The Clipper is a compact, portable and programmable LED-lit fingerboard that can remotely run an Ableton Live session. With 144 touch-sensitive buttons you can record and play a Live set in one area and perform guitar, bass, drums, add Live beat-repeats, whatever, in another area of the Lightboard. You can now record and play clips into the Live Session View interface and control Live at the tips of your fingers while you’re moving across the stage or interacting with your audience. The Clipper’s Lightboard offers 32,000 colors and can match the colors from the Live session running in your computer, and completely wirelessly when the AirPower option is installed.
This full-color LED fingerboard controller is also very versatile and can easily be programmed to display text messages, JPEGs, and animations. In addition to that, you can set up separate colored zones on the fingerboard to play bass, drums, piano, or any sounds using Live while connecting to hardware synths via MIDI.
Gaining more popularity in the electronic music genre, Ztar fingerboard controllers are a welcome alternative for Electronic Music performers who want to interact with their audience. Noteworthy clientele include Pendulum and Excision as well as the Chemical Brothers, Linkin Park, Maroon5, Vernon Reid, Bob Weir, Lou Reed and many others. Electronic musicians and DJs can now better express themselves and interact with the audience with this advancement in MIDI controllers.
In addition to portability and convenience, the Clipper’s LED fingerboard can be programmed to display text messages, JPEG images, animations and lighting FX in response to your touch or streamed in from an external computer. The fingerboard offers 32,000 colors that can be matched to your computer’s Ableton Live session. Separate colored zones can also be set up on the fingerboard to play clips, bass, drums, piano, or any other sounds by using Live or connecting to hardware synths with MIDI. With 144 touch-sensitive keys, a live set can be recorded in one zone while solo performances can be played in another.
Ableton Live Portable Control Surface
At the core of the Clipper’s lighting control is a library of lighting commands that can be programmed on the Clipper and performed directly by playing the Clipper’s fretboard, drumpads, ribbon, knobs, joystick, and pedals. By connecting the Clipper’s USB port to a computer, you can stream live lighting FX from Max-for-Live, any sequencer, or create your own software.
Now you can control all your sounds with animated colors at the tips of your fingers, and all while moving across the stage. This Ztar Clipper LightBoard Controller is unlike any other and offers an entirely new experience to electronic musicians everywhere.
The Clipper has a full complement of hardware and software features:
- 144 velocity-sensitive RGB LED keys with over 32,000 colors
- 6 programmable Knobs
- 6 Programmable touchpads for Notes, Chords, Loops, MIDI CC’s, Lighting EFX
- Embedded bi-directional MIDI Wireless capability as an option. Be completely cable-free!
- Multi-purpose programmable Slider
- 4 way programmable joystick
- Sustain and Volume Pedal inputs
- MIDI I/O and USB2.
- Onboard Programming interface
- Easy user command set for controlling the LED lighting with any external MIDI sequencer or computer. Display and scroll text, images, and lighting effects. Get creative with Max for Live.
- Embedded step sequencer and arpeggiator
- Clipper – Clip-based Live Interactive Performance Controller
Price for the basic Clipper: $1695 MSRP, $1995 MSRP for the Clipper with bi-directional MIDI Wireless and Battery Pack
At popular request, Ean shares how he has the VU meters in Traktor mapped to four different channels on his Kontrol X1 controllers. Read more: http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/10/27…
The Hot Hand USB Wireless MIDI Controller bypasses traditional knobs and faders, allowing users to manipulate software parameters with wireless motion-control. Hot Hand USB delivers an entirely new method of dynamic control to DAW (digital audio workstations) or live-performance software like Ableton Live, Traktor, Reason, Serato DJ, and Logic/MainStage.
- Wireless 3 axis motion sensor ring & USB receiver
- Driverless USB MIDI operation for Windows/Mac
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery for 6 hour usage time.
- Capable of transmitting over 100 feet.
- Works with any MIDI compatible audio software (Ableton, Reason, Logic, Traktor, etc).
MIDI script here: http://support.image-line.com/redirec…
Remixing using Deckadance 2 and the Numark N4 controller
The Propellerhead crew got a Hot Hand USB MIDI controller sent to the office. It’s a wireless motion sensor you put on like a ring that can then control parameters via MIDI. Of course Mattias had to give it a try! Here he’s controlling filter frequency, noise level and phase on a Subtractor.
And AskAudio has a new tutorial out:
Reason 7: Creating REX Files
Oh, it’s hard to believe it. The reason to own Recycle, that *ahem* older once-miracle of modern sampling has now past. No longer do you need to encode audio files in another application, outside of Reason. Now, you can convert audio files within Reason, into Rex files. Which, of course, are the loop files that Dr. Octo Rex eats for breakfast.
So, why, with Reason’s amazing time stretching ability would this feature even be relevant? Well, if you’ve ever gone into the editor of Dr. Octo Rex, and have actually messed around with features like the Amp envelope, Filter envelope, or you’ve applied an LFO to a loop. Or, if you’ve ever modified the pan, pitch, or filter frequency of individual slices within a REX file… Well, you know you can take loops to a very different place.
In short, REX files are still amazing, relevant and because you can now easily create your own REX files life has gotten much better.
So, how do you do it?
