“bitBUMPER deluxe v3“ – the ultimate 4 and 8 bit Pandora Box filled with hundreds of low bit surprises.
This ReFill is your best friend when you´re looking for inspiring new sounds with a character and a bite. To catch this character some amazing sources were sampled: RozzBox One v2, QuadraSID, the old grey Gameboy from 1989 with “Nanoloop 1″ and “Littlesounddj”, the Gameboy Advance SP from 2003 with “Nanoloop 2″ and the Nintendo DS Lite from 2006 with “DS Electroplankton” and “Korg DS-10″.
Version 3 adds new rex loops, 20 new combinator & 25 NNXT patches, as also lots of new samples …
bitBUMPER deluxe v3 Contents:
• 382 combinator patches.
• 185 NNXT patches, 138 rex loops, 650 unique samples.
• 12 demo tracks in Reason format included.
Offering price per unit is 27,90 ,- EUR (normal price is 39,90 ,- EUR)
If you’re into lo-fi 80s electronica, the Bedroom Cassette Masters 1980-89 compilations are a must… Check out this free 15-minute mix of tracks from the first two albums..
A synth jam with the Standuino Trio.
Gear used in this video:
Standuino frauAngelico drum machine (www.standuino.eu),
Standuino fraAngelico digital synth,
Standuino MicroGranny granular sampler,
Korg Monotron (filter LFO effect),
Korg Monotron Delay (delay effect),
MIDI-Sequenced with an Akai MPC500.
Filmed with a Canon Rebel t2i (550D).
Maschine Meets Modular in this grimey, lo-fi hip hop instrumental featuring the Intellijel Korgasmatron analog multi-mode filter. The faux-sample is the sound of the frequency modulated Korgasmatron self-oscillating low pass filter. No oscillators were used. The bass and drums are Maschine.
“Boost 309 v4″ is based on the complete sample set of the vintage, lo-fi but charmingly sounding machine Rave-o-lution 309 by a company named Quasimidi. Soundcells has created 100 brand new combinator drum machines for you with these samples.
It all ranges from the old original 309 thing to amazing and unique patches that could have never been created within the 309 itself. Besides cool beats and complex, crazy rhythms Boost 309 will offer the user even more! Version 4 is an awesome update which adds 20 combinator patches: 5 combinator drum machines (plus their 5 shuffled counterparts) & 10 great playable combinator synth patches. Not to forget about the new Kong & ReDrum kits..
Boost 309 version 4 Contents:
• 230 combinator patches in 4 folders: Bass, Leads, Pads, Polyphone Synths.
• 100+ NNXT patches, 20 Kong kits, 26 ReDrum kits and over 300 samples from the original 309.
• 60+ rex loops making use of the “Boost 309″ drum machines as also the original machine.
• 5 tracks in RNS format – inspiring with highly ‘tutorialesque’ value.
Offering price per Unit is 19.90 ,- EUR (normally 29,90 ,- EUR)
Tonebytes lets us know that Lo-Fizer is a free VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed to add some nice lo-fi effects to your recordings for a variety of artistic techniques.
There are a total of 10 lo-fi devices which are decorated in a rack units:
- Vinyl – produces vinyl cracks and pops
- Hum – produces adjustable low frequency hum
- Hiss – produces warm adjustable high frequency hiss
- Monoizer – stereo to mono converter
- Speaker Sim – simple preset based speaker simulator
- Lo-Bit – bit-crasher simulator
- Crusher – resampler simulator
- Vowel – simple vowel filter
- GLS – vocal remover that uses mid-side technique
You can combine up to 4 devices in the rack. With just a few clicks you can select a combination of effects and create the desired sound.
The built-in preset manager makes it easy to save the settings and quickly access them or share them with other Lo-Fizer users.
In addition, VST automation and full MIDI Learning are supported.
Pricing and Availability:
ToneBytes has introduced Lo-Fizer, a free lo-fi effect plug-in for Windows.
