26 Video Live Projection Mapping Mashup
Using some of our favourite London musicians, films and TV shows.
“Today we released our new London themed projection mapping mashup,” says Evans-Roberts. “We used Ableton Live with Max for Live, and Akai APC40, Resolume Arena, MadMapper, two projectors and three laptops for the performance.”
You can download the mashup via Ithaca Audio on Facebook.
Check it out and let us know what you think of it!
- Eurythmics – Winston’s diary (1984)
- Night and the City
- Mary Poppins – Stay awake
- Queen – A kind of magic
- Amy Winehouse – You know I’m no good
- The Who – Baba O’Riley
- Blur – Song 2
- Amy Winehouse – Stronger than me
- Jamiroquai – Deeper underground
- Dizzee Rascal – Fix up, look sharp
- Quincy Jones – It’s caper time (self preservations society)
- Adele – Rumor has it
- John Murphy – 28 days later
- Led Zepplin – Whole lotta love
- Faithless – Insomnia
- Florence & the Machine – You got the love
- The Clash – London calling
- Queen – We are the champions
- Dizzee Rascal – Bonkers
- Klint – Diamond (Snatch)
- The Kinks – You really got me
- Are you being served
- Only fools and horses
- Queen – Another one bites the dust
- The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter
SampleRider is a Max for Live instrument that uses a user-defined sample as a table for an oscillator. Basically, a sinewave that is modulated by another sinewave sets the sample index for reading back sample points from the loaded sample. Frequency is set by incoming MIDI notes. Velocity sets volume. The user can define other parameters (e.g. modulating oscillator amount and frequency). There are two main oscillators and two modulating oscillators. All timbral changes are created simply by reading back from the loaded sample at different points / in a different way.
SOON AVAILABLE HERE : http://designthemedia.com/thegranulizator
Requires Max for Live
– buffer size from 1ms to 10s
– 5 parameters to control grains (pitch, noise pitch, length, gain, stereo)
– 2 sources possible (grab audio from input OR use a sample from your disk)
The Granulizator is a tool inside the granular synthesis realm.
It is also and firstly the tool used by protofuse (http://protofuse.net) digital artist.
Especially, an ep has been made and unreleased for the moment but soon.
You have to read more about the granular synthesis:
This is a sneak preview of Julien Bayle’s Video Generator for Max & Max For Live:
I’m currently designing a video generator core structure able to react to my music.
The architecture will include a basic structure (again simplicity) and will be provided with music, probably.
You can go further by reading these posts:
Official Page: http://designthemedia.com/thematrix
This is a real-time sequencer machine for Ableton Live / Max for Live.
This sequencer is based on probabilities and double-triggering concept designed especially for this device.
– based on probabilities
– double triggering
– from 1 to 32 steps
– sync to Ableton Live transport
– autonomous rate for each secondary triggers layer
– many helpers to generate easily and quickly MatriX presets
– gorgeous presets engine (32 slots available)
– 14 pages documentation
The sounds and feel of Oblique, a Max for Live synth made for KONKREET PERFORMER.
It’s here > konkreetlabs.com/oblique/
and it’s free!
Oblique is a Max for Live synthesizer which is completely mapped to Konkreet Performer. As a regular synthesizer, it receives MIDI notes from any MIDI device. Unlike regular synthesizers, the timbre of the sound is controlled by OSC messages coming from the abstract interface of Performer.
The main idea behind the synthesizer was to avoid the use of sliders and knobs, and remove technical descriptions of the synthesis process. Being completely controlled by the main geometrical object of Performer, Oblique allows you to shape your sound without thinking about what is inside the box.
Oblique has been designed, from the beginning, to fit both the interface and the visuals of Performer. Hence, it is not a general purpose synthesizer, but more an audiovisual entity that you can shape and which will react in a certain way. Of course you can use it just for its sound, but Oblique reveals its
true nature when working hand in hand with the visuals. As an additional feature, Oblique can be controlled uniquely from Performer, without MIDI input. It means that you can play it entirely by manipulating the geometrical object, while the graphics in the background give you visual feedback.
CNTRL:R Live is a Sophisticated Max for Live sequencer designed by Livid Instruments and Richie Hawtin.
– Integrated with 16 pad Drum Racks in Live
– 16 steps per Drum Pad
– easily mute a whole sequence
– full envelope control for each Drum Pad sound
– control pitch, volume, pan, and filter for each step
– creative step variations for on-the fly editing
– 16th notes or triplets
– variable note value “repeat”
– create and recall up to 32 presets for each sequence
– full interactive control with CNTRL:R
This is only the teaser of a coming new sequencer for Ableton Live & Max for Live.
It provides a totally new way to make sequences directly inside Ableton Live.
It is poly & iso rhytmic.
It can trigger anything responding to standard MIDI Notes.
This device allows you to rearrange incoming audio on the fly, it also allows these slices of audio to be glitched and reversed or muted…
All controllable via midi and with a running light that can be mapped to give visual feedback on a midi controller…
Part of the modular series which can be subscribed to at isotonikstudios.com/modular
Download SmileForLive for free: http://code.google.com/p/smilesynth/downloads/detail?name=SmileForLive1.0.zip…
This is a simple generative music synthesizer built in Max/MSP created by Diego Caponera, Nicolò Paternoster and Giuseppe Sorce. It involves 5 FM generators which play notes randomly based on a root key and intervals defined by the user. It’s an university project made for an exam for Sound’s Science degree ( Math Department of Roma Tor Vergata ).
The software is distributed “as is”, without any warranty, under a GPL license.
SmileForLive is a 5 parts generative FM synthesizer for MaxForLive, featuring:
* Glitchy palette of sounds
* Change notes with MIDI (from clips and/or controllers)
* Switch Harmonic/Dissonant to avoid dissonant chords
* Clock synced
* Fully MIDI mappable
This is the port of the original SMILE application, plus additional features.