For more information visit http://www.bitwig.com !
Previous betas of Bitwig Studio lacked VST support, and it’s been a bit too early to really evaluate them. In this new build, though, we not only get the ability to load VSTs, but a way of treating them that isn’t quite like other hosts.
- Parameters in easy reach: The default interface for plug-ins shows all their parameters in a list, and you can find them quickly as you type. (Most other hosts have a hidden screen with a mess of faders and require you to sort through them.)
- Quick automation: When you select a parameter in a plug-in – such as a fader or knob – that parameter is automatically selected for automation in the track view. (Note: this is a feature straight out of Ableton Live, which will be more useful with the introduction of curves and better automation recording in Live 9.)
- Faster loading: Folder monitoring is automatic, so the program doesn’t have to rescan your plug-ins with each launch – reducing load time
- Crash protection: Plug-ins are protected from crashes by instantiating each as a separate process.
Consisting of HALion Sonic, Padshop Pro, Retrologue, Hypnotic Dance, Triebwerk and Dark Planet, the Absolute VST Instrument Collection offers thousands of sounds, advanced technology and state-of-the-art sound design for contemporary music production, composing and live performance. Absolute combines exceptional quality and premium value at a fantastic price.
• 6 high-quality VST instruments comprising thousands of presets
• HALion Sonic is Steinberg’s premier VST workstation, featuring the latest sampling and synthesis technologies, a world-class library and an intelligent user interface that excels in the studio as well as on stage.
• Padshop Pro introduces a new way of granular sound design. Get yourself ready for out-of-this-world atmospheres and far-out effects.
• Zero Gravity is the exceptional expansion pack for Padshop Pro and comes with 250 new presets and a fully loaded new SoftGrain Wave ROM.
• Retrologue offers old-school analog synth sounds and biting sonic blocks and is ideal for creating fat and funky lead and bass sounds.
• Hypnotic Dance is a treasure trove for electronic music producers with solid bass lines, cutting leads and beautifully textured pads.
• Triebwerk is the go-to choice for club-worthy dance sounds including soaring synths, four-to-the-floor drum kits and queasy vocals.
• Dark Planet is best-suited for cinematic scores and musical excursions, comprising creepy sounds, shattering loops and eerie instruments.
• VST 3, VST 2 and AU host compatibility.
• Cross-platform 32/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X Intel.
• Steinberg USB-eLicenser included.
Softrave has released Vintage Effect Pack for Windows, which includes four VST Effects:
- Vintage Analog Filter
Vintage Analog Filter Vst is constructed to emulate analog instability of electric circuits of vintage filters. You can control the level of analog detune with analog drift section. you also have big choice of waves to modulate filter to make psychedelic, cosmic or just disco and house effects.
- Vintage Double Phaser
Vintage Double Phaser Vst is providing classical phase shift effect and some extended possibilities. You can create phase shift effect on left and right channel separately that makes strange unique sound. Or just enjoy classic phaser sound. Its good for guitars, pads, drums and percussion lines. This plugin was inspired by The Worm guitar pedal by Electroharmonix.
- Vintage Analog Ring Shift Modulator
Vintage Analog Ring Shift Modulator Vst is providing mix of pitch shifting with ring modulation. You can create unusual vibrato effects, distortions or bell like sounds and also weird strange effects. This plugin was inspired by Ring Thing guitar pedal by Electroharmonix.
- Vintage Space Chorus
Vintage Space Chorus is intended to create unusual stereo chorus space effects good for rock, electronica, disco and experimental styles of music With this plug you can add some vintage analog feel to boring digital sound.
Price: €31 / $40.
Here’s a new audio demo of new VST software synth from Psychic Modulation.
“7 instances of the synthesiser in track with no added effects on bass, chords, pads or stabs. Drums from Cubase Groove Agent and Reel People v 3 drum samples. Real guitar by me. All synths played with Roland Midi Guitar GI-20 interface. www.ramjetproductions.co.uk“
Phonec is best described as an ‘analog flux synthesizer’. Inspired by the mystique of video logo synth scores from worn out VHS tapes, Phonec was primarily designed with character in mind. However Phonec is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses. Phonec has an intuitive GUI that attempts to strike a balance between form and function, making it a very usable tool that can be a real inspiration to work with. Apart from it’s unique character and smooth workflow, Phonec has several interesting features that set it apart from the crowd. Here is a brief overview that highlights the most important aspects:
Dual oscillators that can be combined in various ways
Analog style oscillator drifting
A unique Melt feature that adds instant character to any patch
3 LFOs (2 monophonic, 1 polyphonic)
HFO (High Frequency Oscillator)
2 Modulation Envelopes
Echoshifter Delay Unit
Universal Value Display
Double Click Parameter Reset
Sir Elliot has released the GPA-2VST plug-in for Windows, a preamplifier described as best suited for jazz, rhythm & blues and lounge music.