Lo-Fizer is a free VST effect plug-in for Windows, designed to add some nice lo-fi effects to your recordings for a variety of artistic techniques.
- 10 lo-fi devices which are decorated in a rack units:
- Vinyl – produces vinyl cracks and pops.
- Hum – produces adjustable low frequency hum.
- Hiss – produces warm adjustable high frequency hiss.
- Monoizer – stereo to mono converter.
- Speaker Sim – simple preset based speaker simulator.
- Lo-Bit – bit-crasher simulator.
- Crusher – resampler simulator.
- Vowel – simple vowel filter.
- GLS – vocal remover that uses mid-side technique.
- Combine up to 4 devices in the rack.
- Built-in preset manager.
- VST automation and full MIDI learning.
The Lo-Fizer plug-in is available to download as a freeware (ad-supported) VST effect plug-in for Windows.
100% Rhythm Core Alpha. This time I used the lo-fi sounds (mainly Square, Saw and C64 samples) and tried to assemble retro tunes whith many tones and some arpeggio sounds, which personally remind me of my Game Boy childhood. Are you a Lo-Fi Johnny, too?
Amazing: You can play all your patterns (blocks) in realtime and even change the key/mode of your created tunes automatically. LIVE !!!
Thank you very much again for this awesome DSiWare release and keep up the good work, SoftEgg!!!
Tek’it Audio has introduced APC – a virtual re-creation of the popular DIY circuit the Atari Punk Console. Unfortunately it is not freeware as we have come to be accoustemed to when it comes to plug-ins made by Tekít
APC is a square wave synthesizer that creates fun “low-fi” sound, and comes with users MODs.
- Comes with modifications of the original circuit, the tone push buttons that change the tone by +/- 1 octave, a resonant highpass filter that self oscillate and a gate controller with a hold function.
- Submit new MODs online. Registered users can submit online new ideas to mod APC, based on modifications existing in the DIY scene, or their imagination.
- Easy assignation of all parameters to MIDI controllers. Click on “Learn” on the parameter, move the control on your MIDI controller, and that it.
- Square waves “low-fi” sound
- Gate MOD with hold function
- Users can submit new MODs online
- 2 users MODs available: Pitch up & down, Highpass resonant filter
- Full MIDI automation support
- Easy MIDI learn on all parameters
- Use 7-bit MIDI Continuous Controller or High resolution 14-bit MIDI NRPN and RPN
- Comes with users manual
- Easy installer
Here’s an audio demo of the APC in action:
- 1GHz CPU or higher with SSE
- 512MB RAM or higher
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, XP (SP2 or later), or Vista™
- VST™ 2 compatible host
Pricing and Availability
APC is available now for €10,00EUR/US $10.
This is a demonstration of the GetLoFi MIDI Loop sequencer on a Nokia cell phone. The program is a Java application that theoretically should work on a wide range of older cell phones including a Blackberry device. Anything that supports J2ME.
More information soon at www.getlofi.com
The App can be downloaded from http://www.getlofi.com/getlofi.jar
The Controls are pretty simple.
Number keys 1-8 randomly choose a pattern from 99 preset MIDI phrases for that spot on the sequence. 9 Key randomly selects phrases for all spots.
0 Key clears all patterns out and sents the Self Play Mode, and ( *, # ) adjust the length of the pattern sequence.
There is no tempo control, except for what is in the MIDI phrase files themselves.
Here´s what you need:
- Software running on the Java virtual machine (good, old-fashioned J2ME)
- A hack for proper input and output (from the various headset connectors)
- Sequenced MIDI files
The result: otherwise silent, ordinary cellphones become living musical creatures. Install files, plus information on how to make the circuit for I/O, went up on GetLoFi early in October, but thanks to Michael Una for pointing this my way over dinner recently.
Everything you need:
MIDI Loop Sequencer aka Cell Phone Noisemaker