haven’t found another app that creates such intense sonic delights as this does. I’m so taken with Logique Analogique, that even without recording or MIDI, I still have to rate it … A Killer App!”
Caelestis is a sample based generative music app that creates unique and very interesting results. It uses bouncing balls that generate notes as they bounce off the walls of the three different shaped rooms. The sound balls can be initiated at any velocity, and the shaped rooms can be rotated at different speeds to create interesting combinations. Each sample can be pitched by semitone increments, and assigned to one of three octave ranges. It is a free app with a $0.99 in-app purchase for importing and exporting samples and recordings. I should note that all file management is accessed through the Audio Copy section, and for referencing tempo, you need to run a drum app in the background. But I have to say that I find this app to be very impressive, with a great range of features, and it’s very easy to use. The unique layers of sounds and rhythms really make Caelestis … A Killer App!
Review by Nick Trass