MIDI Pattern Sequencer for iPad. Make a simple song demo.
MIDI Pattern Sequencer is a tool with powerful and at the same time very comfortable, intuitive and easy interface. It is the main feature, through which the sequencer can easily used by anyone, from beginner to professional, and everyone will find it most necessary for their own purposes. The sequencer is designed to control via MIDI any external sound modules, samplers, synthesizers and other applications running on iPad or another computer. Full support for external MIDI interfaces, network and virtual ports, synchronization with external devices and transport control makes this sequencer like playback control center for music devices or other applications.
- Classical data structure: Project – Song – Pattern.
- Four main control modes – Transport, Keyboard, Edit pattern, Edit cell.
- No need to save data. All changes will be saved automatically.
- Pattern tracks can be configured for notes or drum events.
- Real-time recording and editing patterns.
- Recording and editing events through internal keyboard or external devices.
- Playback one or more patterns at once. Start and stop patterns during playback.
- Changes pattern events (Transposition, Velocity, Duration) during playback.
- Editing individual events or changes all events in track.
- Length of pattern is defined by last note or can be set to fixed value.
- Correct simultaneous playback patterns with different length.
- Each pattern and song track have individual mute/solo function.
- Song can contain patterns from current project and patterns from any other projects.
- Extended set of editing functions for patterns and songs – insert, delete, move and scroll a single event or entire track.
- Ability to set track titles, pattern titles (pattern button titles) and drum pad titles.
- Set of different color schemes of interface.
What’s better than making music? Making music with a friend of course! And doing it instead of working, like Kalle and Mattias…
With ReBirth for iPad’s Duo mode two people can make squelchy techno music on the same iPad. Connect ReBirth to other equipment with MIDI Sync, or enable WIST sync to bring Figure or other WIST-enabled apps into the mix.
Musix Pro is the most innovative app for performing music. Music theory is baked right in through the use of a technique called isomorphic note layouts. Novices learn to play in minutes, and professionals benefit from built-in harmonic relationships between notes. Unlike other music apps, Musix Pro provides a wide range of octaves, scales, keys, chords and modes, without limiting your creativity. With multiple built-in instruments and support for OSC and Core/Virtual Midi, most existing synthesizers work beautifully with Musix Pro as a controller.
Traditional musical instruments are difficult to learn because notes are arranged based on physical constraints. Musix Pro arranges notes based on their harmonic and musical relationships instead, allowing shapes and patterns to emerge that unlock the mathematical beauty of music.
Musix Pro is a new isomorphic iPad /iPhone Instrument available on the app store.
Check it out here: http://get.musixapp.com/r/bXzD
Features Video: http://youtu.be/V5JQ61TSshQ
Braten Video: http://youtu.be/GYITcNsunGw
Escape Video: http://youtu.be/KSKv5H1qPBg
Why Musix Pro?
- Learn how to play every major and minor chord in minutes
- Learn one pattern and instantly play in any key
- Explore the harmonic relationships between notes
- Play along with your friends without being an expert
- Realize your own personal musicality
Download Strum for FREE for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch! http://bit.ly/Strum_YT
Turn your life into a music video!
Introducing Strum, a new app that transforms your video into a music video in just seconds. Smule’s advanced audio filters automatically compose music to match your video. With over 20 different visual and audio styles, from simple background melodies to outrageous remixes, you will create a unique experience every time. Share your videos with your friends, and follow creative people from all over the world. Each day, discover inspiring new videos from the Strum community.
Check back frequently for new and limited-time filters!
Youtube alias ‘skrapadelix’ takes us through the softer side of the Make Noise DPO:
I just wanted to share the softer side of the remarkable Make Noise DPO, the most organic and alive oscillator I have in my rack. This simple patch is just the Noisering into the uScale into the DPO in ‘Lock’ mode with a slow envelope softly plucking the Waveshaper ‘s vactrol. The result is a subtle mysterious timbre of understated beauty…
running “triqtraq” on iPad mini.
It’s so nice groove maker!!
Audio Interface : Presonus FireStudio Tube
DAW : Apple Logic
Effect Processor : Lexicon MX300
Camera : Sony DSC-HX30V
Music producers and DJ’s will find dozens of possibilities inside triqtraq to compose and tweak beats on the fly.
Jam out some grooves, tweak them with the advanced effect automation and the unique loop range feature, and chain patterns to build up entire tracks.
Are you just starting out making music? Don’t worry, triqtraq is straightforward enough to get you good sounding results quickly…
Grab your iPhone and start to improvise; live, in your studio or on your couch.
Pick sounds from the included sample library, or import your own samples to get that unique sound.
triqtraq strikes the right balance between musical possibilities and limitations and lets you focus on the most important part of making music… having FUN!