Sir Elliot tells us that the GPA-2 is designed to dampen the audio signal and that each Auxiliary input will offer its own tonal characteristic. The new features from the previous model are the following:
- High Damping Factor
- Cross talk
- Output LED Display
- Over Sample Rate Protection
- Frequency Bandwidth: +/- 3 dB 22.7 Hz – 22,000 kHz (44.1 kHz – 96 kHz)
- Over Sample Rate Protection: 105 kHz and above
- Cross talk: – 20 dB
- Power Consumption: 7% on a single-core, 3 GHZ, Pentium 4 CPU residing on Windows XP SP3 using a 44.1 kHz white noise audio file.
Pricing and Availability:
“Inspired by the mystique of video logo synth scores from worn out VHS tapes, Phonec was primarily designed with character in mind. However Phonec is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses. Phonec has an intuitive GUI that attempts to strike a balance between form and function, making it a very usable tool that can be a real inspiration to work with. Apart from it’s unique character and smooth workflow, Phonec has several interesting features that set it apart from the crowd.”
- Dual oscillators that can be combined in various ways
- Analog style oscillator drifting
- A unique Melt feature that adds instant character to any patch
- Accent Sequencer
- 3 LFOs (2 monophonic, 1 polyphonic)
- HFO (High Frequency Oscillator)
- 2 Modulation Envelopes
- Echoshifter Delay Unit
- Universal Value Display
- Double Click Parameter Reset
- 128 presets
Pricing and Availability:
Phonec is available for a special introductory price of $34.
Meesha has released a free modular synth for Windows, Datmatriks:
Damatriks is a “classic” modular synthesizer system VST plugin, inspired by the modular analog synths. With many different modules in place, endless creativity is guaranteed. These modules can be patched using a CV (control voltage) matrix module, creating complex CV patches.
- vco type 1 (2)
- vco type 2
- vco link (sync/Xmod)
- mixer (with noise gen)
- envelope type 1 (2)
- vca type 1
- filter type 1
- filter type 2
- clock (with multiplier)
- lfo type 1
- lfo type 2
- cv mixer
- cv matrix 9->14
It’s a free download at the Meesha site.
Vintage Space Chorus VST Demo by Softrave:
Vintage Space Chorus is intended to create unusual stereo chorus space effects good for rock, electronica, disco and experimental styles of music
Price is 11 Eu \ 15 usd
you can purchase plugin here
New Reason rack extensions – DR-1, AP-12 and VE-3:
Synapse Audio has announced the release of its DR-1, AP-12 and VE-3 Rack Extensions Propellerhead’s Reason.
Synapse Audio Software introduces three high quality Rack Extension effect plugins for Propellerhead’s Reason: DR-1 Deep Reverb, AP-12 Analog Phaser, and VE-3 Vintage Equalizer.
New Synapse Audio Rack Extensions
- DR-1—Inspired by a high-end 1980s outboard reverb, the Synapse Deep Reverb DR-1 delivers a deep, lush sound not found in modern software reverbs. Rather than trying to imitate real spaces, the DR-1 gives an uncolored and pleasant reverb sound that is especially well suited for synthetic material and lead sounds.
- AP-12—The Synapse AP-12 emulates vintage analog phasers, which are composed of a series of phase shifting stages with a feedback path wrapped around them. The phase shifting stages (switchable between 6 and 12 stages) are modulated by a LFO, which can be synchronized to the current song tempo.
- VE-3—he Synapse Vintage EQ-3 is a precise model of a 3-band analog tone stack, as found in late 50s guitar amplifiers. The unique sound of these devices is due to the coupled, passive circuits employed, where changing any parameter affects the entire network in a complex way. This is different from a digital parametric EQ, which operates on just one isolated region of interest.
