Quick and Dirty patch featuring the EliKing Light sensitive delay soda-POP can and a mildly modded TR-606 drum machine with individual outs.
Wanted to see how the EMS AKS handles audio through the Hi Input channels.
TR 606 outputs:
Snare massaged then to Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
Hihats to EliKing Light sensitive delay soda-POP can.
HiTom Trigger out to AKS #1 (Hi Input Ch.2)
Headphone out to AKS #2 (Hi Input Ch.2)
Main output to AKS #1 (Hi Input Ch.1)
Steiner-Crumar Masters Touch breath controlled resonant analog filter and CV controller puts out voltage from breath, bite and touch. Sooo much fun had the Breath Transducer going out to AKS #2 (Hi Input Ch.1).Only stinky breath is used in this vid!!! No bite or touch.
AKS #2s Signal Output goes into the wet and juicy Crumar filter.
The Roland Space Echo is a vintage Tape-Echo machine for creating true analog echo effects. The RE-201 is a simple system in which a small loop of tape records an incoming signal and immediately plays the recorded sound back over a couple playback heads before being erased over by new incoming audio. A real analog system with warm, gritty and almost noiseless operation, the Space Echo can provide warm, unpredictable and highly tweakable echo effects.
There are twelve settings to adjust various tape loop speeds, number of repeats, levels, intensity, etc… It can even generate some of its own feedback loops for instant sci-fi effects. It features a built in spring reverb for even more classic analog effects. The RE-201 not only has Vintage appeal but is still widely used to get those dubby, slightly unpredictable, musically analog echo effects.
In this video:
Discovered a killer patch while hanging out in the studio. Serge Creature & Sequencer-A modules sent through a Roland Space Echo RE-150 & the clean channel from the Space Echo sent to a Boss DD7 Delay.
This video shows the new Echoes Analog Echo Box plug-in by Nomad Factory. The plug-in is available for both Mac and Windows in VST, RTAS or AU format.
Nomad Factory has introduced Echoes, a virtual analog delay effect plug-in for Mac and PC that emulates classic delays, including:
- PLX-1 based on Echoplex 1;
- PLX-3 based on Echoplex 3;
- OILCAN based on Tel-Ray Oilcan Delay;
- EHX-DM based on Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man; and
- ADM-2 based on Boss DM-2 Analog Delay.
Nomad Factory Echoes is available now for $129.
- ECHO TIME: Controls the time from 20 to 2000ms of analog delay.
- PANNING: Center position for stereo pan, left or right causes ping pong effect.
- ECHO MODE: Choose from 5 classic analog delay effects.
- REPEATS: Controls the feedback amount of the delay effect.
- MIX: Controls the balance of the wet /dry signal.
- EXTRA KNOBS: 3 additional preset knobs that change according to the currently selected mode.
- PLX-1: Wow & Flutter, Drive and Echo Level
- PLX-3: Bass, Treble and Echo Level
- EHX-DM: Mod Speed, Mod Depth and Echo Level
- OILCAN: Tone, Variation and Echo Level
- ADM-2: Bass, Treble and Echo Level
- SYNC SWITCH: Sync your delays to your song’s master tempo
- VINTAGE SWITCH: Give your delays that vintage analog sound by filtering the repeats
- STEREO WIDENER: Increases the width of the delay. Lowest setting is true mono
- INPUT: Sets the input level of Echoes
- OUTPUT: Sets the output level of Echoes
- POWER bypasses the entire unit
WOK has released Echo Freeze Unit EFU-1, a universal echo delay unit with hold function for Windows.
“EFU-1 is more than another delay plugin. Besides all the basic functions (host sync or milliseconds, digital/tape/analog sound, modulation) it features a distinctive freeze function; like some famous hardware delay units, the delay buffer can act like a sampler. Up to 4/1 bars of input signal can be recorded (or lets better say: frozen) and continously played back at a selectable speed – even reverse.
But EFU-1 is more flexible than hardware devices: while a frozen audio segment is played back, the delay unit remains useable – even at a different delay time / sync divider! Also to hold and freeze a signal it is possible to first choose ‘record’ and then send audio to the plugin, or you continously play thru the delay and if the ‘last loop’ was interesting, you hit ‘Record’ to freeze it!
And while the recorded phrase is played back – even reverse, you may continue to play along with it thru the delay at a different time setting. By the way: feedback can be cranked up until nearly endless, and in millisecond mode, the delay time can be changed smoothly from many seconds to very short – producing these famous dub sounds!”
Price: 29 EUR
The Telefunken Echomixer is a interesting German mono mixer from the year 1961. A great vintage piece with old discrete comoponents (old transistors, no tubes). It is a Mixer + an amazing spring reverberator. the first A channel is dry, and on B and C you can select the spring reverb amount between the two lower sliders.
Overdriving the input sounds also nice. I did this with a Roland TR-606. In the video I also play a Korg MS-20 through the Echomixer.
The Echomixer has only DIN jacks (they look like MIDI jacks).
It was used by Klaus Schulze.
NastyDLA – a classic chorus echo device with tape-delay simulation.
The device enables:
- classic chorus and echo effects
- authentic signal path coloration
- tape-delay style feedback and saturation
NastyDLA – a classic chorus echo device with tape-delay simulation
- input stage model including signal coloration and non-linearities (switchable)
- classic chorus/flanger effect with amount and rate control which automatically adopts to the delay line configuration
- frequency balancing filter for dead-easy overall tone adjustments in the feedback path
- two different feedback color modes
- feedback circuit and control which supports resonance up to self-oscillation
- standard DSP 12dB high-pass filter
- custom “tape style” low-pass filtering
- sophisticated “tape hiss” noise simulation
- negative or positive pre-delay
- comprehensive tape dynamics simulation taken from the core of the award winning FerricTDS
- the dynamics offers a slight audio ducking effect (switchable)
- two independent delay lines with up to 3sec delay time and sync to host
- delay time modulation with two different modes
- additional phase distortion (switchable)
- audio level metering display
- dry/wet controls plus “wet only” option
- power / bypass switch
- all parameters available through host automation
NastyDLA is a Windows x32 release for VST compatible applications and will be available as freeware early November.