✔ create musical patterns fast and intuitively
✔ record beats live or by using the step editor
✔ automate all effects in real-time
✔ record/automate multiple tracks simultaneously
✔ specify the length of a sequence per track
✔ unlink automation envelopes from main tracks
✔ change sounds while jamming
✔ store up to 16 patterns
✔ chain up to 16 patterns with the queue feature
✔ switch seamlessly between patterns
✔ use the loop range to create poly-rhythms
✔ use sounds from the 350+ factory sample library
✔ import your own sounds via iTunes file sharing
Introduction to the LushOne Contour module. Demo of the VCA for controlling note dynamics and as a control voltage multiplier. For more details see http://lushprojects.com/lushone/contour/
Go to 06:40 for sound samples with VCA connected to ADSR to control dynamics.
Go to 13:44 for sound samples with VCA as a control voltage multiplier.
The LushOne Contour kit is the perfect second module to add to a LushOne system. The LushOne Contour provides a range of features that allow the LushOne to create richer, more exciting, more natural and more extreme sounds.
The LushOne Contour kit continues the design principles of the LushOne base. A single board design is used to keep costs low. All effects in the LushOne are generated using analogue electronics to capture the real experience of old-school synthesizers.
The LushOne Contour provides:
- Full Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release (ADSR) envelope generator
- Generates a control voltage that changes according to the ADSR parameters as a note plays
- Use to control the dynamic of a note creating more natural sounds
- Use to control other circuits such as the filter on the LushOne base for more wild electronic sounds.
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA)
- Modify the volume of a sound based on a control voltage. Provides tremolo and note contour effects.
- The VCA is DC coupled and can also be used as a control voltage multiplier. By multiplying control voltages together all kinds of complex electronic sounds can be generated. Try combining two LFO control voltages in this mode!
- Ring Modulator (RM)
- The ring modulator provides a rich, complex sound that evokes famous analogue synthesizers of the past. Ring Modulation is most famously used to provide the voice of the Daleks and the Cybermen in the television series Doctor Who.
- Utility Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) with square and triangle outputs
- Ideal as a control voltage input to the VCA or ring modulator to provide periodic effects
- Can also be used as a control voltage feed to any other LushOne CV input
- Signal breakin/breakout
- Connect the LushOne 2mm patch leads to phono/RCA sockets to allow easy interconnect to external systems
- Single board design including all controls and connectors (except power-in) providing straightforward construction and neat presentation. A laser cut case is available that contains the LushOne base and the Contour or it can easily be housed in a project box.
- Open-source access to schematics
For even richer effects one LushOne Base can be used with two Contour modules. One Contour will provide dynamic control of the note and the other will provide additional control voltage features like ADSR and multiplication.
The LushOne Contour is straightforward to build but it does have quite a high component count. It is recommended that you have some experience in building electronics before starting on this kit.
Echo Pad for iPad/iPhone (universal) coming soon!
Echo Pad is a realtime Echo effect processor featuring a unique delay + sound on sound looper controlled by a multi-touch XY interface on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch device.
Use the built in mic on your headphones, plug in a guitar, microphone, synth, drum machine, iOS device, or whatever you want using an audio interface such as the Apogee Jam or MIC, or one of the many other compatible iOS and USB audio interfaces. (Verified up to date list of compatible audio interfaces below.)
Echo Pad was born out of love for tape echoes, sound on sound loopers and noisy, dirty analog delay pedals. Echo Pad excels at hands on warping delay tones and controlled feedback, and is not afraid to get loud.
Great for both live performance and sound design, Echo Pad was designed to have fun with the ability to sculpt a wide range of delay tones from subtle rhythms to heavy, dubbed out ambient swirls, to aggressive feedback explosions.
The title track from 1983′s Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) album has one of the most instantly recognisable synth riffs around. There have been many different theories about the synths used on it, but the consensus seems to be that either an Oberheim OB-X was used for both the left and right riffs, or perhaps a Juno-6 and Roland SH-09 for the left and right channel riffs, probably sequenced using a Roland CSQ-100.
I guess asking Eurythmics themselves wasn’t an option
Background information on this tutorial below:
The iRig MIDI interface ( $ 60,00) connects the Magic Flute to an iPad to control not only the included SampleTank FREE but also a world of MIDI-compatible apps such as GarageBand.
In this clip reuben shows how it is been done
Both SampleTank, GarageBand and Thumbjam together will supply you with many great sounds. GarageBand has a limited set of sounds and even more limited on types of sounds, but what it does have are quite good. For just $5 it has a great sound bank.
Neither of these are very in-depth in the amount of sound editing capabilities but it is very user friendly!!
It is possible to assign breathcontoll in Sample tank but it is very limited and you need to use 2 extra apps to get the job done: MidiBridge and freewi. Maybe we get better control in the future , time will tell. So far I only could control the modulation wheel, any better results? let us know.