“Afterglow v3″ – the ultimate atmospheric resource ReFill for trance producers, jungle heads and ambient artists. It’s analog, it’s digital, it’s tender and raw, glitchy at times but above this all: Extremely Atmospheric !
All sounds have been meticulously designed to be combined with eachother in the exact way the user would like it to be heard. Get great malstroem-, suprising subtractor- and fantastic thor patches, furthermore 280 samples from analog and digital gear, physical modeling synths and also field recordings.
Version 3 adds 25 inspiring combinator patches mainly based on the new field recordings which are included in this version (the patch name addition “v3″ makes clear which patches are the new ones).
• 279 combinator patches in 6 folders: Atmospheres & Textures, FX Style, Keys, Miscellaneous, Pads, Rhythmic.
• 120+ NNXT patches, 60+ Malström patches, 50+ Thor patches and 15 Subtractor patches.
• 11 great demo tracks included.
“Boost 309 v4″ is based on the complete sample set of the vintage, lo-fi but charmingly sounding machine Rave-o-lution 309 by a company named Quasimidi. Soundcells has created 100 brand new combinator drum machines for you with these samples.
It all ranges from the old original 309 thing to amazing and unique patches that could have never been created within the 309 itself. Besides cool beats and complex, crazy rhythms Boost 309 will offer the user even more! Version 4 is an awesome update which adds 20 combinator patches: 5 combinator drum machines (plus their 5 shuffled counterparts) & 10 great playable combinator synth patches. Not to forget about the new Kong & ReDrum kits..
Boost 309 version 4 Contents:
• 230 combinator patches in 4 folders: Bass, Leads, Pads, Polyphone Synths.
• 100+ NNXT patches, 20 Kong kits, 26 ReDrum kits and over 300 samples from the original 309.
• 60+ rex loops making use of the “Boost 309″ drum machines as also the original machine.
• 5 tracks in RNS format – inspiring with highly ‘tutorialesque’ value.
Offering price per Unit is 19.90 ,- EUR (normally 29,90 ,- EUR)
Soundcells latest version of Salad Bar showcases a magnificent collection of Reason patches brought together in this ever growing ReFill.
They say that with the coming of Nordic Red it was clear that it wouldn´t take very long for the Salad Bar ReFill to get its latest update and that Version 7 is filled with 20 awesome Nordic Red patches as well as 15 exclusive Salad Bar only ones (111 SB-exclusives in total now).
Soundcells told us, “With its nearly 340 combinators this Reason 6 ReFill is stronger than ever before. Apart from that it´s a real bargain and must-have for the user and an excellent ambassador for Soundcells. Salad Bar’s patches will cover all kinds of music styles showing you the very best Soundcells has to offer. It’s a great ReFill to get to know Soundcells’ work, introducing you to their signature dimension in designing sound.”
Salad Bar v7 Contents:
- 332 combinator patches in 8 folders: Atmospheres & Textures, Bass, Keys, Leads, Miscellaneous, Pads, Rhythmic, SaladBar_exclusive (currently 111 ‘Salad Bar Only’ ones).
- 391 well balanced patches for Thor, Malstroem, Subtractor, NNXT and ReDrum and also 60 rex loops.
- The modules folder contains the basic synth and NNXT patches which were used for the combinator sounds.
- 8 tracks in RNS format – inspiring with highl ‘tutorialesque’ value.
Pricing and Availability:
Here’s some info on SoundCells’ latest release – Simple Sampling is an awesome ReFill which is your best friend
If you are looking for classic old-school sampled sounds instead of huge patches built by hundreds of individual samples. Patches are super-fast laoding, CPU-friendly and they are full of ‘retro‘ character. Using Simple Sampling means that you will surprised by fat basses, great playable and funky keys, super-deep atmospheric textures, ‘simple‘ pianos full of character and huge pads – stunning quality in every aspect!
And lets not forget about the note-by-note sampled Stylophone…(the ‘Stylofunk‘ mp3 track on the product page is – apart from the drumloop – entirely based on stylophone samples)
Version 3 is an awesome update which adds 25 new combinator patches based on lots of new samples, and includes 9 great demo tracks.
Simple Sampling v3 Contents:
• 151 combinator patches for many different styles of music, subdivided in 6 folders: Bass, Drum Machines, FX & Atmo, Keys, Leads, Pads.
• A note by note (a2 – e4) sampled and looped Stylophone including it´s typical release click.
• ‘Simple Samples‘ coming from the Rhodes Mark 1, Doepfer MS404, Supernova 2, microKORG, G2, Kawai K5000…
• The modules folder contains the basic NNXT patches which are used for the combinator sounds.
• 10 Rex loops, 5 Redrum kits.
• 9 great demo tracks included.