The DR-1 and AP-12 are available to purchase at 32 EUR each, VE-3 is 25 EUR.
Twin Bass free bass synth plugin:
The Interruptor has released version 1.1 of the Twin Bass bass synthesizer instrument for Windows.
VSTi Bass Synthesizer with a double filter architecture allowing to create rich mid-range bass textures together with a solid sub bass foundation. Also vocal-like timbres can be easily created. Features an extensive modulation matrix and individual outs for the filters.
Twin Bass features
- 2 Oscillators: Sine, Saw, Ramp, Triangle, Pulse, Noise.
- 2 Filters operating in parallel (connection in series is also possible).
- Filter 1: 2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass.
- Filter 2: stereo filter with separate cut-off for left and right side (2 x Low pass, 2 x High pass, Bandpass).
- Feedback loop for the entire filter section.
- Distortion effect with two modes
- hard: metallic distortion sound.
- soft: tube-like warm distortion.
- 3 x LFO, synchronized to host application.
- 3 x ADSR Envelope.
- Matrix: 5 modulation slots connect 12 modulation sources to 26 modulation destinations. Pitch bend, amplifier envelope and filter envelope are pre-wired.
- Process external signals: In Oscillator 2 an external signal can be selected as the waveform.
- MIDI learn: Right-click any control to assign a midi control and automate the parameter from your DAW.
- Monophonic modes with glide.
- Polyphonic modes with max. 8 simultaneous notes.
- Individual Outs are available for the two Filters.
- Structure display shows the signal flow of the synth as it results from your settings of the filter and FX routings.
- Pop-up hints: While the mouse hovers over a control a hint appears explaining the function of the control.
The Twin Bass is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
Minimal System Instruments releases Punch Evolved compressor VST for Windows
The original Punch compressor is one of Minimal System’s most popular and respected plug-ins and is an up-to-date version of one of the all time classic analogue compression and limiting processors, the 1176AE. They say that the new Punch Evolved plug-in takes this even further with a completely redesigned engine and the addition of new sound shaping features such as Mid/Side processing, EQ, and Gate sections.
- Ultra-fast attack time.
- Unique Analogue Modelled characteristics.
- FET Gain Reduction Emulation.
- Input & Output Gain Adjustment Knobs with adjustable Attack and Release Settings.
- An array of ratio’s including 2:1, 4:1, and 8:1 perfect for compression duties – but there is also the 20:1 ratio designed for full limiting applications.
- Mid/Side Processing.
- Gate with controls for Threshold, Attack, and Release.
- EQ with controls for Low/Mid/High.
- Custom Output Transformer Emulation design.
- Full automation capabilities.
- Flexible VU metering options.
- LED Visual Feedback.
- Professionally designed GUI.
- Fantastic Presets produced by Movie Iga and Kendal Osborne.
- Based on the 1176AE Limiting Amplifier Compressor.
- Fantastic on drums!
Pricing and Availability:
XTS1 is a new virtual instrument for your DAW. Create awesome sounds with just a few controls. 3 smooth sounding dynamic waveforms, multi-mode filter as well as chorus, vibrato, noise, drive, 3 envelopes and powerful velocity and LFO mapping.
Get it at http://www.energy-xt.com/xts1
- Windows/Mac OS X compatible
- 32-voice virtual synthesizer
- 32 presets
- 3 dynamic waveforms: (1) saw to sin, (2) pulse width and (3) phase modulated
- Chorus, Noise and vibrato
- Multi-mode filter cutoff, q and drive
- Poly/legato/mono and glide mode
- Master envelope
- Filter envelope
- Waveform envelope (saw to sin, pulse width, pm amount)
- Velocity: vol, pan, waveform, cutoff, filter-sustain, noise level
- LFO: vol, pan, cutoff, waveform. Freerun mode with tempo-sync.
- Pitch bend
New video guide from Loopmasters producer Andre Touhey as he explores the DarkStar Synth VST Plug-in from Minimal System Instruments (MSI).
DarkStar is a monster analogue modelled synth. With its 4 oscillators you can easily create the sounds you need. In this video Andre gives us an overview of the DarkStar synth’s main features, with a examples of the synth at work in a track. For more information on the Minimal System Instruments Line synth and purchase – please visit the http://www.PluginBoutique.com store.