A look at the new upgrade for Alchemy Pro which now has Audiobus Compatabilty and lots of new features including a four track recorder, drum pads and lots of new sounds..This video concentrates on the sounds and playability via a midi keyboard.
Russ takes a look at the Wave Alchemy Pro II synth.
Inject your mix with a comprehensive collection of fully editable and beautiful sounding analogue synth sounds…
Driven by a custom scripted Kontakt 4 engine, intuitive graphical interface and over 6500 carefully recorded samples, Pro II is a limitless source of screaming bass lines, lush synth tones and powerful sequences.
Inspired by one of the most popular synths of its time, Pro II combines classic sounds with modern sound shaping tools to achieve a versatile and fully programmable hybrid synthesizer!
Pro II ships with a 3.9GB core sound library and includes 195 expertly programmed presets, all of which are editable via our extensively scripted instrument panel and stunning GUI controls.
Mobile includes everything from evolving soundscapes and fat bases to lush pads and pulsing arpeggios, and is available for free from the iTunes App store. This is the iOS version of Camel Audio’s award-winning Mac/PC Alchemy synth – the leading sample manipulation synthesizer which can be heard on thousands of records and films by world-class artists. With the Pro Upgrade, you can remotely control Alchemy or the free Alchemy Player on your desktop computer. This is the first iPhone App to offer a dedicated touch remote feature for a desktop synth! Easy one touch access to the remix pad and preset selection means you’ll spend more time getting inspired and less time reaching for your mouse.
Alchemy Mobile Free features
- Remix pad to morph between sound variations and create your own sound.
- 16 performance controls so you can easily tweak sounds to fit your music.
- Most powerful iOS synthesis engine with VA, sampler, granular and additive resynthesis.
- External MIDI keyboard support.
- Loop player with 25 drum loops included.
- Copy and paste support for easy integration with sequencers.
- iPad native version included.
- Built in keyboard with scalable keys.
- One touch major and minor chords.
- 25 sounds with 25 more free when you register.
- Add on sound libraries available as in-app purchases.
Alchemy Mobile Pro features
- Remote control of Alchemy or free Alchemy Player on your desktop computer.
- Free download of Mobile version (if available) of desktop sound libraries you own.
- 125 sounds.
- 50 loops.
Alchemy Mobile Free is now available for iPhone/iPad. The Alchemy Mobile Pro Upgrade is available for iPhone/iPad for $19.99 USD / 15.99 EUR / £13.99 GBP. The Pro Upgrade is available as in-app purchase from the free version.
Dan Worrall has done it again and created a great tutorial on granular synthesis with Alchemy. It covers all aspects of the granular engine as well as explaining in detail how the position and stretch knobs can be used to create all kinds of effects. All Alchemy videos are now available for everyone to watch, even if you don’t own Alchemy yet.
Below is a nice video tutorial featuring the classic virtual instrument; Camel Audio Alchemy. The video is also interesting since sound designer Jim Stout is running Alchemy via an Open Labs Neko and the video gives you a good sense of how this system works. NeKo XXL is virtually all of the major components of a professional studio fused together in seamless, coherent instrument that is the quintessential definition of style and functionality. You can compose, record, mix, master and even distribute music of the highest quality only using the NeKo XXL and the tens of thousands of included sound presets.
Awesome YouTube video by Torley where he walks you though some features and presets of Alchemy
VISIT http://torley.com for more useful fun!
Alchemy is the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer. It’s a synth powerhouse and yet is very easy to use thanks to its performance controls and remix pads. Just tweak the library of excellent presets from many of the world’s top sound designers or dive in and analyse your own samples – it’s up to you!
Alchemy features additive, spectral and granular synthesis and resynthesis, sampling, and a very capable virtual analog engine with unison and PWM. You can morph or crossfade between sources. You can import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files. A wide range of analog modelled filters are included, in addition to a flexible rack of effects which includes all those from CamelPhat and CamelSpace as well as many new effects such as a high quality reverb. The innovative modulation system is extremely flexible, yet easy to use. Alchemy also features a powerful arpeggiator with the ability to import the groove from any MIDI file for immediate synchronization to a beat.
What is Alchemy all about?
- Additive, spectral and granular synthesis and resynthesis, sampling, virtual analog engine with unison and PWM.
- 4 stereo sources each of which has additive, VA, spectral, granular and sampler engine, morph between sources using advanced harmonic blending and precise time alignmen, crossfade between sounds with vector mixin.
- Performance controls and remix for easy tweaking by non-programmers. 16 controls per preset carefully assigned by the preset designer, for instant access to each presets most tweakable paramete.
- 8 remix pad variations per preset – click and drag to morph between variations two XY squares
- You can import your own samples from SFZ, WAV or AIFF files.
- 2GB of samples and analysed content.
- 300 presets covering everything from pads and soundscapes to keys, basses and leads designed by many of the worlds top sound designers.
- 16 effects types including all of the CamelSpace and CamelPhat effects!
- 128 Step Groove Arpeggiator
- Extensive modulatation routing with midi learn
- Very high quality analysis and resynthesis – import vocal phrases, drum loops made possible by 600 stereo oscillators
- Realtime modulation of amplitude, pitch and pan spectrums by any modulator – for example, control the odd/even harmonic balance, pan partials using LFOs, stretch or contract the harmonic spectrum and lots more
- Individual amplitude, pitch and pan envelopes for each partial
- Easy to use additive editor with unique detail knob to simplify sounds for editing
- Phase vocoder analysis for high quality pitch and time stretching
- Noise resynthesis mode using 256 band noise shaping
- Advanced graphical sonogram editing – choose from a range of brushes and select the colour and opacity
- Graphical spectral cut, copy and paste – cut or copy and paste specific frequency and time regions
- Sampler or granular playback modes
- freely modulatable parameters including grain size, density (up to 10 simultaneous grains), random grain time and random pan
- Selectable and customizable granular window shapes