More info and many ‘Simple Sampling‘ only MP3s:
“Greenhouse v2″ Contents:
• 159 combinator patches full of the typical and widely acclaimed Synplant character.
• 850 Synplant samples, 830 MB uncompressed.
• 470+ combinator patches (92 “BIG box” only ones) in 11 different folders.
• Lots of inspiring demo tracks included.
Steelberry Clones got an exclusive talk with the critically acclaimed Reason Refill producer Harald Karla at Soundcells. Soundcells has been active for a long time in developing quality Refills for Propellerhead’s DAW Reason, many of which has been featured and reviewed on this blog. Soundcells’ Reason Refills covers most angles of electronic music – featuring everything from 8-bit / chip tune type sounds to high quality emulations of classic analog hardware synthesizers like Moog Source to the KORG MS-20, but also a vast amount of very complex ambient pads that would fit any sci-fi movie on the planet. We at Steelberry Clones are happy users ourselves of Soundcells ever growing library of Reason Refills and therefore we thought it about time to dive a little bit deeper into the minds of Soundcells by asking Harald Karla who founded the company in 2008 all those questions that make up the unique sounds of the Soundcells’ Refills. Harald Karla have worked as a successful freelance sound designer for quite some time but is now focusing on Soundcells full time.
You can visit Soundcells webshop via this link to find out more about the various Reason Refills of Soundcells or simply use the Soundcells banner in the right hand side column to explore further >>>>
You have been active making Reason Refills for a long time – where do you find your inspiration
First and foremost, Soundcells ReFills are products that meet my personal taste. And that is an inspiration and first of all motivation – not just to create a product that the market demands immediately, but to follow your own preferences. Since I prefer to be within Reason, I’m trying to do everything possible there, of course. Also this is the reason for the content of the ReFills. The more I can put in a single environment – the more energy, concentration and creativity remains for the music …
When producing the Refills you often stay true to the original analog synths, for example the MS-20, how do you go about re-creating these sounds
Well – actually that is not my intention to emulate certain classics – it’s more the intention to preserve the typical sound characteristics. “Analog Signature” for example is a ReFill, essential to sample those classics – which thus serve as a sound basis and shaping the sound of the ReFills. In this ReFill the analog sound-feeling is in the foreground, and therefore the sampling here was comparatively expensive: In order to have vibrant aesthetics of sound each individual note is played three times and recorded. The capabilities of the NNXT sampler can be heard by repeating a note played on the same sample twice in a row …
The result is a vivid sound that raises a very analog feeling. One should not forget that real analog sounds are not only created by “fluctuating” oscillators, but also generated by other components such as filters, envelopes, modulations of various kinds. And here some analog synthesizer sounds incredibly strong, which can not be done simply by multi-sampling individual notes … At this point, it simply ends the emulation. If you wanted to create the typical sound with all its inaccuracies of the original, it would ultimately imply sampling note for note – very expensive and a different topic …
The Soundcells studio
We know of you as a high-end producer of Reason Refills and more, but can you tell us a little more about your musical background
A story of many – I had a very early interest in the creation of sounds, and in the beginning I did experiment with various instruments, but very early on I ended up focusing only on electronic instruments. From the time of the summer jobs I put all my money in (initially) keyboards, then synthesizers, drum machines, mixers, effects, etc.
I have never taken any lessons. The keyboard I’ve taught myself and I have always played by ear. Over the years I have dealt extensively with many types of music and electronic sounds, later on I started to create backing tracks to produce dance music with DJs, etc. … – And then finally spent all my time in music. Basically, the years were something of a “full study,” which continues to this day … : 0)
Soundcells’ Signature Sound:
Salad Bar’s patches will cover all kinds of music styles showing you the very best Soundcells has to offer. It’s a great ReFill to get to know Soundcells’ work, introducing you to their signature dimension in designing sound.
• The modules folder contains the basic synth and NNXT patches which were used for the combinator sounds.
• 8 tracks in RNS format – inspiring with highl ‘tutorialesque’ value.
You may have seen that we have had a new banner from SoundCells up for a while now >>>>>>>>>
Here are some more details on this really nice free Refill
Nordic Red is based on samples from the ever popular Nord Modular G2X synthesizer.
Besides unlimited possibilties of creating a wide range of individual sounds – from 80′s retro sounds to modern club patches, emulations of acoustic instruments to a world of sounds that never have delivered before – the main feature of this version of Nordic Red are the G2′s “self-playing” patches, called ‘Noodles’.
- 20 combinator patches.
- 35 NNXT patches containing the basic patches which were used to build the combinators.
- 24 recordings (up to 1.30 minutes per sample) from the Nord Modular G2X, 305 MB uncompressed.
- Great for all styles of music where deep atmosphere is desired.
- All samples are included into this download in Wave format – ready to use in any other DAW.