Designed to create and control sound, light and video, Crystall Ball gives all your computer-aided creative work a new dimension. More than a controller, it is an intuitive, interactive and infinitely customisable tool.
In a studio or live, let your senses speak and give free rein to your stage performance!
Reloop will disclose new studio products at the BPM Show. Reloop Keyfadr and Keypad are especially designed and optimized DAW controllers for Ableton Live 9. The Reloop Studio Keyfadr combines some of the most useful control functions for music production into a compact and versatile DAW controller for producers and performers using Ableton.
Aside from its extremely compact dimensions, which make the controller fit comfortably into almost any laptop bag, the Keyfadr offers users a variety of intuitive possibilities; from being a control station for studio projects through to being a creative tool for a live gig.
The Keyfadr is made up of 25 velocity-sensitive keys, 8 faders, 16 rotary knobs and 8 endless encoders with push function, making this USB MIDI controller an indispensable creative tool. A unique highlight of the Keyfadr is its ability to help create complex compositions on the fly. The internal arpeggiator can build vivid sequences with flexible quantization possibilities that give subtle nuance to your sound, whilst the chord mode can punch out different combinations at the strike of a single key. Scale mode helps you hit the right key every time by playing the correct tones matched to the chosen scale.
Ableton Live Lite 9 comes included with Keyfadr, and the controller is ready to plug-and-play once the software is installed; getting you set-up and running in seconds, without having to make your own complicated mappings. Creating a live performance is easy with Keyfadr, as Ableton’s live clip view can be set to control all major clip and navigation commands using only the Keyfadr surface. Pressing ‘shift’ at any time allows you to set up a second scene, making it easy to switch between performance modes.
The Keypad is made up of 25 velocity-sensitive keys, 8 faders, 16 rotary knobs and 8 endless encoders with push function, making this USB MIDI controller an indispensable creative tool.
- Combines the most useful functions for music production into one device
- Keyboard: 25 mini keys with 9 playable octaves
- Control section: 8 Channel faders with endless encoders (pan), including 2 control
- knobs, (send/return) and three backlit function buttons (mute, solo, rec)
- Full integration and easy plug and play for Ableton Live 9
- DAW transport controls (play, stop, rec, scene up/down, play/ stop clips, overdub, set marker, marker left/right, cycle, tap, metronome)
- On board appregiator with multiple modes and internal/external midi clock
- Chord feature: Easily play the most common chords in this versatile mode
- Scale mode: Choose from four different scales and always hit the right key
- Shift button for second layer control and choose between two performance scenes
- Fully USB powered controller requires no external power source
- Other midi mappings available as download
- Ableton Live 9 Lite included (value upgrade opportunity)
- Drum pads: 16 velocity sensitive trigger pads with backlit LEDs
Impressions of the Nektar Panorama P1 USB MIDI Controller. The P1 works great with Reason or Cubase for a completely integrated experience.
“The enormous controlling power of Panorama P1 is contained in a compact case about the size of a 17″ laptop. An unrivalled amount of assignable controls makes Panorama the most comprehensive and fully featured MIDI controller around. 16 encoders, 9 45mm faders, 10 LED buttons, 28 buttons and a foot switch jack gives you immediate control of up to 61 parameters at any one time. Settings can be stored in 20 presets with individually save and loadable F-keys maps for more than 1200 combinations. The numbers may not matter but being in control does.”
Launchkey Mini is an exciting new compact mini-key instrument/controller featuring 16 velocity sensitive, three colour illuminated launch pads – use them to launch loops, sounds, effects, transport controls, and more.
Launchkey Mini also features a 25-note keyboard, eight assignable rotary controls, seven function buttons, and a further two performance buttons. Compact and portable, Launchkey Mini is great for producing and performing at home or on stage.
Launchkey Mini key features:
‘Go anywhere, play anywhere’
- Ultra-lightweight and easy to carry
- Fully powered by iPad® or USB
• 25-note mini-keyboard
• 16 velocity sensitive, three colour launch pads
• Knobs and buttons for total control
• Fully-integrated with Novation apps for iPad
• Hands-on control of included synths and music software on Mac and PC
For more details, check out the product page here:
Performance courtesy of Peter Lyons -
Here’s a sneak peek at the new TouchAble 2, details below:
touchAble – THE Ableton live controller app for iPad – available worldwide exclusively through the iTunes App Store: http://www.itunes.com/app/touchable
touchAble 2 will be a free update for all touchAble users
touchAble 2 introduces:
- Complete rebuild of the app
- New and faster Engine
- New Graphic interface
- New server
- New Template editor module : build your own controllers pages
- New Midi editor/ step sequencer
- New Isomorphic keyboard
- New Step Sequencer with Chord & Drum modes
- New Browser lets access to your library
- Complete rebuild of XY pad module
- Hundreds of new features, change and improvements
Full compatibility with Live 8 and Live 9, Intro, Standard & Suite.
touchAble provides a powerful, intuitive and reliable multitouch control solution for professional use.
touchAble includes templates for lives plugins and is fully compatible with vsts, audiounits and instruments.
touchAble is supported by many professional musicians, performers, djs and composers around the world, who use touchAble on stage or in studio.
Track by Le K http://www.le-k.org